KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)

Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Or the Absorbing man or Masterson treatment (Spiderman super speed blows were getting to him during the end)...

Difference is, Ares doesn't have the versatility Masterson have to get Spidey up off of him.

Until...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...men_03_0016.jpg

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:12 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Until...

Lol...what are you arguing with that scan? Is that a speed showing? I don't get it.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:15 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Until...

Ares certainly has the strength to lay Peter out, but he has to actually hit him. Spiderman on the other hand has a history of beating the crap out of stronger characters than he is, he even made the entire Xmen look like fools during the Secret Wars.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:20 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Spidey landed seven punches on Masterson.

A pissed Herc landed 14 punches on Ares, and didnt KO him, after throwing him face first into missiles etc. Didn't even phase Ares.

And somehow, you're telling me Ares will hurt more from Spideys punches than Hercs? OK.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:37 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by carver9
Spiderman does extremely well against high end bricks...

(please log in to view the image)

And he is durable enough to take hits from high tier beings. Anyone judging for him would not be wrong, at all.

Not sure if serious. You take everything out of context.

Anyway there should be a mod ruling in regards to FL. It should never be mentioned in a serious discussion its blatant trolling like hulk getting choked out and surfers Mexican beat down. Plot based wins arent wins they are circumstantial. Ares has tanked..keyword TANKED multiple machine gun fire. Held his own against several top tiers and when he takes the kid gloves off and embraces his god of war persona destroyed pantheons.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:41 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Spidey landed seven punches on Masterson.

A pissed Herc landed 14 punches on Ares, and didnt KO him, after throwing him face first into missiles etc. Didn't even phase Ares.

And somehow, you're telling me Ares will hurt more from Spideys punches than Hercs? OK.

No. But he may if those punches in bunches began to add up in the neighborhood of a hundred or more. You can't nullify all of Spiderman's wins because of one showing that Ares had against Hercules. The many outweigh the few... or the one Captain big grin.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:47 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Not sure if serious. You take everything out of context.

Anyway there should be a mod ruling in regards to FL. It should never be mentioned in a serious discussion its blatant trolling like hulk getting choked out and surfers Mexican beat down. Plot based wins arent wins they are circumstantial. Ares has tanked..keyword TANKED multiple machine gun fire. Held his own against several top tiers and when he takes the kid gloves off and embraces his god of war persona destroyed pantheons.

As for the FL comment it was only PIS because Firelord didn't decide to go Nova Storm on the city. However it does not negate the idea that a guy with Spiderman's strength would eventually be able to hurt someone vastly stronger than he is. In respect to this thread, this is exactly what would happen with Spiderman and Ares. This is a prime reason why I brought him up. They both have comparable strength, and durability.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2015 11:51 PM
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by Stoic
As for the FL comment it was only PIS because Firelord didn't decide to go Nova Storm on the city. However it does not negate the idea that a guy with Spiderman's strength would eventually be able to hurt someone vastly stronger than he is. In respect to this thread, this is exactly what would happen with Spiderman and Ares. This is a prime reason why I brought him up. They both have comparable strength, and durability.

thumb up

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 12:22 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

No it is not. You're grasping at strays. A character like Spider-Man could wail on Firelord or Surfer or any high herald all day if they don't want to be affected then they wont. And Parker is not in Ares tier durability wise. The guy tanked Rhodes ordnance like nothing

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 12:27 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
No it is not. You're grasping at strays. A character like Spider-Man could wail on Firelord or Surfer or any high herald all day if they don't want to be affected then they wont. And Parker is not in Ares tier durability wise. The guy tanked Rhodes ordnance like nothing

I'd agree with you if that didn't happen, but it did. The Surfer is above both Firelord and Ares by a fair margin. It would be PIS if it only happened once, but he's done this several times. Titania, the Absorbing Man, the Xmen, the FF, etc. Ares isn't the top dog that you may believe that he is. look at what the Sentry did to him. Do you think that Bob would be able to tear the Surfer in two?

Last edited by Stoic on Feb 26th, 2015 at 12:51 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 12:48 AM
eaebiakuya

Ares stomps.

About Firelord scene, all of this is Spin. Firelord is faster and Spiderman should broke his hand trying to punch him.

One thing happening more than one time dont mean it is not PIS...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 01:03 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Ares stomps.

About Firelord scene, all of this is Spin. Firelord is faster and Spiderman should broke his hand trying to punch him.

One thing happening more than one time dont mean it is not PIS...

Or you can just say that you chose to ignore all of the times that Spiderman has actually defeated characters out of his weight class. Spiderman even did well against Namor. It isn't PIS if it continues to happen, and that's a forum ruling.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 01:07 AM
eaebiakuya

Forum ruling ?

If Spider-man did well against Namor, then it is low showing to Namor, and they "forget" others Namors feat to the fight happen. In other words: PIS.

You is looking only for Spider side.

Then, for you, is not PIS batman fight against Wonder Woman...or other heavy hitters ? Because he did it sometimes...?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:21 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I'd agree with you if that didn't happen, but it did. The Surfer is above both Firelord and Ares by a fair margin. It would be PIS if it only happened once, but he's done this several times. Titania, the Absorbing Man, the Xmen, the FF, etc. Ares isn't the top dog that you may believe that he is. look at what the Sentry did to him. Do you think that Bob would be able to tear the Surfer in two?

What does surfer have to do with anything. Bob would flick Spider-Man and he'd die. Ares needed to die for plot and wow factor. He was the second biggest gun on the DA squad. The only win id give Parker is titania. AM is out of his league, xmen f4 pis. U make it seem like Spider-Man is a team wrecker. He is not. Whose the xman who sold her soul to fight him? Cant remember her name. Ares is above Parker in all stats save agility and arguably speed. Spider-Man is not unhittable

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:34 AM
carver9

Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Forum ruling ?

If Spider-man did well against Namor, then it is low showing to Namor, and they "forget" others Namors feat to the fight happen. In other words: PIS.

You is looking only for Spider side.

Then, for you, is not PIS batman fight against Wonder Woman...or other heavy hitters ? Because he did it sometimes...?

How many times has Batman went fist cuff against Heavy hitters and who was it?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:35 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Lol but Batman will get every last ounce of PIS helping him out because it's "part of his character"

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:38 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8swords

bloodlusted spiderman feats :

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:50 AM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by 8swords
bloodlusted spiderman feats :

Good thing thats not standard

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:56 AM
BruhMan
World Champion

Nope, but it is bloodlusted, like the OP.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 02:59 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Nope, but it is bloodlusted, like the OP.

Your point? The other storyline was written out of continuity. The only reference that was made since then was a conversation between Parker and Kain when Kain gained his extra powers. So no bloodlusted he would not be doing any of that. He'd theoretically have to die first.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:08 AM