KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 10 strongest Sith

Top 10 strongest Sith
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Merchant

I get that, but how am I doing that according to you? And Drew Karpyshyn already cleared it up how combining their energies leads to an exponential increase.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:44 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Before?

You had no support regarding whether the ritual multiplied power or not (I've certainly seen no secondary canon suggesting the ritual magnified their powers. His narration hardly implied it either)

Hence the inference that you were appealing to CoE given his later displays never matched the Force Storm energy again

Yet?

You're more than happy to work off the Rakata Temple not being slagged from Turbolaser bolts despite the fact the omnidirectional release of energy from a full powered bolt on impact (as seen on Taris from earlier tech) should have covered hundreds of kilometers.

I'm fine with disregarding the principle, given it's bunk in fiction, but selectively doing it is just as bad

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:48 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

But I assumed that the Rakata Temple on Lehon was just durable enough to absorb the majority of the Turbolasers bolts. Sort of like how in DBZ we assume that every blast can bust a planet but the character's durability absorbs most of it reducing the blast by many order of magnitudes.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:59 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Merchant
But I assumed that the Rakata Temple on Lehon was just durable enough to absorb the majority of the Turbolasers bolts. Sort of like how in DBZ we assume that every blast can bust a planet but the character's durability absorbs most of it reducing the blast by many order of magnitudes.

That's what you're assuming

And given where it hit, it would absorb a good chunk of it upon initial expansion

Still, at least 50% of the energy will always expand away from the temple, given its omnidirectional

The Dragon Ball example only serves to illustrate my point

We already ignore CoE

If you're going to do so, you can't selectively do it

There is no justification, selectively doing it will not paint a consistent picture.

Let me restate, I have no issues using the Turbolaser example. I've said **** it to CoE for a while now. I just do it across the board to be consistent.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 07:04 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmos Supreme

1. Darth Sidious
2. Emperor Vitiate
3. Darth Caedus
4. Darth Plaeugis
5. Exar Kun
6. Dark Side Revan (Shadow of Revan)
7. Darth Nihilus
8. Darth Tenebrous
9. Tulak Hord
10. Marka Ragnos?

Other Number 10 Canidates: Darth Vader, Darth Bane, Darth Zannah, Darth Krayt, Emperor's Wrath, Darth Nox, Darth Malgus, Darth Jadus and Freedon Nadd

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:02 PM
Click here to Send Kosmos Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmos Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Is Tulak getting any new content?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:22 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He once beat up the World Razer with his bare hands. With both hands tied behind his back. cool

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2015 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmos Supreme

Originally posted by Nephthys
He once beat up the World Razer with his bare hands. With both hands tied behind his back. cool

This need to be in the next expansion.
SWTOR: Revenge of Tulak Hord smokin'

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Kosmos Supreme a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmos Supreme Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:

1. Darth Sidious
2. Emperor Vitiate
3. Darth Caedus
4. Darth Plaeugis

thumb up

quote:
5. Exar Kun

Fair.

quote:
6. Dark Side Revan (Shadow of Revan)

Not sure I would consider Revan a Sith at this point, but O.K.

quote:
8. Darth Tenebrous

thumb up I approve of his mention, if not his placement.

quote:
Other Number 10 Canidates: Darth Vader, Krayt, Darth Malgus, and Freedon Nadd

Yeah, I was also wondering where these guys were.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 06:06 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Sinious
Like I said above, Nox' and Kyp Durron's possessed showings prove that random sith won't give you the same amount of power a great sith spirit like Kun will. Those spirits may have some impressive backstories but they're nowhere near Exar Kun.

Exar Kun's spirit have special properties?

Random Sith? Nox didn't possess random Sith; random Sith do not transform into ghosts after death.

Those spirits "may have" some impressive backstories? They "actually have." The individuals are not as strong as Exar Kun but they are quality individuals nonetheless, and a force to be reckoned with in the form of a Strike Team.

I told you before that a single Force ghost is a powerful manifestation of the Force. A group of them mortally wounded Darth Sidious in a confrontation. Try to comprehend.

Also, an unwilling ghost proves to be the source of greater power then a willing one. You have played SI story 3 times, right?

I'll take a look, thanks.

Welcome.

What I meant is, you don't have to be a tier above Darth Plagueis to give Darth Sidious a decent fight.

Fair enough.

You're referring to the SI progression video right? I'm not even sure if that's canon but even if it is, 3 random jedi from a gameplay trailer video can't be compared to the Windu's B-team and Tol Braga's strike team.

I haven't played the Sith Inquisitor story yet so I cannot comment on the quality of the Jedi involved, but single-handedly stomping a Jedi Strike Team is a grand showing of power in Star Wars by character's standards.

And Windu's B-Team is noted for its martial competence, not power. Darth Nox stomped a Jedi Strike Team with his sheer Force abilities.

Nox isn't "immortal" lmao. Sidious has essence transfer in his pocket. His lightning is superior to him and he is faster than him. Sidious has the upper hand in every category of the force and he outclasses Nox in dueling.

Darth Nox is virtually immortal; he apparently cannot be killed while he draws on the power of multiple ghosts to fuel his own. Darth Thanaton unleashed a sorcery-oriented vortex of destruction on him and Darth Nox tanked it all.

You can keep making assumptions and talk about how you view the character but Nox needed help to defeat Revan where Sidious' ROTS incarnation stalemated Yoda. thumb up

Can you prove that it was Darth Nox who confronted Revan?

We don't know exactly who confronted Revan on Yavin IV from among the PC.

No offense but that should tell you something since you haven't played it at all. smile

I will be in a better position to debate in favor of Darth Nox, if I play his story. And I will one day.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Mar 3rd, 2015 at 01:02 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2015 12:58 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Exar Kun's spirit have special properties?

Random Sith? Nox didn't possess random Sith; random Sith do not transform into ghosts after death.

Those spirits "may have" some impressive backstories? They "actually have." The individuals are not as strong as Exar Kun but they are quality individuals nonetheless, and a force to be reckoned with in the form of a Strike Team.

I told you before that a single Force ghost is a powerful manifestation of the Force. A group of them mortally wounded Darth Sidious in a confrontation. Try to comprehend.

Also, an unwilling ghost proves to be the source of greater power then a willing one. You have played SI story 3 times, right?

But again, we don't know how powerful the ghosts are exactly and the best clue we'll get is from Nox' usage of the force. From what I see, Nox is a top tier Dark Council member. Nothing more, nothing less. I still think Wrath is his equal or perhaps even superior and HoT is definitely Nox' superior.

quote:
I haven't played the Sith Inquisitor story yet so I cannot comment on the quality of the Jedi involved, but single-handedly stomping a Jedi Strike Team is a grand showing of power in Star Wars by character's standards.

There is literally no info on the jedi in the video but like you said, its still impressive.

quote:
And Windu's B-Team is noted for its martial competence, not power. Darth Nox stomped a Jedi Strike Team with his sheer Force abilities.

And Sidious didn't overwhelm them with his power. He approached them in melee combat so its still more impressive than Nox' feat.

quote:
Darth Nox is virtually immortal; he apparently cannot be killed while he draws on the power of multiple ghosts to fuel his own. Darth Thanaton unleashed a sorcery-oriented vortex of destruction on him and Darth Nox tanked it all.

Sidious can slowly overwhelm him in the force or simply engage him in close combat and chop his head off. Nox won't be coming back after he gets decapitated.

quote:
Can you prove that it was Darth Nox who confronted Revan?

We don't know exactly who confronted Revan on Yavin IV from among the PC.

Hmm this isn't a clear one for me as well. I'm trying to figure out the best way to understand who faced Malgus and Revan these days so I won't make more arguments about this for now.

quote:

I will be in a better position to debate in favor of Darth Nox, if I play his story. And I will one day.

Or perhaps when you play the game, you'll have a different opinion. smile

Old Post Mar 12th, 2015 03:05 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Alright:

Tier 1
Sidious
Vitiate
Nihilus (mostly due to his drain)
Plagueis (possibly)

Tier 2
Caedus
Bane
Vader
Exar Kun
Nox
Malgus
Dooku
Revan (If we count his latest version as Sith)

Tier 3
Krayt
Wrath
Possibly a couple of Dark Council members

Tier 4
Traya

Other than Tier 1, they're in no particular order.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 06:35 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Caedus should be tier 1, Krayt should be bumped up to tier 2 imo.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 10:59 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

I just don't see neither Caedus beating the guys on Tier 1, nor Krayt beating those in Tier 2.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 02:03 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Krayt > Dooku.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 02:33 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

And I'd say Krayt edges Bane too.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 02:54 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Col. Valerian
I just don't see neither Caedus beating the guys on Tier 1, nor Krayt beating those in Tier 2.

I would remove Plagueis from tier 1 then. I know you have possibly in parenthesis, but Caedus could and would beat Plagueis for a majority.

Apocalypse Krayt was compared to Luke, Reborn Krayt trashed Cade effortlessly. I understand some wouldn't have him as high as I do, but he is at least Dooku/Vader level.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Yeah, I was actually going to add 'with the exception of Dooku' at the end of my last post. Maybe Krayt should be Tier 2.

And yes, I'm not entirely sure where to place Plagueis, but I don't think Caedus stands a chance against Vitiate, Sidious and Nihilus, who are all Tier 1.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 03:53 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Bane isn't more powerful than Wrath or Malak, most of the people on team 2 are more powerful and skilled than he is. Caedus should also be in the same tier as Sidious and Plagueis

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 03:27 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

I just don't see Caedus beating any one the guys in Tier 1, with the possible exception of Plagueis. But yeah, I think I'd rank him somewhere between Tier 1 and Tier 2; a middle ground.
I'll add Malak to Tier 4, as well.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 04:27 PM