KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Man Vs Aquaman

Iron Man Vs Aquaman
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Durability wise? Iron Man has this. His suit can take hits from nukes. He isn't as fast due to flight. Aquaman could win if he catches Tony slipping. I have read NU52 Aquaman, and yes he is a far better fighter, but he would have to come into contact with Tony. Tony never has to allow this to ever become physical. Aquaman isn't a Hulk level strong man, and iron Man has been seen to be able to at least last a little while against the Hulk. Aside from Aquaman getting a power raise, Tony has also been raised in power.

All of Aquaman's strength can be nullified due to the fact that he is landlocked, while Tony has the ability to stay right out of range, and spam blast after blast FTW. I believe that if it was an up close H2H battle only, that Aquaman would win, but it would be ugly due to Tony's predictive software, which would allow him to duck, dodge and land several heavy punishing blows like he did in an inferior suit to Captain America. However like I said, Tony has more up his sleeves than fistcuffs. If Aquaman got in close, and somehow placed Tony in danger, Tony could release a free form omni blast, and begin spamming repulsar blast. Rinse, repeat, and go on to win this.

Tanked nukes? Due tell, i must've missed that arc. Everything else you've mentioned is powerset debating which isnt, as u know, how we debate here. Now if you can produce a strength feat that duplicates AMs then I'll concede. However i doubt that. Plus your forgetting that pesky trident that would be an insta kill imo. Also there's no timer on his strength, he doesn't lose power instantly because he's landlocked

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 09:36 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Tanked nukes? Due tell, i must've missed that arc. Everything else you've mentioned is powerset debating which isnt, as u know, how we debate here. Now if you can produce a strength feat that duplicates AMs then I'll concede. However i doubt that. Plus your forgetting that pesky trident that would be an insta kill imo. Also there's no timer on his strength, he doesn't lose power instantly because he's landlocked

Which strength feats?

Trident could be an insta win, but so are Tony's countless weapons.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 11:30 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Supermex
Iron Man in a good fight
This. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 11:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Tony should outsmart ftw. Its not all about strength (am isnt even THAT much stronger)

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 11:39 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Which strength feats?

Trident could be an insta win, but so are Tony's countless weapons.

Such as?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 11:44 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 11:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2015 11:58 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Such as?

You're answering a question with a question.

And i c Mr. Galactus just gave you a perfect example.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:02 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Still waiting Galan

If Aurhur gets hit with that shit he is HISTORY.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:06 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

power set can be argued. I mean what do you think strength is? Aquaman can't fly and it isn't as if Tony could not use the various weapons that he has. He would treat Aquaman like he would Namor, except for the fact that Namor can actually fly. Way back in the day, Tony fought Namor in his classic Mark IV armor (I believe it was that armor). He did extremely well. In his current armor he is far more powerful than he was back then. I believe that Iron Man would do just fine if he were in close combat with Aquaman. Let's not try and place Aquaman in the Thor strength bracket. He isn't that strong.

When it comes to lifting feats, or generally anything, you can't use anything as solid evidence. Look at how Wonder Man beat Rulk. And then look at how easily Grey Hulk beat up Wonder Man. Rulk would destroy Joe Fixit. The reason why I brought that up, is because Aquaman's best strength feat will be nullified when he gets into a tough fight with someone that has trouble lifting a 30ft yacht. Ironman has gone up against characters as strong or stronger than Aquaman, and he has done fine. In that suit, Tony isn't exactly a light weight.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:07 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
You're answering a question with a question.

And i c Mr. Galactus just gave you a perfect example.

His cruise ship and submarine feat. What does tony have that replicates that? It's common knowledge.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:09 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by JayDaDon
If Aurhur gets hit with that shit he is HISTORY.

Same can be said of the trident without being vulnerable after it's use..

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:10 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

Thats true but that energy blade is one of the potential one shot weapons tony has which was the point

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:13 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

power set can be argued. I mean what do you think strength is? Aquaman can't fly and it isn't as if Tony could not use the various weapons that he has. He would treat Aquaman like he would Namor, except for the fact that Namor can actually fly. Way back in the day, Tony fought Namor in his classic Mark IV armor (I believe it was that armor). He did extremely well. In his current armor he is far more powerful than he was back then. I believe that Iron Man would do just fine if he were in close combat with Aquaman. Let's not try and place Aquaman in the Thor strength bracket. He isn't that strong.

When it comes to lifting feats, or generally anything, you can't use anything as solid evidence. Look at how Wonder Man beat Rulk. And then look at how easily Grey Hulk beat up Wonder Man. Rulk would destroy Joe Fixit. The reason why I brought that up, is because Aquaman's best strength feat will be nullified when he gets into a tough fight with someone that has trouble lifting a 30ft yacht. Ironman has gone up against characters as strong or stronger than Aquaman, and he has done fine. In that suit, Tony isn't exactly a light weight.

Didn't call him a lightweight. Just said AM has a strength edge. However slight it may be. And abc logic isn't the greatest debating tool

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:14 AM
Stoic
Avenger

His cruise ship and submarine feat. What does tony have that replicates that? It's common knowledge.

Namor has actually done better than that in terms of lifting feats are concerned, and Tony has stalemated with Namor in an inferior suit with inferior tech than he's walking around with these days.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:15 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Thats true but that energy blade is one of the potential one shot weapons tony has which was the point

Which would be parried by that trident. Then what?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:15 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Namor has actually done better than that in terms of lifting feats are concerned, and Tony has stalemated with Namor in an inferior suit with inferior tech than he's walking around with these days.

All suits aren't synonymous.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:16 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Didn't call him a lightweight. Just said AM has a strength edge. However slight it may be. And abc logic isn't the greatest debating tool

ABC logic can not always be swatted away, as if it holds no weight in these cases. You can actually use it some of the times, just not all of the time.

Last edited by Stoic on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 12:20 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:16 AM
Stoic
Avenger

All suits aren't synonymous.

What he uses these days is superior to his old tech in every way. It's like comparing a Pentium 3 to a multi threaded 6 core PC.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:17 AM
carver9

Tony holds every advantage here sans strength. He has shields, one shot kills weapons, blasts, flight, homing attacks, hell, he even has a Spider sense stored in his armor. Aquaman isn't winning this Sin. He even has Magnetic powers that could possibly plunge the trident right out of Arthurs hands. Tony wins the obvious majority.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:26 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote