KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Iron Man Vs Aquaman

Iron Man Vs Aquaman
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

(please log in to view the image)

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:27 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Tony shields tanks a Nuke.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:31 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
What he uses these days is superior to his old tech in every way. It's like comparing a Pentium 3 to a multi threaded 6 core PC.

It's not that simple. Some older suits were built like tanks able to absorb damage but not nearly as sophisticated whilst newer models offered more versatility yet lacked durability. Every armor has differences

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:38 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Hmm naw I dont agree. His current suits are far more durable than his older suits. He managed to perfect his craft to a point where he can make like a 20 pound suit with greater durability than his earliest tank like suits. Look at the extremis suit it withstood punishment from the sentry and OF thor. They would have treated his past suits like tissue paper.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:44 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
It's not that simple. Some older suits were built like tanks able to absorb damage but not nearly as sophisticated whilst newer models offered more versatility yet lacked durability. Every armor has differences

I completely agree with you, but the suits that he tends to wear on a full time basis, tend to be multi purpose suits like his Mark IV suit. To be honest I don't think that this fight would be a stomp in favor of Tony (based on character), but I don't think he would lose. This is mainly because of the level of versatility that he brings to the table vs Aquaman's level of combat dominance. In other words, Aquaman is a little shy of being powerful enough to take this for the majority. And Carver, thanks for the scans. It shows how bad ass Tony actually is. He's even badder than that these days.

Last edited by Stoic on Feb 23rd, 2015 at 12:49 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:47 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Stoic
I completely agree with you, but the suits that he tends to wear on a full time basis, tend to be multi purpose suits like his Mark IV suit. To be honest I don't think that this fight would be a stomp in favor of Tony (based on character), but I don't think he would lose. This is mainly because of the level of versatility that he brings to the table vs Aquaman's level of combat dominance. In other words, Aquaman is a little shy of being powerful enough to take this for the majority. And Carver, thanks for the scans. It shows how bad ass Tony actually is. He's even badder than that these days.

I agree that Tony is legit. However when push comes to shove i don't agree that he'd gain a majority over a brick with a slight (arguably) strength advantage over versatility. I'm also banking ALOT on that trident

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 01:00 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Supermex
Iron Man in a good fight

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 01:02 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

His cruise ship and submarine feat. What does tony have that replicates that? It's common knowledge.

U sure about this?

Lifts a gigantic nuclear reactor.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...gth01aIM259.jpg

Saves a jetliner.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ngth01IM202.jpg

Catches a large falling generator then lifts it out of the way.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ngth02IMv37.jpg

Knocks out Surfer.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...b-Mariner35.jpg

Knocks out Hulk.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/...ower09IM132.jpg

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 01:28 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Didnt know about the Surfer feat...

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 02:22 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Still waiting Galan
Stop being purposefully obtuse. You asked what weapons Tony has in his arsenal that could potentially one-shot Arthur--the energy blade he used to nearly decapitate Serpent-amped Grey Gargoyle is one such weapon. Simple.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 05:26 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

thumb up

Don't think anyone sane would think Aquaman could beat Serpent Gargoyle.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 05:35 AM
riv6672

Dont think that really matters here.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 11:01 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Tony holds every advantage here sans strength. He has shields, one shot kills weapons, blasts, flight, homing attacks, hell, he even has a Spider sense stored in his armor. Aquaman isn't winning this Sin. He even has Magnetic powers that could possibly plunge the trident right out of Arthurs hands. Tony wins the obvious majority.

Who wins, Surfer or Hulk evil face Isn't that the argument you always use? That just because one guy has more versatility, it wouldn't necessarily win?

Anyway.

Aquaman takes this one. Yes, Galan has posted that sexy lightsabre that IM has - but have we forgotten that he was being absolutely creamed before (and after?) Is the Trident even magnetic? I have seen no evidence to it.

What we DO know, is that it is magical, and not only that, the most powerful of the ancient Atlantean artifacts. By its nature, it is magical - showcasing Tony's shields standing up to nukes etc, for example, isn't quite relevant. It is magical - it defies the laws of physics. A shield which can withstand 20GJ of energy (or whatever) won't necessarily stop a magical trident - because it isn't subject to physical laws.

Not to mention, Tony has gone on record as saying he prefers going up close and personal with his fights - which is a nightmare for him in this scenario.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 11:45 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lol...you're the one that debates off of powerset. Aquaman isnt comparable to a guy that gets angry and become far more stronger, faster, more durable during the second. So your point is moot. The only advantage Aquaman has is his trident and imo that isn't enough.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:00 PM
riv6672

Well this is what makes debates, though.
Hell, i've learned a lot here...

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:05 PM
DarkSaint85

Lol...you're the one that debates off of powerset. Aquaman isnt comparable to a guy that gets angry and become far more stronger, faster, more durable during the second. So your point is moot. The only advantage Aquaman has is his trident and imo that isn't enough.

No, but the relativity is.

What I mean by that is, one guy has fewer powers, but you give him the win.

Here, the exact same situation occurs, and you give the guy who has more powers the win.

Not to mention, you've forgotten strength.

In any case, magical trident is pretty powerful, I have a fan art of him stabbing Darkseid in the eyes. Drew it myself. Main point I am trying to make, is that shields which can tank nukes does not automatically mean that the strength+trident has to be > a nuke. Magic is funny like that.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:09 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
No, but the relativity is.

What I mean by that is, one guy has fewer powers, but you give him the win.

Here, the exact same situation occurs, and you give the guy who has more powers the win.

Not to mention, you've forgotten strength.

In any case, magical trident is pretty powerful, I have a fan art of him stabbing Darkseid in the eyes. Drew it myself. Main point I am trying to make, is that shields which can tank nukes does not automatically mean that the strength+trident has to be > a nuke. Magic is funny like that.

You're still wrong though. If Aquaman was more durable, fastet, and stronger than Ironman, I would probably give him the edge but he doesn't hold a single advantage here...not even strength. What reason would I give him a majority over a guy who is him but has thousands of other tools to choose from as well? Doesn't make sense. Does the trident changes things that drastically? I don't think so. My post had nothing to do with just versatility. My post was in reference to a guy that is Aquaman plus major interest.

That doesn't fall in the Hulk vs Surfer category imo.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:14 PM
DarkSaint85

You're still wrong though. If Aquaman was more durable, fastet, and stronger than Ironman, I would probably give him the edge but he doesn't hold a single advantage here...not even strength. What reason would I give him a majority over a guy who is him but has thousands of other tools to choose from as well? Doesn't make sense. Does the trident changes things that drastically? I don't think so. My post had nothing to do with just versatility. My post was in reference to a guy that is Aquaman plus major interest.

You're the one who said he was stronger confused

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:15 PM
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You're the one who said he was stronger confused

Celey made me think about some things.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:23 PM
DarkSaint85

Lol, IOW, mustn't make Hulk look bad....

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2015 12:55 PM