KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 10 strongest Sith

Top 10 strongest Sith
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_W_LeGenD

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Holy nutballs. Nox is a tier above Caedus and Plagueis? laughing out loud

Originally posted by Nephthys
Nox on the same level as Sidious and Vitiate, lmao!

If Nox were that powerful she'd be Empress already.

This is Nox at the height of his power. He is one of the best sorcerers and draws power from several ghosts to fuel his own. He also have augmented defenses. And he soundly defeated an extremely powerful Sith Lord.

As a measure, some ghosts almost killed Sidious on Korriban. Sidious was revived in a Bacta tank.

So yes, Nox is supremely powerful by virtue of his augmentations.

Becoming an Emperor is not an easy task. Anyways, Nox have accumulated significant powerbase of his own so far and story is in progress.

Originally posted by Nephthys
That said I agree with Legend that ranking list-ways is stupid and tiers are better.

thumb up

Originally posted by Stigma
thumb up

Other examples of this ludicrousness: the likes of Kas'im and Vindican in the same tier with Dooku laughing out loud

Boże widzisz i nie grzmisz!

Its a TIER.

Anyways, Kas'im is really good; he is one of the finest swordsmen of the mythos and the only Brotherhood Sith who could challenge Bane.

Vindican is also good; he had very good defensive abilities (tanked a missile and a lightsaber stab-wound on the face) and advanced understanding of the Force by virtue of being a Sith Inquisitor. He was significantly above a Jedi Knight level opponent at the time of his confrontation with Kao whom he stalemated until the latter acquired multiple lightsabers. Kao is every bit as impressive as Dooku, if not better.

Maybe these reasons are not enough for you, but let us not forget that a gang of pirates arrested Dooku.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 12th, 2015 at 05:28 PM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 05:25 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 05:35 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
This is Nox at the height of his power. He is one of the best sorcerers and draws power from several ghosts to fuel his own. He also have augmented defenses. And he soundly defeated an extremely powerful Sith Lord.

As a measure, some ghosts almost killed Sidious on Korriban. Sidious was revived in a Bacta tank.

Becoming an Emperor is not an easy task. Anyways, Nox have accumulated significant powerbase of his own so far and story is in progress.

None of this puts him in that tier though.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 05:59 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Sinious
None of this puts him in that tier though.

Why not? Drawing power from multiple ghosts and channeling such power for manipulating the external environment is not a norm development.

Also, watch this footage:

Thanaton is officially recognized as one of the most powerful Sith to have ever existed. Tanking his powers and overwhelming him is a very impressive accomplishment.

Nox soundly tackles virtually anybody he confronts. He also have feats of easily destroying structures, one-shotting large animals, one-shotting gigantic droids, and easily defeating even a Jedi Strike Team. In-fact, Nox have felled whole gangs of impressive opponents on many occasions.

Nox's accomplishments impressed even Marr and Khem Val recognized him as a worthy successor to Tulak Hord. Nox is undoubtedly super-strong.

Unlike many Sith, Nox just tanks through most challenges. This guy is an absolute monster.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 12th, 2015 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 06:50 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Nox solos the dread masters, tbh.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 06:55 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Nox solos the dread masters, tbh.

I recall Nox withstanding the power of Dread Masters. Very impressive.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 06:59 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Why not? Drawing power from multiple ghosts and channeling such power for manipulating the external environment is not a norm development.

Every out of norm character doesn't automatically end up in top tier though. Nox has no accolades and feats to suggest he'd be up there nor does he have any other detail in his story to suggest that as well. He is still below the likes of Darth Malgus, Jadus let alone the Emperor.

quote:
Also, watch this footage:

Thanaton is officially recognized as one of the most powerful Sith to have ever existed. Tanking his powers and overwhelming him is a very impressive accomplishment.

Nox soundly tackles virtually anybody he confronts. He also have feats of easily destroying structures, one-shotting large animals, one-shotting gigantic droids, and easily defeating even a Jedi Strike Team. In-fact, Nox have felled whole gangs of impressive opponents on many occasions.

Nox's accomplishments impressed even Marr and Khem Val recognized him as a worthy successor to Tulak Hord. Nox is undoubtedly super-strong.

Unlike many Sith, Nox just tanks through most challenges. This guy is an absolute monster.

I've played the SI story like 3 times. He is immensely powerful, no doubt. Anything you've counted so far is far from being as impressive as stomping Revan, the Braga strike team and everything else Vitaite has done and he doesn't even come close to Sidious in anyway except maybe in sorcery.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 07:57 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

If Nox were as powerful or nearly as powerful as Vitiate, hell yes it would be an easy task.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 09:02 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Hmmm, ok here's a tier list and I can see it being more favorable especially since it gives more options to choose people and what-not:

God-tier: Palpatine, Vitiate, Plagueis, Nihilus.

Top-tier: Exar Kun, Caedus, Krayt, Dread Masters, Tulak Hord.

High-tier: Vader, Bane, Malgus, Nox, Emperor's Wrath I and II, Ragnos, Dooku, and others.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 09:58 PM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Malgus, Dooku, and Vader should be higher. Bane isnt in their tier by any means

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 11:17 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by The Merchant
Hmmm, ok here's a tier list and I can see it being more favorable especially since it gives more options to choose people and what-not:

God-tier: Palpatine, Vitiate, Plagueis, Nihilus.

Top-tier: Exar Kun, Caedus, Krayt, Dread Masters, Tulak Hord.

High-tier: Vader, Bane, Malgus, Nox, Emperor's Wrath I and II, Ragnos, Dooku, and others.

For the hell of it, if only for curiosity's sake, figure you could share why you feel a given character's placement as you have them here is deserved?

I can figure out most of them myself, but half the fun of discussion is knowing WHY :maybe

I take it you take Bane's ritual on Ruusan into consideration at least concerning his placement though? :hmm

Makes sense given the ritual was only jamming the power of 27 sith into the strongest vessel they had, but eh.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 12:01 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

We should put some honorable mention...

Should combat skill the most important critere of the classment? As an encylopedian fighting skills are not my primary focus....
We need a classement base on base on.....
Based on what they acomplished !
Yhea that's it !

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 06:02 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Every out of norm character doesn't automatically end up in top tier though. Nox has no accolades and feats to suggest he'd be up there nor does he have any other detail in his story to suggest that as well.

You should read TOR Encyclopedia. You, like many others, do not realize how powerful Darth Thanaton is as per official literature.

Here is a hint:

The Sith Inquisitor harnesses the overwhelming power of consumed Force spirits in a confrontation with Darth Thanaton.

Here are some accolades:

"From slavery rises the most powerful Sith in generations. Darth Thanaton is right to fear you." - Darth Decimus

"By order of the Dark Council and in light of your reputation as a master of the dark side, you are now Darth Nox." - Darth Marr

"Behold, the heir of Kallig, slayer of Zash, successor of Tulak Hord, Lord of the Sith. Now, bow!" – Khem Val

"You are the heir of Tulak Hord. Your strength is great. I will guard your legacy forever." – Khem Val

He is still below the likes of Darth Malgus, Jadus let alone the Emperor.

And you know this how?

I've played the SI story like 3 times. He is immensely powerful, no doubt. Anything you've counted so far is far from being as impressive as stomping Revan, the Braga strike team and everything else Vitaite has done and he doesn't even come close to Sidious in anyway except maybe in sorcery. [/B]

It doesn't matters how many times you have played the story. SWTOR stories are so long and mechanics are such that characters do not seem very impressive in them. It is the lore that gives us perspective about capabilities of the SWTOR characters.

And Vitiate is not even close to Sidious? Utter nonsense. Vitiate have some showings that even Sidious have not matched.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 06:14 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He meant that Nox doesn't come close to Sidious I think.

Also you messed up and said Thanaton instead of Nox.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 06:25 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

You should read TOR Encyclopedia. You, like many others, do not realize how powerful Darth Thanaton is as per official literature.

Here is a hint:

The Sith Inquisitor harnesses the overwhelming power of consumed Force spirits in a confrontation with Darth Thanaton.

Here are some accolades:

"From slavery rises the most powerful Sith in generations. Darth Thanaton is right to fear you." - Darth Decimus

"By order of the Dark Council and in light of your reputation as a master of the dark side, you are now Darth Nox." - Darth Marr

"Behold, the heir of Kallig, slayer of Zash, successor of Tulak Hord, Lord of the Sith. Now, bow!" – Khem Val

"You are the heir of Tulak Hord. Your strength is great. I will guard your legacy forever." – Khem Val

Thanaton or Nox? Anyway, again, the greatest achievement of Nox is to stomp a dark councilor where Vitiate one-shots entire dark councils and in SOR it is said that the Dread Masters' combined power is irrelevant compared to the Emperor. I don't think I need to talk about Emperor Vitiate to you. You know very well that nothing you presented so far puts Nox in the same tier with neither Vitiate nor Sidious.

quote:
And you know this how?

Jadus has shown a unique level of mastery in the force and has an accolade that puts him above the likes of Nox and perhaps even Malgus. He's an unknown so I won't argue about him though. Malgus however, has TK pwned the sith protags did he not? Some claim that only Wrath faced him but unless there's a direct quote for it, I'm inclined to believe that all 4 protags faced him. He gave them a good fight just by himself which indicates his superiority to them individually.

quote:
It doesn't matters how many times you have played the story. SWTOR stories are so long and mechanics are such that characters do not seem very impressive in them. It is the lore that gives us perspective about capabilities of the SWTOR characters.

And Vitiate is not even close to Sidious? Utter nonsense. Vitiate have some showings that even Sidious have not matched.

Yeah, I meant Nox doesn't come close to Sidious.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 01:48 AM
S_W_LeGenD

Thanaton or Nox? Anyway, again, the greatest achievement of Nox is to stomp a dark councilor where Vitiate one-shots entire dark councils and in SOR it is said that the Dread Masters' combined power is irrelevant compared to the Emperor. I don't think I need to talk about Emperor Vitiate to you. You know very well that nothing you presented so far puts Nox in the same tier with neither Vitiate nor Sidious.

I meant Thanaton.

Undoubtedly, each Dark Council member is among the most powerful Sith Lords in the galaxy in any era but they significantly vary in strength even among themselves. Some had the potential to become Emperor if they had not co-existed with Emperor Vitiate.

The power that Emperor unleashed on the entire Dark Council is a mysterious one, and apparently among the most deadly combat-focused techniques that have no counter.

"There are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense." (Darth Traya)

Traya's statement have substance, their are techniques which a target can only hope to endure and survive, if subjected to, with raw power or with a special condition or with a special defense.

Among the Dark Council members, Darth Lokess survived Emperor's mysterious power but became unconscious from exposure to it, only to end up getting tortured to death afterwards.

---

Anyways, Thanaton is officially recognized as among the most powerful Sith in galactic history (supremely powerful), with decades invested in acquiring knowledge of ancient techniques and great command of sorcery as a consequence.

Here is a footage that people do not usually discuss:

When Thanaton unleashed his first sorcery-oriented attack, Nox successfully countered it by drawing on the power of a ghost (sorcery-oriented defense), surprising Thanaton with such command of the Force. However, Thanaton unleashed another more powerful sorcery-oriented attack, one-shotting Nox with it.

--

Sith Inquisitor story is about rivalry between two champions of the dark side.

Jadus has shown a unique level of mastery in the force and has an accolade that puts him above the likes of Nox and perhaps even Malgus. He's an unknown so I won't argue about him though. Malgus however, has TK pwned the sith protags did he not? Some claim that only Wrath faced him but unless there's a direct quote for it, I'm inclined to believe that all 4 protags faced him. He gave them a good fight just by himself which indicates his superiority to them individually.

Jadus is second only to Emperor per estimation of Imperial Intelligence, which is very impressive standing for a Sith Lord. However, it would be a stretch to assume that Imperial Intelligence fully understands the mechanics of the Force. But I give credit where due, I take this as a basis to promote Jadus as being among the Sith finest.

Malgus actually demonstrated the potential to become an Emperor, an accomplishment few Sith can hope to achieve in galactic history in an era when Sith existed in large numbers. He is absolutely legit.

Still assuming that Malgus could not be challenged or outgunned by some of his peers is also a stretch.

A single ghost is a powerful entity in its own right. Drawing on the power of several and channeling such power into offense, is a punch that I don't think any mortal can cope with for long. I am not surprised that Thanaton fell to such a foe.

You recall how Kyp augmented by power of ghost of Exar Kun, successfully defeated Luke (freaking) Skywalker?

Also, some ghosts (almost) killed Sidious in rage. Sidious was lucky to survive in this confrontation.

Yeah, I meant Nox doesn't come close to Sidious.

An augmented Nox have the raw power to challenge virtually anybody and destroy majority in a confrontation.

Watch Nox pwning a Jedi Strike Team: http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-4338385

In-fact, Nox grew in power to such an extent that Khem eventually recognized him as a worthy successor to Tulak Hord.

Now read about Tulak Hord:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t595436.html

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Feb 14th, 2015 at 06:27 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 06:12 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

I meant Thanaton.

Undoubtedly, each Dark Council member is among the most powerful Sith Lords in the galaxy in any era but they significantly vary in strength even among themselves. Some had the potential to become Emperor if they had not co-existed with Emperor Vitiate.

The power that Emperor unleashed on the entire Dark Council is a mysterious one, and apparently among the most deadly combat-focused techniques that have no counter.

"There are techniques within the Force against which there is no defense." (Darth Traya)

Traya's statement have substance, their are techniques which a target can only hope to endure and survive, if subjected to, with raw power or with a special condition or with a special defense.

Among the Dark Council members, Darth Lokess survived Emperor's mysterious power but became unconscious from exposure to it, only to end up getting tortured to death afterwards.

There are eras where the likes of Darth Malak can become a dark lord of the sith. That doesn't make them superior in power or skill though.

Vitiate's DC purge feat is a vague one true, but there are so many other examples to his superiority. Both Nox and Vitiate have faced Revan. Vitiate literally stomped Revan with his FLS where Nox got stomped by Revan via TK. Do you think a Vitiate level force user would be sent flying like that by Revan? Now, I know that Revan had grown in power after the novel but I also know that there isnt a huge difference in power like between ROTJ Luke and DE Luke. Revan just got a bit more powerful overall and so it doesn't justify the huge performance difference between Nox and Vitiate against Revan.

Also, in SOR Vitiate is stated to be above any other force user by a margin. Revan is definitely superior to Nox yet he doesn't even come close to Vitiate.

quote:
Anyways, Thanaton is officially recognized as among the most powerful Sith in galactic history (supremely powerful), with decades invested in acquiring knowledge of ancient techniques and great command of sorcery as a consequence.

Vitiate spent more than a millennium doing exactly that. Nox would be a fool to think he could challenge the Emperor.

quote:
Here is a footage that people do not usually discuss:

When Thanaton unleashed his first sorcery-oriented attack, Nox successfully countered it by drawing on the power of a ghost (sorcery-oriented defense), surprising Thanaton with such command of the Force. However, Thanaton unleashed another more powerful sorcery-oriented attack, one-shotting Nox with it.

That was far from Nox' prime so I don't see how it matters here.

quote:
Jadus is second only to Emperor per estimation of Imperial Intelligence, which is very impressive standing for a Sith Lord. However, it would be a stretch to assume that Imperial Intelligence fully understands the mechanics of the Force. But I give credit where due, I take this as a basis to promote Jadus as being among the Sith finest.

Malgus actually demonstrated the potential to become an Emperor, an accomplishment few Sith can hope to achieve in galactic history in an era when Sith existed in large numbers. He is absolutely legit.

Still assuming that Malgus could not be challenged or outgunned by some of his peers is also a stretch.

Yeah, an accolade from the S. Intelligence by itself isn't enough but Jadus has ale shown what he is capable of in several occasions. The only thing he is missing is a victory against another powerful force user.

Then why do you think the protag strike team failed to just stomp Malgus right away? Malgus was able to force choke 3 of them simultaneously and send them all back flying in the beginning of the fight. Nox clearly lacks the skill and experience to defeat beings like Malgus on his own let alone beings like Vitiate and Sidious.

quote:

A single ghost is a powerful entity in its own right. Drawing on the power of several and channeling such power into offense, is a punch that I don't think any mortal can cope with for long. I am not surprised that Thanaton fell to such a foe.

You recall how Kyp augmented by power of ghost of Exar Kun, successfully defeated Luke (freaking) Skywalker?

We don't know how powerful a single ghost is though. Nothing suggests that the ghosts boosted Nox' power enough to be a challenge to top tier sith.

Exar Kun is a top 10 sith material and far more powerful than any of the ghosts that Nox enslaved. It's not a good example to support your case.

quote:
Also, some ghosts (almost) killed Sidious in rage. Sidious was lucky to survive in this confrontation.

What ghosts are you referring to exactly? confused

quote:
An augmented Nox have the raw power to challenge virtually anybody and destroy majority in a confrontation.

This could be said for a lot of characters in the mythos. It doesn't automatically make them a tier above Plagueis, Caedus etc.

quote:
Watch Nox pwning a Jedi Strike Team: http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-4338385

In-fact, Nox grew in power to such an extent that Khem eventually recognized him as a worthy successor to Tulak Hord.

Now read about Tulak Hord:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t595436.html

These are all great thumb up

Except they don't compare to what Sidious and Vitiate have achieved as combatants.

Sidious could overwhelm Nox in a force fight in time or just defend against anything Nox throws at him and then kill him in a short duel.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 08:39 AM
The_Tempest

I would say the SWTOR faction hemmhorages credibility with each post given the outrageous claims and lack of consensus, but it's been exsanguinated for some time. 👍

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:40 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

There's not really a faction. I can see why you're still stuck in a us vs them mindset though, given your history.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:44 PM
The_Tempest

A small group with a fairly shared agenda, usually dissenting the status quo? Looks like a faction to me. Just not a particularly persuasive or effective one.

Aren't they the underdogs on their own forums? erm

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:50 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote