KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Ulic vs. Bane

Ulic vs. Bane
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Again what double standards?

I asked you to post feats for showings that Kas'im or Sirak possess that are comparable and or superior to the showings of Ulic or Kun. Still waiting for you to post them. Skill feats were already posted multiple times for Ulic, not my fault you have nothing to offer that's superior tbh

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Feb 24th, 2015 at 10:12 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 10:05 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Sirak beat no one other than an inexperienced POD Bane, and Kas'im only "beat" his master (off panel), and we have no idea how good he was. So again kindly show me anyone they beat that compares to Null beating multiple Jedi at once, or Ulic cutting his way through nexus amped Krath/droids, killing King Ommin, fighting a Jedi whilst deprived of the force, or fighting evenly with Exar who was described as "unparalleled" . Bane nearly died to Sithspawn,was beaten by Sirak, lost a duel to Fohargh, and only beat Kas'im by gathering nexus energy from the Lehon temple. Also lol @ using his temple feat in spite of that feat being debunked multiple times

Not sure why there has to be a force advantage here, both of them are primarily duelists and have both been shown to prefer to fight it out. Bane uses lightning intermittently, and its of no real consequence for the reasons I mentioned above. Their telekinesis would only be used for shoving each other or something. Even there the power gap isn't large enough between the two to make a difference.

Sirak was the top student in the academy. You think he bought his way there? No, he fought his way to the top as is the Sith way and established himself in the frequent duels that took place. Beating 2 featless Jedi at once means nothing. Bane (and Kas'im) can blitz fodder like that and has. And lol at Ulic killing droids and Krath. Bane probably killed more than Ulic as a Gloom Walker. Kopecz blitzed a squad of the Republic's finest (Havoc squad?) with them barely managing to get off a single shot each. And Kas'im was far greater than him. Though I don't know why I should be establishing Kas'im and Sirak against Ulic. Not really the point, I was comparing them to Null and Vodo. I'm not even dignifying the rest of your lowballing.

Throwing your opponent can be useful. Malgus for example has frequently gotten an advantage with simple throws.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 10:17 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sirak was the top student in the academy. You think he bought his way there? No, he fought his way to the top as is the Sith way and established himself in the frequent duels that took place. Beating 2 featless Jedi at once means nothing. Bane (and Kas'im) can blitz fodder like that and has. And lol at Ulic killing droids and Krath. Bane probably killed more than Ulic as a Gloom Walker. Kopecz blitzed a squad of the Republic's finest (Havoc squad?) with them barely managing to get off a single shot each. And Kas'im was far greater than him. Though I don't know why I should be establishing Kas'im and Sirak against Ulic. Not really the point, I was comparing them to Null and Vodo. I'm not even dignifying the rest of your lowballing.

Throwing your opponent can be useful. Malgus for example has frequently gotten an advantage with simple throws.

Again he beat Bane when Bane was at his lowest at the academy, on topic of Bane having lost his connection to the darkside (temporarily). Sirak doesn't compare to Ulic who even at the same time in his training had already killed Null who beat back those Jedi, killed Ommin who blasted back Arca Jeth/multiple Jedi, etc.. Proof Kas'im "blitzed fodder" he has no combat showings at all outside of his duel with Bane, so nice try with your own subjective point there thumb up. Bane's showings as a Gloom walker are decent, but Ulic outduelled his opponents and they were also amped by Ommin's magic. Ulic's feat is superior. Show me a single showing for Kas'im outside of his dueling with Bane that puts him above Null beating multiple Jedi at once other than the implication of him being "great". Vodo was capable of fighting Kun evenly and without the need for cheating unlike Kas'im who sabotaged Bane's training, and unlike Kas'im he could actually hold his own against Exar without the need for tricking him.

Glad Bane can throw opponents, Ulic can do the same i,e throwing a fully armored Mando.

Edit: You claimed Bane killed more as a Gloom walker? Proof? The only showings he had was sniping those guys iirc.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Feb 24th, 2015 at 10:26 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 10:24 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Neph, to add to your points, Sirak had never lost a single duel with another apprentice before he fought Bane the second time.

And Kas'im, was not only held in esteem by Bane. Githany and Kaan both regarded him as basically the best duel in the entire order. Githany even believed that the notion of anybody besting Kas'im in the order, aside from Bane, was a laughable one, and she was standing right in front of Kaan when she said this to his face, somebody who she believed to be the embodiment of the Dark Side, and she wasn't even aware of the full scope of Kas'im's capabilities with a saberstaff yet, let alone Jar'kai.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Last edited by Emperordmb on Feb 24th, 2015 at 03:00 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 02:57 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

That's all well and good but character perspectives are still usually irrelevant.

Anakin said Obi was as wise as Yoda and as powerful as Windu, I doubt most people believe this to be true.

Likewise, Kyp Durron believed himself to be more powerful than Luke - again, I doubt anyone thinks Kyp's opinion means anything.

Traya said Revan was true power, that looking at him was like looking into the heart of the force - please tell me most people don't believe Revan to be the heart of the force.

Character perspectives usually mean nothing.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:13 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Except that Kaan is the leader of the brotherhood. If anyone was better than Kas'im in his ranks he'd know it. Especially considering pretty much everyone was on Ruusan at the time.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:16 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Qui Gon Jinn was regarded as one of the best swordsmen Yoda had seen in over 400 years.

For some strange reason, I KNOW you think Kas'im would shit all over Jinn.

So what is it? Era bias? Bane trilogy bias?

I forgot you have Kas'im above Dooku.

Last edited by Trocity on Feb 24th, 2015 at 03:22 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:19 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I don't recall saying that. Nor do I see it's relevance. Yoda's opinion is probably pretty spot on though. I see nothing that suggests Qui-Gon wasn't one of the best duelists to emerge in 400 years. Nor is there anything suggesting that there was a Sith who eclipsed Kas'im.

But that's a little different, since it's based on Yoda's recollections, whereas Kaan certainly knew the value of his current forces, which were largely directly under his command at the time.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 03:22 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

You heard it right folks, being a Sith school teacher that knows super lots of lightsaber forms and can beat a guy whose been training for 8 months tops back as a result of sabotaging his training. Bane also considered him 00ber, too!>= to two of the canonically greatest Sith lords of all time.

Last edited by carthage on Feb 24th, 2015 at 04:28 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:25 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

LMFAO.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 04:47 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote