KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Best sensory powers.

Best sensory powers.
Started by: Nibedicus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nibedicus
About as normal as someone who uses his eyes to melt stuff. It's Super hearing taken to its absurd levels. Not a small deal. And I don't recall ever saying that it was...

I'm sure throughout his lifetime the orchestraic song of the multiverse came to him and made him deduce how everything worked. It just didn't happen right this second as he's explaining it to Darkseid. More likely that he understood this concept and used it to come up with the idea to use counter vibrations against Darkseid.

It's a classic comicbook storytelling technique. Hero/villain uses absurd comicbook logic/physics/magic/etc to peform an amazing act. But in order for the reader to understand how he did it, hero/villain first explains the science/logic behind it.

Dude. You came into my thread with the "feat". I disagree with it and you say I'm always against your Superman "feats"? What, we're not allowed to discuss our interpretation of comics/scans in threads we make anymore?

Well, one is pretty much cut and dry and the other requires one to take huge liberties in interpretation to make it plausible.

Um, the difference is that I (and the comic) never said that his senses were infallible. Unlike your narration stating Superman was unstoppable. Has anything stopped Superman before? Yes? Hyperbole.

Surfer found the "greatest ice cream in the universe". The only hyperbole you can possibly complain about is how "greatest" the ice cream is. Not the universe part as the story is very specific about it.

Now if you can find proof that there is indeed a greater ice cream out there in the MU, I will agree about the ice cream hyperbole part. Tho, I don't see how it can help your argument any.

Yeah, he heard it. That's why I included "sense".

I have neither time nor patience for this BS.

It happened to him in right that time. He had no reason for picking out Darkseid's vibrations before that. You are taking it like "he was constantly hearing for that specific vibration." He didn't. And no, there is no evidence that he heard the song of the multiverse before Superman beyond where he specifically heard it for the first time.

Yeah, I came into "your" thread. So? And that doesn't applies to Surfer's feat?

Not really. Surfer's feat is much more ambiguous. Just one panel of Narration doesn't makes it infallible truth. You try to pretend it though. Superman's feat is pretty cut and dry though since we can actually determine what he did to achieve the feat. In surfer's case it's just left for imagination.

Did I say Superman was unstoppable via that narration? No. But you are doing it for surfer though, using that narration as absolute truth. It said it was the greatest ice cream. On what basis? It's just as much hyperbole as the superman claim.

And if it isn't greatest, it also throws doubt at how far surfer actually scanned. Since you can't take one part of the sentence and discard other.

That's not my task. And FYI, this is my last post for this "feat". You don't agree with it, I don't give a damn. Have fun with nitpicking.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 05:46 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by abhilegend
I have neither time nor patience for this BS.

It happened to him in right that time. He had no reason for picking out Darkseid's vibrations before that. You are taking it like "he was constantly hearing for that specific vibration." He didn't. And no, there is no evidence that he heard the song of the multiverse before Superman beyond where he specifically heard it for the first time.

Yeah, I came into "your" thread. So? And that doesn't applies to Surfer's feat?

Not really. Surfer's feat is much more ambiguous. Just one panel of Narration doesn't makes it infallible truth. You try to pretend it though. Superman's feat is pretty cut and dry though since we can actually determine what he did to achieve the feat. In surfer's case it's just left for imagination.

Did I say Superman was unstoppable via that narration? No. But you are doing it for surfer though, using that narration as absolute truth. It said it was the greatest ice cream. On what basis? It's just as much hyperbole as the superman claim.

And if it isn't greatest, it also throws doubt at how far surfer actually scanned. Since you can't take one part of the sentence and discard other.

That's not my task. And FYI, this is my last post for this "feat". You don't agree with it, I don't give a damn. Have fun with nitpicking.

And I already said that he did pickup on DS's vibrations on that scene. But there is zero proof in either statement or narration that states that Superman suddenly picked up on the whole vibration of the multiverse all of a sudden. One would think the writer would at least make a tiny effort of being specific if he suddenly had Superman pick up on something very relevant to the story, eh?

I mean how does saying:

"The worlds of the multiverse vibrate together, Darkseid...and make this sound, like an orchestra."

Mean that he picked up on something completely new?

How the statement is worded almost literally SHOVES it in your face that he knew of this concept before and he's just stating it matter-of-factly. A concept that AFAIK exists in modern string theory (with a bit of comic-y writer's interpretation thrown in). Kryptonian science + Superbrain + Super senses would tell you that this concept would be almost pre-school for someone like Superman.

Funny thing is you would dismiss Surfer's extremely specific "feat" when he has intention, statements, scene/story and narration backing him due to hyperbole while Superman's "feat" of instantly "hearing the multiverse" (that is not even specifically mentioned in the scan) basing it on nothing but mere vague character statements (how is one "hyperbole" and not the other?) has less validity than Superman's? It boggles the mind.....

