KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)

Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Lol. Ok. Let's use other showings of Ares (NOBODY WAS CLINGING TO ONE SHOWING).

How many Peter punches equal one Voiding Sentry? Ares wasn't KO'd. How many Mikaboshi punches? Ares wasn't KO'd. Skaar?

How many Peter punches equal a missile to the face? You see, in his short publication history, Ares has quite a few feats. The Herc is but one.

NOBODY was dismissing Peter's feats. Just answer the question.... How many Peter punches woukd it take to KO Ares, consistent, cumulative ones, considering Skaar, A bomb, Sentry (pissed and out for the kill), and Herc couldn't?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 07:41 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic

This is exactly what I just finished saying to Delta, Ares had one good showing, which could be considered PIS, because he has yet to prove that he is even close to Hercules in strength. Not only this, but Hercules, and anyone in his weight class has proven that they were always portrayed above Ares in terms of strength. Heck Namor isn't even as strong as Hercules at his best, and he's stronger than Ares under his most optimal condition (hydrated). My point is that people are really trying to drive one low showing of Hercules against Ares, while calling Spiderman's dozens of feats PIS. If Spiderman can hurt the Absorbing Man amplified with stone for greater durability, and who is actually a true class 100, why wouldn't he be able to hurt Ares? Ares does not, and never has been touted as being invulnerable.

I surely don't have all of Ares appearances, but I thought he fought Hercules a bunch of times. I know he's not as strong, but the guy seems to be pretty durable. I don't believe its a low showing for Hercules either as Ares has taken shots from other top tiers and came out of them just fine. Its the durability that's impressive to me and would cause Spiderman the biggest issues. If Ares can take numerous shots from people like Hercules and Sentry, I have a hard time imagining Spiderman taking him out. Just my opinion.

I didn't look at any scans, but did Spiderman actually hurt Creel? I hate to bring up piss poor writing, but if he did,,,,,

quote:
Tough? Sure, but not invulnerable. This isn't going to last for hours, and days, it's going to take minutes or less if we take Spiderman's feats at face value. It didn't take him hours and days to hurt Creel, Namor, Rhino, Rogue (classic), etc. It's not going to take him that long to hurt Ares. Now can Ares win this? Absolutely. But so can Peter, he just has to be at the top of his game, and not get hit.

Minutes or less? Yikes.

quote:
Was Herc fighting to kill? Was Ares? This is really something that needs investigating. There are different levels of pain that a character of Herc's power can deal out if he was going for the kill. Ares on the other hand is always going for the kill.

I thought Hercules was indeed mad and trying to kill due to being infected by the hydra blood. I could be totally wrong and somebody please correct me if I have my events mixed up.

I'm not arguing with you pal, I'm just posting my opinion the same as you are. I'm just not sure we are going to agree on this one. laughing out loud

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 09:38 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by tkitna
I thought Hercules was indeed mad and trying to kill due to being infected by the hydra blood. I could be totally wrong and somebody please correct me if I have my events mixed up.

I'm not arguing with you pal, I'm just posting my opinion the same as you are. I'm just not sure we are going to agree on this one. laughing out loud

He was pretty damn mad, though the blood had been burnt out of his system. Nowhere was it stated he was holding back, though, lol. Also, that missile he tanked with his face wasn't holding back.

That's actually a fairly good way of thinking, however.

We know bullets are harder than Spiderman's skin. To the point his SS continuously warns him NOT to get in the way of bullets. This is an inarguable fact: Spidey is NOT bulletproof.

We DO know, however, that Ares is most assuredly bulletproof. Ares is harder than bullets - bullets from .50 cal tank guns, no less (that was what War Machine had assimilated into himself and was firing at Ares). So not even handguns or submachine guns, which is what SPidey avoids like the plague.

So Ares > bullets >>> Spidey. And bullets do not hold back.

Here is Ares tanking THREE missiles, and all he says is 'ow'.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 09:59 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Here is a literal 'tanking' feat. War machine fires two missiles at Ares, he hits two)?) tanks, and jumps out, laughing.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...e+003+pg+09.jpg

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Feb 27th, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 10:10 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Are you actually going to continue with this featureless environment situation? i mean is there a point aside from the fact that i missed that no description for the battlefield was actually given in the OP? I mean what is the point in continuing to bring it up for? Actually lets just deep six it, because I did say what happened in my mind. Are you looking for a crucifixion over something this minute? Lets just drop it, because it doesn't really matter.

No. I was asking for examples about Pete webbing people up and slamming them into the environment to gauge the probability of this tactic in general, because modifying it to slamming an opponent into the ground could be an argument. If he's done similar a bunch of times.

I brought-up that you hadn't given any examples of him doing this either before I pointed-out it's a featureless environment or after, when you modified the tactic. But that wasn't crucifying you over the mistake, it was pointing-out no examples to prove what could be a viable tactic.

The other stuff about you not admitting the featureless environment part was separate and about why it was odd for you to bring it up again. Not continuing to pound you over that.

You were hinting at Batman and other characters taking on things above their weight class from the start (mainly Batman). I just made it clear that i didn't miss the point form the first post that you hinted on it, however I wasn't intent on biting either. This seemed to me like you were indirectly calling any high end feat above Spiderman's weight class PIS, but I could be wrong. However It still keeps happening. On one hand, you seem to be sticking me with the featureless environment clause/ruling, while on the other, there is also a ruling in place that if something keeps happening it's no longer considered PIS.

I wasn't exactly hinting. Spider-Man isn't the only one who has examples that are beyond his norm. Pete is one of the few characters to be popular enough to have simultaneously had multiple titles at once, so of course there's going to be a lot of examples in pure numbers. Relative to his appearances? Probably not so much.

Now let's talk about class in terms of lifting strength. Neither Tiger Shark, Mr, Hyde,Goliath, and any of the other Masters of Evil of that period were remotely within Hercules' strength class. The same goes for Ares. But you take one showing like others, and highlight it, because one writer had him do extremely well against him. This happened one time only, and you wouldn't consider that PIS? It only happened once. While on the other hand, Spiderman has taken out characters well above his weight class, and not due completely to strength, but power set, character and combat technique.

I'm going mostly off memory, but Tiger Shark and Goliath/Atlas were supposed to be class 100(someone more familiar can confirm or refute). You can clearly be a Top-Tier brick and still below Hercules, but that doesn't mean they're as far off as you're trying to argue. And you keep ignoring how Hercules was compromised from the get-go when he came into that fight. Then he was beaten when already unconscious. It is not a valid comparison dude.

You keep saying that people are clinging to one showing for Ares despite others have been cited(you could say it's his best, but it's certainly not the only example in that range), but you're ignoring the context of the Hercules beating at the same time. blink

Last edited by Delta1938 on Feb 27th, 2015 at 10:34 AM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 10:30 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Stop looking at scans. Creel was playing possum to force his girlfriend Titania to get over her fear of spiders and defend him. He also wanted to see if she really loved him and wouldn't leave him again. That being said. He NEVER beat Creel and only beat titania because she had a fear of spiders.
Spider-man beating her is the reason she developed a fear of spiders in the first place. Not the other way around.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 11:00 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Don't worry about that crap brother, I used to think that he had a spider sense as well, until Samzed pointed it out in one of his posts. When in doubt about the Spider people call Sam.
lol Sweet! It is the recognition that I deserve.. and the one that I neeeed... big grin

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
SamZed, just unite with him. It'll be like Venom and Spidey teaming up!
Legends say that the day Stilt and I join forced it will mean the end of KMC forums. All the signatures will bleed, permabans will be lifted and mods will scream in agony.
---

As for the fight.. hard to tell as i'm no expert on Ares, I do believe that the God of War should beat a street level character. Thing is I also believe that the God of War is supposed to be a match for Marvel's top heralds. And that's far from the impression I got by looking at Ares' showings. I will withhold my judgement for now. However, I can try to make an argument in Spider-man's defense. I do believe that Peter is capable of eventually causing damage to Ares with his strikes. First reason - he's a class 10-20 who is consistently shown to perform feats outside of his strength level when pissed. So consistently that this ability was at one point mentioned in his actual bio. And those feats include causing damage to the likes of Thing, Namor, Iron Man etc. Second reason - in comics an ability to withstand class 100 punches does not make one immune to less powerful attacks. For instance we won't see Logan no-selling 50 punches from Luke Cage because we saw him tank few hits from Hulk, even though Cage is nowhere near Hulk's strength. Then there are cosmic beings like Silver Surfer who can travel through black holes and so logically shouldn't even flinch at attacks from say Thing and Colossus. But we know it is never the case in comics. My two cents.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Feb 27th, 2015 at 11:53 AM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 11:46 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by SamZED
First reason - he's a class 10-20 who is consistently shown to perform feats outside of his strength level when pissed. So consistently that this ability was at one point mentioned in his actual bio. And those feats include causing damage to the likes of Thing, Namor, Iron Man etc. Second reason - in comics an ability to withstand class 100 punches does not make one immune to less powerful attacks. For instance we won't see Logan no-selling 50 punches from Luke Cage because we saw him tank few hits from Hulk, even though Cage is nowhere near Hulk's strength. Then there are cosmic beings like Silver Surfer who can travel through black holes and so logically shouldn't even flinch at attacks from say Thing and Colossus. But we know it is never the case in comics. My two cents.

Good post, which surprised (shocked?) me thumb up stick out tongue

Bad analogy with Wolvy, btw - mainly because of his HF stick out tongue, but I take your point. I guess that's why I brought up the Herc showing, and am focussing on that one - NOT because it is his sole high showing (as Stoic says), but because it's the most drawn out sequence of someone punching him over and over again (I counted 15 times). This comes AFTER a missile to the face. And after all that, Ares just got right back up and was beating Herc up, with no apparent problems.

With his other fights, there weren't any drawn out fights where he got punched over and over again like that, which is why it's being used. Spider blitzed Masterson seven times, sending him reeling. Laid Firelord out with 9 hits.

Herc failed with 15. And a missile. And further other hits. So for your analogy to work, it would be more akin to:

Hulk couldn't KO Wolvy with 20 punches. But Luke has KO'd Daken/Deadpool with 5 punches, therefore, he would KO Wolvy.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 12:08 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by SamZED
Spider-man beating her is the reason she developed a fear of spiders in the first place. Not the other way around.

I know that. She kept losing to him until Creel forced her to face her fear. That's literally what i just said

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:24 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Spiderman does extremely well against high end bricks...

And he is durable enough to take hits from high tier beings. Anyone judging for him would not be wrong, at all.

Good catch. so Creel was only playing possum here? And LET Spidey win?

Should've known the Carvatar would try and do some Truth-bending.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:35 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

HOW DARE YOU?!?!?! The Carvatar does not bend the truth. Carter-Truth is the true truth. He tells it exactly how he sees it.

He probably also just looked at the pretty pictures.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:40 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

u could literally dissect every match where he went "toe to toe" with top bricks and it wouldn't be anywhere near as impressive as the scan posters

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:54 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

If I were SamZed, I'd switch to the Ares camp, just to distance himself from carver.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 01:55 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Delta1938
But none of that is what you argued of Spidey webbing him up, spinning him around and smashing him into the environment, either through the floor after I pointed-out it's a default featureless environment, or even against normal city stuff(just to prove he uses tactics like that in general).

My point was both characters have feats that are well outside what they should be. I would rank what Batman did above Spidey supporting a building, but I wouldn't actually argue Batman really is stronger than Spider-Man.

confused You didn't admit missing the featureless environment when I brought it up, but you did when I pointed-out you didn't say anything about it(just changed your argument to through the ground), so I didn't say anything after. Not sure why you're bringing this up now. Same with the Batman point.

Goliath/Atlas is supposed to be in the same class, and I think Tigershark as well(I mixed up that scene with She-Hulk's beating in SECRET WARS somewhat, it was actually Wrecking Crew, Mister Hyde, Tigershark and Goliath). And Hercules was compromised even before he got there, and they all beat his unconscious body after he was defeated. It's not an accurate comparison at all.

Atlas also finished Hype and Iron Man, beat Genis to death, and staggered Moonstone with two stones.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 02:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Lol. Ok. Let's use other showings of Ares (NOBODY WAS CLINGING TO ONE SHOWING).

How many Peter punches equal one Voiding Sentry? Ares wasn't KO'd. How many Mikaboshi punches? Ares wasn't KO'd. Skaar?

How many Peter punches equal a missile to the face? You see, in his short publication history, Ares has quite a few feats. The Herc is but one.

NOBODY was dismissing Peter's feats. Just answer the question.... How many Peter punches woukd it take to KO Ares, consistent, cumulative ones, considering Skaar, A bomb, Sentry (pissed and out for the kill), and Herc couldn't?

As many as it would take to take out one of the several heavy weights that Spiderman has taken out in the past, and actually have equal to greater physical stats to Ares. If you cant go with that I would conclude that you would be insinuating that all of those times were PIS.

Originally posted by tkitna
I surely don't have all of Ares appearances, but I thought he fought Hercules a bunch of times. I know he's not as strong, but the guy seems to be pretty durable. I don't believe its a low showing for Hercules either as Ares has taken shots from other top tiers and came out of them just fine. Its the durability that's impressive to me and would cause Spiderman the biggest issues. If Ares can take numerous shots from people like Hercules and Sentry, I have a hard time imagining Spiderman taking him out. Just my opinion.

I didn't look at any scans, but did Spiderman actually hurt Creel? I hate to bring up piss poor writing, but if he did,,,,,

Minutes or less? Yikes.

I understand all of what You're saying, just like I understand everything that other people are saying, but it can't be waved away when Spiderman goes on to KO the Hulk, Rhino, Firelord, and others that are on or above Ares' level of power or beyond. I can't even call it PIS because again, this has happened more than once or twice. It's been happening throughout the decades of the characters inception. I can't remember the entire battle between Herc and Ares, I have the comics, but I was so unimpressed by the weak plot that I don't remember the finer details. However, that showing does not negate the times that Spiderman has either beaten guys on Ares level, or done extremely well against others.

When it comes to Firelord, and Spiderman knocking him out physically, some people are unable to wrap their heads around the fact, that if Spiderman fought Firelord H2H only like we have on this forum from time to time, that he would, or could win like he did in that comic. The only thing people want to reflect on is that Firelords powers could have incinerated him from the start, which isn't the point that i am actually making. Then I walk away asking myself if the people that aren't getting my point have the ability to keep up with the point that I am trying to make? The point? Spiderman can hurt guys that are just as tough as Ares, and it doesn't take hours or days based on several of his showings.

Originally posted by Delta1938
No. I was asking for examples about Pete webbing people up and slamming them into the environment to gauge the probability of this tactic in general, because modifying it to slamming an opponent into the ground could be an argument. If he's done similar a bunch of times.

I brought-up that you hadn't given any examples of him doing this either before I pointed-out it's a featureless environment or after, when you modified the tactic. But that wasn't crucifying you over the mistake, it was pointing-out no examples to prove what could be a viable tactic.

The other stuff about you not admitting the featureless environment part was separate and about why it was odd for you to bring it up again. Not continuing to pound you over that.

I wasn't exactly hinting. Spider-Man isn't the only one who has examples that are beyond his norm. Pete is one of the few characters to be popular enough to have simultaneously had multiple titles at once, so of course there's going to be a lot of examples in pure numbers. Relative to his appearances? Probably not so much.

I'm going mostly off memory, but Tiger Shark and Goliath/Atlas were supposed to be class 100(someone more familiar can confirm or refute). You can clearly be a Top-Tier brick and still below Hercules, but that doesn't mean they're as far off as you're trying to argue. And you keep ignoring how Hercules was compromised from the get-go when he came into that fight. Then he was beaten when already unconscious. It is not a valid comparison dude.

You keep saying that people are clinging to one showing for Ares despite others have been cited(you could say it's his best, but it's certainly not the only example in that range), but you're ignoring the context of the Hercules beating at the same time. blink

Spiderman has used that tactic against robotic opponents. Webbing them up, and turning them into wrecking ball type of attacks. Not sure about organic foes though, but it is a tactic that can be used since Peter is a very smart character. I mean do you believe that he would be unable to come up with something as simple as that?

Goliath was classified as a class 100 but well below Hercules in terms of lifting feats. Tiger Shark, Mr. Hyde, and the others were never placed withing the class 100 tier, but then again neither was Ares. However handbooks are pure BS when it comes to lifting feats, because there are times that the characters that are said to be well below class 100, were capable of exceeding that very benchmark. Then again Spiderman has exceeded the class 10-25 ton range as well several times himself.

Hercules was clearly fine when he marched in headstrong to take on the MOE all by himself, but they were quickly able to overwhelm him, and KO him. They then continued to beat him into a coma. I mean if you want a play by play of what actually happened. My point was that weaker characters than Hercules were able to easily compromise his durability, and hurt him. Make no mistake though, Hercules was far stronger than the strongest MOE member there (Goliath). This was later confirmed. Eric Josten known as Atlas is/was that very same Goliath, and Hercules is far superior to him. You get what I'm saying? The same applies to Spiderman hurting guys well above his weight class. To add to this point, Thor then goes in single handed, and puts an end to the guys that easily defeated Hercules, and Thor and Herc are very close in physical stats. Anyway, shit happens.

Good post, which surprised (shocked?) me thumb up stick out tongue

Bad analogy with Wolvy, btw - mainly because of his HF stick out tongue, but I take your point. I guess that's why I brought up the Herc showing, and am focussing on that one - NOT because it is his sole high showing (as Stoic says), but because it's the most drawn out sequence of someone punching him over and over again (I counted 15 times). This comes AFTER a missile to the face. And after all that, Ares just got right back up and was beating Herc up, with no apparent problems.

With his other fights, there weren't any drawn out fights where he got punched over and over again like that, which is why it's being used. Spider blitzed Masterson seven times, sending him reeling. Laid Firelord out with 9 hits.

Herc failed with 15. And a missile. And further other hits. So for your analogy to work, it would be more akin to:

Hulk couldn't KO Wolvy with 20 punches. But Luke has KO'd Daken/Deadpool with 5 punches, therefore, he would KO Wolvy.

Different writers, and all that comes with that. Comics as i mentioned are often non contiguous, and this is mainly due to writer/artist opinion. These people are fans as well after all. All the same I'm glad that you get what I've been trying to explain. Spiderman can hurt Ares based on what he has done to other characters in or above Ares' weight class.

@Sin didn't know the full context of his battle with Creel, but that does not negate his showings against others of that weight class. He did it, and I have no doubt that we will see him do it again. I mean in terms of beating or hurting characters well above his weight class. From the start let it be known that I always said that Ares could win, but he has to actually hit Spiderman for that to happen.

Last edited by Stoic on Feb 27th, 2015 at 04:24 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 04:15 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I reckon he could, considering he did this to a pissed off Sentry:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads..._v_sentry_1.jpg

I know, Sentry grabbed him - but all Ares needs to do is tank enough blows (which, I hope, you can see him doing) and hit Spidey once with that axe.

As many as it would take to take out one of the several heavy weights that Spiderman has taken out in the past, and actually have equal to greater physical stats to Ares. If you cant go with that I would conclude that you would be insinuating that all of those times were PIS.

IOW, pissed off Spidey will do what pissed off Sentry was unable to do?

Also, are you just going to ignore the Herc fight, then? I can post the entire fight?

http://arousinggrammar.com/2013/04/04/hercules-vs-ares/

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 04:23 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I reckon he could, considering he did this to a pissed off Sentry:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads..._v_sentry_1.jpg

I know, Sentry grabbed him - but all Ares needs to do is tank enough blows (which, I hope, you can see him doing) and hit Spidey once with that axe.

IOW, pissed off Spidey will do what pissed off Sentry was unable to do?

Also, are you just going to ignore the Herc fight, then? I can post the entire fight?

http://arousinggrammar.com/2013/04/04/hercules-vs-ares/

If pissed off Spidey could hurt characters on or above Ares' level yes he can also hurt Ares. I thought that you understood what Samzed stated? If you do, or did why continue acting like you don't understand and returning square one?

Based on past showings Ares shouldn't be invulnerable to Spiderman's strikes. Based on logic he should, but then again Hercules should have been immune to the Masters of Evils punches kicks and slams. He wasn't. Getting hit by the axe may not happen. Sentry does not have the same powers that Spiderman has. You know this.

Oh yeah and I forgot to ask. Was Hercules immortal at the time that he fought Ares? This has to be addressed. If not he would have been much weaker than he was at his best.

Last edited by Stoic on Feb 27th, 2015 at 04:34 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 04:30 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

If pissed off Spidey could hurt characters on or above Ares' level yes he can also hurt Ares. I thought that you understood what Samzed stated? If you do, or did why continue acting like you don't understand and returning square one?

Based on past showings Ares shouldn't be invulnerable to Spiderman's strikes. Based on logic he should, but then again Hercules should have been immune to the Masters of Evils punches kicks and slams. He wasn't.

I told him his analogy was wrong.

quote:

That was my reframing of his point. And it leads to the implication that Luke > Hulk. IOW, I never understood the point he was trying to make - because it doesn't make sense, and used an incorrect analogy.

But to switch things up:
So what showings of ARES makes you think that Spiderman would be able to KO him?

I know you will cling to the showings of Spidey, but how about the other way round?

You are saying he has the offense (his treatment of heralds) and the defense (his speed/agility/SS) to stay in the game.

Masterson is Masterson, and Titania is Titania. How about Ares? What makes you think he does not have the durability to stand up to seven Masterson level punches, or nine Firelord punches?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 04:36 PM
DarkSaint85

. Getting hit by the axe may not happen. Sentry does not have the same powers that Spiderman has. You know this.

Yes. He is far faster than Spidey, especially in that mindset.

quote:
[/b]
Oh yeah and I forgot to ask. Was Hercules immortal at the time that he fought Ares? This has to be addressed. If not he would have been much weaker than he was at his best. [/B]

Guess you didn't even read the comics I posted sad Mortals don't need specific weaponry on the level of hydra blood to be hurt.

Keep trying to pick holes. When I reverse it, and pick holes in Spidey's performance, it will all come crashing down.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 04:38 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Iirc he was immortal. Sometime after wwh and before chaos war'

Old Post Feb 27th, 2015 04:43 PM