KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Boba Fett vs Ulic Qel-Droma

Boba Fett vs Ulic Qel-Droma
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
*shrugs* Make whatever excuse suits you. Here it is:
And yeah, this was 13 year old Boba without Beskar. Not seeing how he's so outclassed personally.

LMAO. How was that CQC? Obi-Wan was an idiot who jump-kicked him and Boba elbowed him back in retaliation while he's open. That proves nothing. Afterwards Obi-Wan had been hit by a concussion missile and injured his shoulder and the full extent of the rest of the fight was Boba slamming into him and pushing them off a roof, at which point he smashed Obi-Wan against the wall. How does that prove he can hang with Ulic in a swordfight? Getting one hit on a post-RotS Obi-Wan doesn't mean anything.

Originally posted by ILS
As for the rest, from what I could tell there's a difference between resisting Force attacks such as the Sorcery Ommin used, and actually erecting a barrier that projectiles bounce off of. When Ulic's Force resistance kept Ommin's sorcery at bay, no barrier was visibly erected and Ulic was able to continue moving. When he erected his barrier, he had to gesture and visibly concentrate, and then when he advanced towards Mandalore he dropped the Barrier.

Not really. I didn't see a gesture or any overt concentration. Regardless, if there is a difference between those then if just means that Ulic's full concentration barrier would be greater than his standard resistance. In which case yeah Boba really has no chance of getting through.

Originally posted by ILS
You seem to think Boba's only mode of attack is "shoot shit!". He usually makes use of the environment and makes an effort to catch opponent's off-guard, which are two things if implemented in this fight that would bear much fruit in terms of winning. Of course Ulic can barrier a lot of Boba's weapons but, what happens when Boba drops the chain Ulic is standing on, forces Ulic to leap to another one, and then attempts to blow him away in mid-air? Just one example I can think of.

Ulic blocks it in mid-air. Easy. That tactic failed for Mandalore, it'll fail for Boba.

Originally posted by ILS
Yeah, he held Sylvar off, which is a great feat. Let's not pretend he did any more than that.

While you get to pretend that Boba was pressing Kenobi in H2H? Naw, single standards please. Ulic held her off for a shitton of time, vastly out of practice and past his prime. Prime Ulic was a beast.

Originally posted by ILS
Ulic doesn't actually have any feats with Force augmentation to back up your claims that he would fodderize Boba; there's evidence to oppose this on Boba's side. And I doubt Ulic could tear Boba's head off, if not because Ulic isn't even that strong to begin with, because Boba's Beskar armor would prevent that. Anyway, Boba's strengths in CQC don't solely lie in physical combat, either. He has voice/twitch activated weapons systems from his shin to his wrists which include various poisonous darts, two flamethrowers, explosives, a sonic emitter that incapped Rahm Kota/Proxy, a wrist laser, fiber cord whip, etc. Wouldn't be impossible for him to catch Ulic off-guard. Hell, one of Ulic's main areas for improvement was being aware of his surroundings and not underestimating opponents through arrogance, which is exactly what will get you killed against Boba.

I think it's an even fight, personally, as someone who knows both characters pretty well. Maybe I'm alone in that....

Ulic matching Kun, who cut through a thick wall of Mandalorian Iron proves his strength. I'm pretty sure that if you're strong enough to cut through a sheet of Mando Iron you can tear heads off, although admitted I've not run the numbers yet. His speed can be established in his feats against fullmetal alchemist dude.

None of those gadgets are a serious threat to a Jedi of Ulic's abilities. And he won't get the opportunity to use many of them before Ulic closes the distance and engages him in a duel. Also as others have pointed out Ulic has Force Powers. If Boba tries to fly away he can TK him. Or maybe even **** up his equipment with Destroy Droid. It should work on other electronics/whatever.

Last edited by Nephthys on Feb 20th, 2015 at 06:39 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:36 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Isn't it just more fun contemplating a fight between these two that doesn't end in seconds via windpipe crush, anyway?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:39 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

No, because it involves bad writing to actually work out statistically

Its why Batman vs Superman doesn't work without giving Batman insane prep and the stipulation he gets to let it work before Superman starts to think

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:40 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Not to say YOU can't enjoy the premise

I just find my suspension of disbelief crippled by matches like these

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:50 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Neph-
quote:
LMAO. How was that CQC? Obi-Wan was an idiot who jump-kicked him and Boba elbowed him back in retaliation while he's open. That proves nothing. Afterwards Obi-Wan had been hit by a concussion missile and injured his shoulder and the full extent of the rest of the fight was Boba slamming into him and pushing them off a roof, at which point he smashed Obi-Wan against the wall. How does that prove he can hang with Ulic in a swordfight? Getting one hit on a post-RotS Obi-Wan doesn't mean anything.
Ah, good, now the laughing begins.

It was CQC because it involved combat in close quarters. That's kind of what it stands for.

Obi-Wan isn't really an idiot. Jump-kicks as Kung Fu-ish as they may be consistently find success in Star Wars. And it's fiction. I don't think Obi-Wan's choice of technique matters that much.

You're missing the part where Obi-Wan came at Boba with his lightsaber, which ended with Boba tackling him and taking him away on his jetpack. But I suppose we'll ignore small details like that in order to try and ridicule the opposing argument.
quote:
Not really. I didn't see a gesture or any overt concentration.
You must be blind, then. Look at his hands, and then his face.
quote:
Regardless, if there is a difference between those then if just means that Ulic's full concentration barrier would be greater than his standard resistance. In which case yeah Boba really has no chance of getting through.
And that right there is the beauty of the situation. Ulic has a means of repelling Boba's attacks, but has to remain still in order to do so. I was hoping we'd be at this point before page 2 but hey, better late than never.
quote:
Ulic blocks it in mid-air. Easy. That tactic failed for Mandalore, it'll fail for Boba.
Maybe, maybe not. Like I said, it's one example.

And that wasn't even a tactic Mandalore implemented. I'm curious if you actually read the comic at this point, Neph.
quote:
While you get to pretend that Boba was pressing Kenobi in H2H? Naw, single standards please. Ulic held her off for a shitton of time, vastly out of practice and past his prime. Prime Ulic was a beast.
What, lol? Ulic being able to defeat Sylvar in sabers as of his prime isn't enough to suggest he would roflstomp Boba like you're suggesting. That was the point of what I said.

The difference is Sylvar has no particularly overwhelming feats of skill as a combatant, while Kenobi does.
quote:
Ulic matching Kun, who cut through a thick wall of Mandalorian Iron proves his strength. I'm pretty sure that if you're strong enough to cut through a sheet of Mando Iron you can tear heads off, although admitted I've not run the numbers yet. His speed can be established in his feats against fullmetal alchemist dude.
The difference is Exar had time to kill and smash the wall as hard as he could repeatedly. Not the same type of force one can replicate in a duel. Likewise I haven't run the numbers, nor do I intend to.

..you think creating afterimages while killing a laughable combatant like Warb Null is enough to overwhelm Boba? Boba clearly has no issue with Force User speed ala his fight with Kenobi, him destroying Rahm Kota, reacting to ANH Vader etc. He's also inherited Jango Fett's reflexes due to being his genetic equal. You know, the guy who fodderized eight Jedi with his bare hands, kept up with AotC Kenobi, and killed Komari Vosa?
quote:
None of those gadgets are a serious threat to a Jedi of Ulic's abilities. And he won't get the opportunity to use many of them before Ulic closes the distance and engages him in a duel. Also as others have pointed out Ulic has Force Powers. If Boba tries to fly away he can TK him. Or maybe even **** up his equipment with Destroy Droid. It should work on other electronics/whatever.
What is any of what you're saying even based on at this point?

Ulic doesn't typically use those kinds of powers in situations like this, so that's a pretty large assumption on your part that he'll just decide to here for your benefit.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 06:54 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I think the Mandalore Ulic did beat was likely superior to Boba, so....

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q99
I think the Mandalore Ulic did beat was likely superior to Boba, so....
..based on?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 07:01 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well Mandalore did have a Basilisk War Droid.....

Also Ulic one-shot him as soon as he came into melee. Hmmmmm!

Originally posted by ILS
It was CQC because it involved combat in close quarters. That's kind of what it stands for.

I'd assumed you'd meant something actually relevant to this like that Boba had taken him on in hand to hand or something.

Originally posted by ILS
Obi-Wan isn't really an idiot. Jump-kicks as Kung Fu-ish as they may be consistently find success in Star Wars. And it's fiction. I don't think Obi-Wan's choice of technique matters that much.

It's also an aggressive move that leaves you open and he'd done it to a guy in armor. Hence why Boba managed to get that single hit in. Also Boba won't be able to just roll with it when its a lightsaber.

Originally posted by ILS
You're missing the part where Obi-Wan came at Boba with his lightsaber, which ended with Boba tackling him and taking him away on his jetpack. But I suppose we'll ignore small details like that in order to try and ridicule the opposing argument.

I didn't ignore it, I specifically called attention to it. It doesn't prove anything. Boba was disarmed by an injured, concussed Ben Kenobi and desperately shoved him off a ledge. Wow, you are totally right he'll kick Ulic's ass with those kinds of leet skills.

Originally posted by ILS
You must be blind, then. Look at his hands, and then his face.

That's not concentration, that's "I'm in a fight so I'm scowling". And his hands look fine. He's not pointing at the shield or doing anything indicating real effort on his part.

Originally posted by ILS
And that right there is the beauty of the situation. Ulic has a means of repelling Boba's attacks, but has to remain still in order to do so. I was hoping we'd be at this point before page 2 but hey, better late than never.

I'm pretty sure he can move. There's also no reason he can't block Boba's attacks and then move. Mandalore was shooting like gatling cannons at him and Ulic was still mobile the whole fight. Boba's not going to be constantly forcing him to turtle with his piddly little blaster that he can block with his lightsaber. Remember that Mandalore doesn't stop firing, Ulic just blocks his attacks, jumps over them then cuts him down. So he was clearly able to drop his shield and evade the attack no problems.

Originally posted by ILS
Maybe, maybe not. Like I said, it's one example.

And that wasn't even a tactic Mandalore implemented. I'm curious if you actually read the comic at this point, Neph.

I meant destroying the chain Ulic was on.

Originally posted by ILS
What, lol? Ulic being able to defeat Sylvar in sabers as of his prime isn't enough to suggest he would roflstomp Boba like you're suggesting. That was the point of what I said.

The difference is Sylvar has no particularly overwhelming feats of skill as a combatant, while Kenobi does.

That completely wasn't the point of what I was saying? erm

If Ulic was good enough to contend with Sylvar well past his prime and without the Force, he'd be vaaaaaastly better with it and at his best.

And Ulic actually fought Sylvar whereas Boba barely did jack shit.

Originally posted by ILS
The difference is Exar had time to kill and smash the wall as hard as he could repeatedly. Not the same type of force one can replicate in a duel. Likewise I haven't run the numbers, nor do I intend to.

I'm pretty sure Kun smashed it in a few strikes if that. And who cares, Boba couldn't smash it with a day of swinging. erm

Originally posted by ILS
..you think creating afterimages while killing a laughable combatant like Warb Null is enough to overwhelm Boba? Boba clearly has no issue with Force User speed ala his fight with Kenobi, him destroying Rahm Kota, reacting to ANH Vader etc. He's also inherited Jango Fett's reflexes due to being his genetic equal. You know, the guy who fodderized eight Jedi with his bare hands, kept up with AotC Kenobi, and killed Komari Vosa?

Not sure how Warb Null is a laughable combatant bro. I thought he was some legendary badass.

What about his fight with Jaden Korr? I mean, obviously a half trained 14 year old >>> Ulic Qel'Droma as per your argument but Boba didn't have no issues with him. Also Kenobi did easily disarm Boba, Kota is a blind cripple so big deal, Vader's speed is inconsistent and being a clone doesn't give you reflexes. Training and your physical and mental aptitude gives you those things. Jango also failed to react to a rhino remember.

Originally posted by ILS
What is any of what you're saying even based on at this point?

Ulic doesn't typically use those kinds of powers in situations like this, so that's a pretty large assumption on your part that he'll just decide to here for your benefit.

What, so Ulic won't use the Force against a flying guy who's hard to get to? Come on, if Boba flies away from him, he'd have to be an utter retard to not make use of his ranged abilities to attack him. Duh.

Last edited by Nephthys on Feb 20th, 2015 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 08:23 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Based
iPinoy

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
No, because it involves bad writing to actually work out statistically

Its why Batman vs Superman doesn't work without giving Batman insane prep and the stipulation he gets to let it work before Superman starts to think

Well said.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with Neph...
quote:
I'd assumed you'd meant something actually relevant to this like that Boba had taken him on in hand to hand or something.
But he did. When he was thirteen.
quote:
It's also an aggressive move that leaves you open and he'd done it to a guy in armor. Hence why Boba managed to get that single hit in.
Nope, Boba got a single hit in because he replicated a counter-maneuver Jango taught him. If he hadn't Kenobi would have successfully downed him with the kick to the leg. I guess I'll need to post the text again for you.

He leaped. In midair, he twisted, coming down with one boot planted squarely on Boba Fett's left knee. But to his surprise, Fett didn't go over. Obi-Wan felt the bounty hunter's body give, but suddenly Fett reversed direction, planting himself more firmly. Obi-Wan was stopped cold and had the unpleasant sensation of feeling an armored elbow smash into the back of his head, sending him to the ground.

He'd seen that move before. The memory of a desperate fight on Kamino came back to him. Jango Fett had taught his son well. If only Obi-Wan had remembered it in time.

quote:
I didn't ignore it, I specifically called attention to it. It doesn't prove anything. Boba was disarmed by an injured, concussed Ben Kenobi and desperately shoved him off a ledge. Wow, you are totally right he'll kick Ulic's ass with those kinds of leet skills.
I'm afraid you didn't, Neph. You acknowledged that Boba tackled him but failed to acknowledge that Obi-Wan was actively resisting that offence, yet Boba succeeded with it. AKA contending with him in CQC.

Obi-Wan wasn't injured or concussed, lmfao. And I didn't even say Boba would "kick Ulic's ass". Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
quote:
That's not concentration, that's "I'm in a fight so I'm scowling". And his hands look fine. He's not pointing at the shield or doing anything indicating real effort on his part.
Anyone with functioning eyes could work out that his hand gesture eludes to him producing the barrier, which is completely different from how he conducted himself against Ommin etc.
quote:
I'm pretty sure he can move. There's also no reason he can't block Boba's attacks and then move. Mandalore was shooting like gatling cannons at him and Ulic was still mobile the whole fight. Boba's not going to be constantly forcing him to turtle with his piddly little blaster that he can block with his lightsaber. Remember that Mandalore doesn't stop firing, Ulic just blocks his attacks, jumps over them then cuts him down. So he was clearly able to drop his shield and evade the attack no problems.
He can't, unfortunately. Well, not according to your currently laughable argument but maybe by page 4 we'll have improved, hm?

Laser cannons*

The only problem you're now facing is that Ulic didn't just easily cut down Mandalore in their fight, despite his ability to evade his projectiles.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...alore+fist7.png
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...alore+fist8.png

I'm pretty sure Boba, with his vibrosword, Beskar, and holdout weapons falling out of every orifice, can have a similar amount of success.
quote:
That completely wasn't the point of what I was saying? erm

If Ulic was good enough to contend with Sylvar well past his prime and without the Force, he'd be vaaaaaastly better with it and at his best.

And Ulic actually fought Sylvar whereas Boba barely did jack shit.
And what I'm saying is, when Ulic was in his prime, where we saw him an ample amount of times to judge him as a combatant, he didn't do anything to suggest he would steamroll Boba. If I was to adopt your debating methods, I could just pull shit out like "Ulic had trouble with Mandalore who is a non-Force sensitive with barely any feats, and he took ages to kill Cay Qel-Droma who's a terrible duelist whose main skill lies in electronics. What's more, Ulic was bloodlusted while Cay was fighting purely defensively, and he still took ages to win!"

Then again, logical fallacies and irrational, aggressive lowballing isn't my thing so I'll leave that you.
quote:
I'm pretty sure Kun smashed it in a few strikes if that. And who cares, Boba couldn't smash it with a day of swinging. erm
Hmm.. perhaps reading the comic or listening to the audiobook would do you some good.

And? It isn't exactly an arm wrestle Boba is in, lol, and his Beskar helps him a great deal in terms of taking strikes from Ulic where he needs to.
quote:
Not sure how Warb Null is a laughable combatant bro. I thought he was some legendary badass.
Source?
quote:
What about his fight with Jaden Korr? I mean, obviously a half trained 14 year old >>> Ulic Qel'Droma but Boba didn't have no issues with him.
Lmfao @ your awful lowballing. Get a grip, Neph.
quote:
Also Kenobi did easily disarm Boba, Kota is a blind cripple so big deal
Oh lookie.. more lowballing. Boba was thirteen when Kenobi disarmed him, lmfao, and Kota doesn't need eyes when he can see through the Force. Also, again, losing my shit over the notion of Kota being physically disabled.
quote:
Vader's speed is inconsistent and being a clone doesn't give you reflexes
Even Vader's lower end speed during ANH isn't enough to suggest there is a massive disparity between him and Ulic, therefore Boba reacting to Vader makes him sufficiently fast to have similar success against Ulic.

Nope, he did inherit his reflexes. Allow me to bestow this knowledge on you, ignorant one:
http://i.imgur.com/vKiZ3NM.png - The New Essential Guide to Characters
quote:
Jango also failed to react to a rhino remember.
I am profiling this.
quote:
What, so Ulic won't use the Force against a flying guy who's hard to get to? Come on, if Boba flies away from him, he'd have to be an utter retard to not make use of his ranged abilities to attack him. Duh.
Ahh, now we're making arguments that make a sliver of sense. Very good Neph, very good. Ulic pulling Boba to him is indeed a sound theory, I just question whether or not he'll be able to keep him there. As I said, Boba has a lot of weapons. He could shout "fire" and hit Ulic with any number of things, or twitch his fingers and send a couple of sleep-darts at him. Even if those projectiles don't land (which they very well could), it'll distract Ulic enough for him to stop TKing Boba.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 08:49 PM