KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Jaina Solo vs Darth Maul

Jaina Solo vs Darth Maul
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
I think it's too late to cure the Jaina-wank plague that has engulfed versus boards across the internet. I guess I'll just need to let it infect everyone.

It's ok, ILS. I don't think she's that great. So you've still got someone with sense in your corner. thumb up

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 09:47 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
It's ok, ILS. I don't think she's that great. So you've still got someone with sense in your corner. thumb up
Of all the things we could agree on, this is one of the best.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 09:53 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Maul takes this with probably mid difficulty at best

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 04:20 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Jaina has far more combat experience than Maul. Even if we ignore her superior potential, she went through countless fights against Yuuzhan Vong, based on that alone she should be more skilled than him. Maul would have a style edge only against New Order Jaina and still she probably would win cos of superior natural talent.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 09:29 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

So.. experience which isn't quantifiable or useful in any meaningful way, and unrealized potential.

Yeah, Maul's definitely screwed.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 09:42 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Maul also killed a Vong and its amphistaff with his bare hands in Lockdown and zero force augmentation, so yeah.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 09:45 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by carthage
Maul also killed a Vong and its amphistaff with his bare hands in Lockdown and zero force augmentation, so yeah.

Had to google it. Never knew.

Last edited by Arhael on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 10:03 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 10:01 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Maul wins imo

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 10:01 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Arhael
Had to google it. Never knew.

Yeah he remarks about how he couldnt detect it in the force, the thing gets a few good hits on him and the staff nearly strangles him but Maul overpowers him and forces the staff down the things throat or something like that.

ILS can give you the exact quotes/scans

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 10:09 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 10:28 AM
Angelalex242

Showings against Vong really aren't the best deciders of power against another Force User, anyway. Most indicative are showings of Jedi vs. Sith...but sadly, the Lost Tribe are all scrubs, and Maul would slaughter the bunch of them as quick as Jaina did.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 10:56 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, they are until non-Vong era characters have said showings cool

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 10:57 AM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by ILS
The fight:
http://imgur.com/a/7mFq5

Nice. But Mara Jade did way better against her first Vong. wink

quote:
Showings against Vong really aren't the best deciders of power against another Force User, anyway. Most indicative are showings of Jedi vs. Sith...but sadly, the Lost Tribe are all scrubs, and Maul would slaughter the bunch of them as quick as Jaina did.

Tribe Sith are scrubs but you cannot know how quickly Maul would slaughter a bunch of them.

About Vong, mostly yes. All NJO Jedi learned how to fight Vong through out war and improved dramatically comparing to their first encounter. But we can still estimate Jaina's combat level by comparing her performance against Vong to Luke's.

Last edited by Arhael on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 11:45 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul wasn't using Force Augmentation, or a lightsaber, so... He also became stronger after that fight, to boot.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 11:48 AM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by ILS
Maul wasn't using Force Augmentation, or a lightsaber, so... He also became stronger after that fight, to boot.

Yeah, that wasn't a fair assessment. Maul was unarmed and Vong pretty much had Maul at his mercy but played with his prey for too long. Circumstances are very different, can't really compare. What you mean wasn't using Force augmentation? Vongs don't prevent Force users from using Force from enchancing physical abilities.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 11:52 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Vong clearly didn't have Maul at it's mercy when Maul was the one squeezing blood out of it's eyes. Not to say it wasn't a hard fight.

I mean he wasn't allowed to draw on the dark side actively to enhance his physicals, as per Sidious's instructions, because nobody could know he was a Sith. If he demonstrated Force User-esque physical properties people would suss him out. Which means he only had his passive senses and foresight, which are useless against Vong, his passive physical amps from the Force all Force Users have, and then his own physical abilities.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 11:58 AM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by ILS
The Vong clearly didn't have Maul at it's mercy when Maul was the one squeezing blood out of it's eyes. Not to say it wasn't a hard fight.

I mean he wasn't allowed to draw on the dark side actively to enhance his physicals, as per Sidious's instructions, because nobody could know he was a Sith. If he demonstrated Force User-esque physical properties people would suss him out. Which means he only had his passive senses and foresight, which are useless against Vong, his passive physical amps from the Force all Force Users have, and then his own physical abilities.

Ok, I started reading from amfistaff part, didn't know there was unarmed battle before that. Damn, so much gore in this book. Maul is surprisingly resistant to poisons, I would expect him to be blinded permanently.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:54 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Coming back to this match, she has some pretty incredible force feats in the Swar War. Toppling 50 meter trees with a single force push, dodging cannon fire bolts which can shoot 22 bolts per meter while simultaneously deflecting turbolaser fire and dodging explosions, and telekinetically grasping 3 Chiss Airstraekers/destroying 1 Airstraeker by smashing it into another put her somewhat above Maul in power

Skill wise she's in Maul's tier of skill, but Maul has better feats. Still going with Maul like 6/10 but its a good fight.

Last edited by carthage on Apr 7th, 2015 at 08:09 AM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 08:01 AM
Q99

I go for Jaina. On the Vong thing... I don't think there's much doubt that Jaina could do the same thing anyway.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 04:44 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Vong thing is pretty circumstantial. And Vong was rather stupid not to use amfistaff from the beginning.
Regardless, Jaina would take Maul apart.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2015 04:49 PM