How is Surfer's "feat" ambiguous at all??? He SPECIFICALLY mentioned that he was using his cosmic senses to look for the greatest ice cream in the universe. He SPECIFICALLY made the attempt right then and there and the narration SPECIFICALLY mentioned that he found it. And unless you're saying that he was just BSing the whole time (can't cuz narration says he did it), one cannot claim to have found the roundest pebble in the stream without first looking at all the pebbles in the stream....

I guess to you: Superman: vague statements (that doesn't even mention anything about hearing the multiverse right that second) = cut and dry. Surfer: specific statements backed by narration = ambiguous. Yeahhhhh... No.

The basis is the narration says it is. Which means the writer is saying it is. Sorry, but it's not my fault you don't like it....

Well, if that WAS your last word on it:

Surfer > Superman then.

evil face

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 06:44 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

(please log in to view the image)

Heindall ... beyond Universe-range optical and auditory senses. thumb up

Last edited by Mr Master on Feb 24th, 2015 at 08:08 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:04 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Now THAT'S a "feat". Nice one, Heimdall.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:08 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Lockjaw has that text saying that he can 'track a spoor across the cosmos' or something.

Can't find the scan though.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:13 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Oh, and doesn't Shaman Nate Grey have dozens of vision senses or something?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:14 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Scans? I vaguely remember The Nate one. Something to do with Plank time or somesuch but would be nice to read it again.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2015 08:17 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

And I already said that he did pickup on DS's vibrations on that scene. But there is zero proof in either statement or narration that states that Superman suddenly picked up on the whole vibration of the multiverse all of a sudden. One would think the writer would at least make a tiny effort of being specific if he suddenly had Superman pick up on something very relevant to the story, eh?

I mean how does saying:

"The worlds of the multiverse vibrate together, Darkseid...and make this sound, like an orchestra."

Mean that he picked up on something completely new?

How the statement is worded almost literally SHOVES it in your face that he knew of this concept before and he's just stating it matter-of-factly. A concept that AFAIK exists in modern string theory (with a bit of comic-y writer's interpretation thrown in). Kryptonian science + Superbrain + Super senses would tell you that this concept would be almost pre-school for someone like Superman.

Funny thing is you would dismiss Surfer's extremely specific "feat" when he has intention, statements, scene/story and narration backing him due to hyperbole while Superman's "feat" of instantly "hearing the multiverse" (that is not even specifically mentioned in the scan) basing it on nothing but mere vague character statements (how is one "hyperbole" and not the other?) has less validity than Superman's? It boggles the mind.....

How is Surfer's "feat" ambiguous at all??? He SPECIFICALLY mentioned that he was using his cosmic senses to look for the greatest ice cream in the universe. He SPECIFICALLY made the attempt right then and there and the narration SPECIFICALLY mentioned that he found it. And unless you're saying that he was just BSing the whole time (can't cuz narration says he did it), one cannot claim to have found the roundest pebble in the stream without first looking at all the pebbles in the stream....

I guess to you: Superman: vague statements (that doesn't even mention anything about hearing the multiverse right that second) = cut and dry. Surfer: specific statements backed by narration = ambiguous. Yeahhhhh... No.

The basis is the narration says it is. Which means the writer is saying it is. Sorry, but it's not my fault you don't like it....

Well, if that WAS your last word on it:

Surfer > Superman then.

evil face

laughing out loud

As if you're the ultimate authority on this. Flash fact, you're not.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 02:44 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

laughing out loud

As if you're the ultimate authority on this. Flash fact, you're not.

Yes yes, so we're in agreement? Surfer wins!

Sweet! wink

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:16 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yes yes, so we're in agreement? Surfer wins!

Sweet! wink

Letting you have the last word isn't conceding anything.

It's just the fact that you have the tendency to argue for several pages and you never change your view, even if a mod comes in and tells you otherwise. So why waste time arguing with you?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:01 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Letting you have the last word isn't conceding anything.

It's just the fact that you have the tendency to argue for several pages and you never change your view, even if a mod comes in and tells you otherwise. So why waste time arguing with you?

Hmmm, reminds me of someone I knowwwww....

wink

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:41 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Look at a mirror sometime.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:44 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Look at a mirror sometime.

I'm willing to take your advice if you are. wink

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:49 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I know exactly who I am talking about. You seem confused.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:58 AM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I know exactly who I am talking about. You seem confused.

Haha. Ok. Ok. I'll quit messing with you know before a mod comes in here. Seriously man, you need to mellow out. <3

Anyway, back on topic. So far it's Heimdall leading with the best "feat" admittedly slightly beating out Surfer's.

People have mentioned Lobo and Nate. Scans ppl! We needs em scans!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 07:04 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

does deadpool/joker breaking the 4th wall count??

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 08:22 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

No 4th wall shenanigans pls. Quantifiables only. smile

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 08:26 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

No Superman or Surfer. There, I said it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 09:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

I think Surfer and Superman are ridiculous in that department and equals. But peeps like Heimdall are above them imo. Dawnstar and Lobo are also up there.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 10:09 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote