KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Freedon Nadd and Thon can apparently create Force Storms

Freedon Nadd and Thon can apparently create Force Storms
Started by: ChaosTheory123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Freedon Nadd and Thon can apparently create Force Storms

As the Tales of the Jedi Companion espouses?

Both Thon and Freedon Nadd know all the Jedi powers (and in Nadd's case, all Sith powers too) listed in the book.

That includes Force Storms. It's apparently listed as a Jedi Power. Makes sense given the Jedi Path did the same, they also just happened to ban usage of it in the same book.

Without having read the power's description, I had sort of assumed the "create force storm" was more the natural weather phenomena.

Go figure I guess?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 07:12 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Its a crime we never got any more content with him. He's one of the most enigmatic Sith of all time, yet like Darth Tenebrous we only get glimpses of his power-and it shows a guy who should sit among the truly best.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 07:53 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Yeah, Nadd was a pretty cool Sith. Most of the TotJ characters seem to have been sidelined though after the comic's completion

Damn shame too, Nadd as a character was pretty interesting.

Would have been nice to see what he did while he was actually alive

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 08:30 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Lol. More unintentional stuff making it look like Sidious copied everything from Ancient Sith. What a boob.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 08:44 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Agreed on the Nadd wank to be honest, we might have had more information on him once, but I feel Disney will steer away from the old republic for a while.

However I don't think the force storm thing means anything, TPM Sidious could summon them with merely a thought, it's actually controlling and excelling with the power that required immense strength.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 08:47 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lol. More unintentional stuff making it look like Sidious copied everything from Ancient Sith. What a boob.

Please stop insulting Sidious.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 08:53 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Originally posted by Selenial
Agreed on the Nadd wank to be honest, we might have had more information on him once, but I feel Disney will steer away from the old republic for a while.

Yeah, I thought as much.

Kind of a given when they flat out axed the Nomi Sunrider novel as opposed to reworking the thing to fit into their new story.

Sure, I like the modern era and all, but it's the historical shit I tend to find the most interesting.

quote:
However I don't think the force storm thing means anything, TPM Sidious could summon them with merely a thought, it's actually controlling and excelling with the power that required immense strength.

I know he mastered Maelstrom, I don't remember him mentioning he could effectively summon Force Storms in the Book of Anger by then though :hmm

IIRC, he even mentioned how he was decades away from mastery, with no mention of summoning with a "thought"

Originally posted by Nephthys

Ancient Jedi actually

Like The Jedi Path and this says?

It was originally an overly aggressive Jedi Power

Old Post Feb 17th, 2015 08:54 PM
The Merchant

I thought Palpatine was the first user of the technique.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 03:31 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

It's a recorded technique in the Jedi Path, which was written a decade or two after the seventh Battle of Ruusan, so...

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 03:36 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Don't ever imply that ever again.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 04:23 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Imply what?

Edit: Oh! No, I wasn't. I get that it's the prevalent opinion that anything that comes out of my mouth must be Bane wank, but I recognize that the ritual Bane and the other Sith use on Ruusan is decidedly different. I was merely pointing out that the technique has a precedent recorded in a source that existed well before Sidious's birth.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Last edited by Emperordmb on Feb 18th, 2015 at 04:28 AM

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 04:25 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Smh.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 04:28 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Read my edit. I actually wasn't even thinking of that when I made that post.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 04:29 AM
The Merchant

I wasn't implying the implication of Bane wank dear.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 04:38 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Then what was being implied that I was implying?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 04:39 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Merchant is obviously high on Pedro's meth. That shit's good stuff, though.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 04:44 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

A certain implication.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 04:45 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Pedro's meth also causes brain damage, apparently.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 04:48 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by The Merchant
A certain implication.

Care to specify?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 04:49 AM
The Merchant

I think it's best to just end it there.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2015 04:55 AM