KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)

Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Insane Titan

Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)

Spidey is bloodlusted

Who wins

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 08:47 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ares doesn't job THIS much, does he? I mean, I respect Spidey's ability to whoop high meta bricks as much as the next guy. But surely there's something in his arsenal to take Pete down.

I don't actually know. I'm mostly asking. I know next to nothing about Ares.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 03:25 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

no he does not job this much. without plot help spidey can't win this.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 03:30 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Ares had an entire X-Men team freaking out, making deals with devils and whatnot

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 03:45 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Spiderman has beaten Savage Hulk, destroyed Titania, schooled Masterson Thor (till Thor ended it with an AoE), KOed Firelord, etc...

So I wouldn't count Spiderman out. Spiderman 5.5/10.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 03:45 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Spiderman has beaten Savage Hulk, destroyed Titania, schooled Masterson Thor (till Thor ended it with an AoE), KOed Firelord, etc...

Which is why this thread exists at all. But realistically, all of those but Titania shouldn't be in nearly as much doubt as they were in the comics. They went out of their way with the FL fight to explain that he could end it in moments but chose not to. And Hulk/Thor were just some combination of PIS and CIS.

Thus my question earlier.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 04:09 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Re: Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Spidey is bloodlusted

Who wins
a bloodlust end Spidey can easily damage Ares. The SS, speed, and agility combination makes it near impossible for Ares to land a flushed attack. The webbing can be used to temporarily blind Ares or slow him down. So Spidey wins this, although it takes a while.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Feb 25th, 2015 at 04:44 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 04:42 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by h1a8
a bloodlust end Spidey can easily damage Ares. The SS, speed, and agility combination makes it near impossible for Ares to land a flushed attack. The webbing can be used to temporarily blind Ares or slow him down. So Spidey wins this, although it takes a while.

No. Ares does not job to the point where a bloodlusted Parker would give him pause. This is the guy who took it to xman, mikaboshi, herc..parker wins if Ares falls on his axe

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:14 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Ares stomps this, most assuredly.

Fast enough to tag legit speedsters, like, I dunno, the fastest Greek god, Hermes (whilst Ares was mortal):
(please log in to view the image)

Durable enough to take multiple Herc punches:
(please log in to view the image)

Yeah, bloodlusted or not, Spidey is not on that level.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:47 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

in a ring-type scenario, pete has no chance in this.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 05:48 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

But wait. there's more!

Tanks a missile to the face, then catches ANOTHER missile out of the air and redirects it:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...4-herc__083.jpg

IM seems to hold him in high esteem:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...1___page_28.jpg

Deliberately crashes a Quinjet and jumps away, ready to fight:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...gers_009_10.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...gers_009_12.jpg

There are other showings, of course, including ones where he is mortal....

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:00 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Parker has feats. Real feats. Thousands of them.

Ares? Simply not impressive. Dumb. Slow. Underachiever.

Nobody hates Parker's ass as much as me on this site. I still doubt Ares could wreck bloodlusted SM.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:15 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Nobody hates Parker's ass as much as me on this site. I still doubt Ares could wreck bloodlusted SM.
thought you was a SM fan?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:20 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

He's not THAT dumb/slow.

Remember the fight against X-man? That's far faster than Spidey has ever been:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...men_03_0015.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...men_03_0016.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...men_03_0017.jpg

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:25 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

oh, ares has jobbed some in his day, no doubt. but in this scenario no way he can lose. he can thunderclap pretty effectively. pete's ONLY chance would be an uber dose of webbing from the very start. ares is NOT dumb--he's actually an exceptionally trained warrior and strategist. he's beaten hercules and matched thor for a while. he is certainly out of pete's league without plot help.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:51 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Lowballing should be a sport round here

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 06:52 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Digi
They went out of their way with the FL fight to explain that he could end it in moments but chose not to.

Thus my question earlier.

Oh, I know. Firelord, like Masterson Thor, could have ended it with an AoE attack. This is a luxury Ares does not have. My point is : Spiderman was strong enough and fast enough to floor mid/high heralds using nothing but physical attacks.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 08:43 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by zopzop
Oh, I know. Firelord, like Masterson Thor, could have ended it with an AoE attack. This is a luxury Ares does not have. My point is : Spiderman was strong enough and fast enough to floor mid/high heralds using nothing but physical attacks.

He also took down Absorbingman.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 09:14 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Ares stomps this, most assuredly.

Fast enough to tag legit speedsters, like, I dunno, the fastest Greek god, Hermes (whilst Ares was mortal):
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...-ares__1_14.jpg

Durable enough to take multiple Herc punches:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...1-herc__084.jpg

Yeah, bloodlusted or not, Spidey is not on that level.
Lol at that being a speed feat for Ares.

Also, Spiderman has taken Jugg, Hulk, etc punches as well.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 09:17 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Mindset
Lol at that being a speed feat for Ares.

Also, Spiderman has taken Jugg, Hulk, etc punches as well.

Yeah, I added Planck time feats later. Mostly for h1's sake, as he has used Planck time assertions for Dr M. many times as proof of his space. Whereas here we now have an actual fight taking place in Planck time.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 09:21 PM