KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » How Skilled or powerful will Kylo Ren be?

How Skilled or powerful will Kylo Ren be?
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

He should be pretty formidable. We shall see.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2015 01:17 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Bumping this.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 05:26 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

He's a bit of a noob.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 06:41 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

He's probably a bit below someone like Ventress, IMO.

Last edited by |King Joker| on Oct 20th, 2015 at 12:01 PM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 11:58 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Looks like he fights the black stormtrooper turned Jedi in the trailer from yesterday, so unless he stomps him, nothing special.

Maybe slightly better than Inquisitor, maybe not.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 12:49 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cin Drallig level

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 12:55 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
Looks like he fights the black stormtrooper turned Jedi in the trailer from yesterday, so unless he stomps him, nothing special.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He does.

According to rumors and what JJ has said, I expect he will grow throughout the films and end up being roughly Vader level.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 01:52 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834

According to rumors and what JJ has said, I expect he will grow throughout the films and end up being roughly Vader level.

So he'll achieve his dream eventually.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 02:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Trocity

Oh dear lord.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 03:46 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by ILS
Cin Drallig level

Srs?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 04:48 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by ares834
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He does.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Are there going to be more lightsaber duels in the movie?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 05:49 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

Power wise, I'm guessing maybe Kyp Durron. There is a rumor circulating that he is the son of Han and Han begs Luke not to kill him. 30 years after RoTJ, Luke is extremely powerful. I'm thinking that these next films are set during the DE series. Unfortunately, there will be Thrawn.

War Doctor

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by |King Joker|
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Are there going to be more lightsaber duels in the movie?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yes. Rey vs Kylo.

Leaked (very early) concept art of said scene.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 06:53 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

That nigga kinda looks like Malgus, LOL.

And who's that guy next to Kylo?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 06:57 PM
ares834

Finn I'd assume.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 07:06 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Power wise, I'm guessing maybe Kyp Durron. There is a rumor circulating that he is the son of Han and Han begs Luke not to kill him. 30 years after RoTJ, Luke is extremely powerful. I'm thinking that these next films are set during the DE series. Unfortunately, there will be Thrawn.

1.) Thrawn happened before DE.
2.) DE was ~5 years after RotJ
3.) Neither of these stories are canon, and neither is NR Luke as we know him.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 07:34 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Something to consider is that Kylo’s lightsaber is unstable. He is incapable of constructing a proper lightsaber. This seems to be a clear reference to Vader claiming that Luke’s “skills are complete” when he sees that Luke has constructed a saber. This of course suggests that only a fully trained Jedi is capable of constructing a saber.

We of course now know that even younglings are capable of constructing proper lightsabers. But it seems JJ and crew is ignoring that and returning solely to the OT.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 01:55 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

I don't think he'll go that far given Erza and the younglings in TCW. Anakin also had one in AotC. It'd be a huge retcon.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 02:02 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

I was assuming Kylo's 'saber was really old and that he found it somewhere or something.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 02:18 PM
Darth Thor

Nah, this isn't some Prequel/TCW Hater's movie. It isn't even JJ's movie. It's Lucasfilms. And they understand the OT is more popular but the story group states the PT is canon nonetheless and they're the ones in charge of any retconning not JJ.

As for Luke's training being complete after constructing his Saber.. Well Luke's training didn't exactly happen in the most orthodox way. He was handed a Lightsaber before any training. So maybe for him that was the final part of his training, because it was something he missed in the initial stages of his training.

Kylo Ren's training is also likely going to be unorthodox and rushed.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 02:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote