KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)

Spiderman vs Ares (Marvel)
Started by: Insane Titan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eaebiakuya

This is a whole new level of "characther not powerset" that is completely ignore the powerset, ignore PIS, etc.

And people are forgeting comics where Spiderman hurted his hand trying to punch Hulk, Loki, etc...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:26 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
This is a whole new level of "characther not powerset" that is completely ignore the powerset, ignore PIS, etc.

And people are forgeting comics where Spiderman hurted his hand trying to punch Hulk, Loki, etc...
Cool, and yet he has no problem punching them.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:32 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

This^

Every fight mentioned was circumstantial. Even Titania. But people carefully leave out context and post scans like they know what theyre talking about

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:34 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Digi
Which is why this thread exists at all. But realistically, all of those but Titania shouldn't be in nearly as much doubt as they were in the comics. They went out of their way with the FL fight to explain that he could end it in moments but chose not to. And Hulk/Thor were just some combination of PIS and CIS.

Thus my question earlier.

Yeah, Firelord could've ended it with energy powers, but didn't. But that doesn't negate the fact that he's physically much more powerful than Spider-Man.

Pete has a number of examples like this to varying degrees. They're not the norm, but they exist. Should they? Well.....comics. He's not the only one who has benefited from this.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's not THAT dumb/slow.

Remember the fight against X-man? That's far faster than Spidey has ever been:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...men_03_0015.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...men_03_0016.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...men_03_0017.jpg

I don't know the context, but to me that looks like simply Ares being a god meant he could get there without being effected, instead of it as an actual speed feat for Ares. Again, based just on the scans presented.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:52 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by carver9

(please log in to view the image)

Difference is, Ares doesn't have the versatility Masterson have to get Spidey up off of him.

Well there is the fact that Masterson Thor was a 3rd rate character that had no idea how to fight. Spiderman wont be afforded that kind of luxury with Ares.

I cant see Spiderman winning.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:06 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by tkitna
Well there is the fact that Masterson Thor was a 3rd rate character that had no idea how to fight. Spiderman wont be afforded that kind of luxury with Ares.

I cant see Spiderman winning.

This still waiting on the spidey supporters to post no plot driven wins over top tiers

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:12 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I'd actually like to understand how Ares is going to touch Spiderman if he fights to the best of his ability? The only thing that I actually see that Ares has over Spiderman is strength. What solid combat feats has Ares actually displayed to say that he would win without a doubt besides him being more powerful? Ares will slip, while Spiderman will stick and move hitting him from any and every angle.

Then you have comments like this comparing Ares to the Hulk. Really?

Originally posted by eaebiakuya

The Hulk literally one shot kayoed Ares without any effort. This shows that Ares isn't as powerful as people supporting him seem to base their opinions on. l However I see a lot of low balling feats that have happened more than a dozen times in his history. Or the choice to attempt to ignore them, but still without a solid reason to feel that way. Was it PIS when Spiderman did well against Namor as well? Or, could it be that at the top of his game, Spiderman's physical abilities allow him to compete with characters above his weight class? I can at least give a reasonable outcome and possibility that Peter could lose, but the staunch Ares supporters seem incapable of admitting that there is a large possibility that Ares may never lay a glove on a serious Spiderman operating within the full capacity rule. In other words, Spiderman has beaten characters as strong as Ares, without being hit even once.

A reason aside from BSing, and telling me that I'm grasping at straws, while not having a solid point themselves would suffice.

Last edited by Stoic on Feb 26th, 2015 at 04:33 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:30 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Stoic
I'd actually like to understand how Ares is going to touch Spiderman if he fights to the best of his ability? The only thing that I actually see that Ares has over Spiderman is strength. What solid combat feats has Ares actually displayed to say that he would win without a doubt besides him being more powerful? Ares will slip, while Spiderman will stick and move hitting him from any and every angle.

The Hulk literally one shot kayoed Ares without any effort. This shows that Ares isn't as powerful as people supporting him seem to base their opinions on. l However I see a lot of low balling feats that have happened more than a dozen times in his history. Or the choice to attempt to ignore them, but still without a solid reason to feel that way. Was it PIS when Spiderman did well against Namor as well? Or, could it be that at the top of his game, Spiderman's physical abilities allow him to compete with characters above his weight class? I can at least give a reasonable outcome and possibility that Peter could lose, but the staunch Ares supporters seem incapable of admitting that there is a large possibility that Ares may never lay a glove on a serious Spiderman operating within the full capacity rule. In other words, Spiderman has beaten characters as strong as Ares, without being hit even once.

A reason aside from BSing, and telling me that I'm grasping at straws, while not having a solid point themselves would suffice.

It really comes down to whether you accept Spider-Man beating(or at least hurting) physically far more powerful characters hand-to-hand or ignore those showings. There's a bunch of examples that speed is a factor, but his actual general level is well under his strength accomplishing that even with multiple blows.

But Spidey isn't the only character whose popularity/status allows him to benefit from showings like this.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:48 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

That was wwh, it was his event. Everyone jobs to u when it's your event. Ares tagged Hermes with a freaking nail gun, he's that good. Parker wont wow him with his acrobatics when he got the jump on a legit speedster. Ares has the edge in strength, durability, endurance, stamina fighting ability. Parker has the edge in speed, and agility. Ares stomps and his axe is standard equipment

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:50 AM
carver9

Wasn't the only time Hulk trashed Ares though.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:59 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Sin I AM
That was wwh, it was his event. Everyone jobs to u when it's your event. Ares tagged Hermes with a freaking nail gun, he's that good. Parker wont wow him with his acrobatics when he got the jump on a legit speedster. Ares has the edge in strength, durability, endurance, stamina fighting ability. Parker has the edge in speed, and agility. Ares stomps and his axe is standard equipment
The only reason the WWH showing should be in doubt is just the one shot. Especially the angle of the punch too. Not saying Hulk couldn't if given a good punch but that certainly wasn't a good showing.

Still, Hulk should still easily trash him. It's not like Ares should have challenged him any.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 05:03 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
The only reason the WWH showing should be in doubt is just the one shot. Especially the angle of the punch too. Not saying Hulk couldn't if given a good punch but that certainly wasn't a good showing.

Still, Hulk should still easily trash him. It's not like Ares should have challenged him any.

Not saying he should, it was in response to Spider-Man being able to do better

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 05:23 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by carver9
Wasn't the only time Hulk trashed Ares though.

I'm citing pis not using hulk as a measuring stick. Parker hops around dodging blows and striking opponents he doesn't go blow for blow like Ares. Him lasting longer has more to do with agility than anything

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 05:26 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Delta1938
It really comes down to whether you accept Spider-Man beating(or at least hurting) physically far more powerful characters hand-to-hand or ignore those showings. There's a bunch of examples that speed is a factor, but his actual general level is well under his strength accomplishing that even with multiple blows.

But Spidey isn't the only character whose popularity/status allows him to benefit from showings like this.

But he still has his webs, and Ares is not too heavy for him to web up his feet, and play wrecking ball. What could Ares do if his being spun around and his head is hitting a wall every second? Spiderman could do this repeatedly to Ares and wear his durability down. Ares is actually faster than Spiderman, but because Spiderman has minor precognitive powers, and tactile traction (can stick to most surfaces) he has the ability to cut corners. Ares would slip and slide as I stated, while Spiderman would be able to stick, and immediately move as fast as his ligaments allowed him to. I can see Spiderman losing, but it depends on whether Ares is able to hit him.

Spiderman actually has the strength to use huge environmental objects against Ares as well. The real question here is does the guy with greater speed (Spiderman because of his ability to stick) greater agility, low to mid range strength, and webs to slow down a stronger opponent have any reason of beating the guy with greater strength, durability, and greater forward movement speeds? I think that Peter has a great chance of winning, but I also believe that Ares could win. He would just have to hit Spiderman a few times.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 05:27 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Hermes doesn't have low level precognitive powers to see the future before it happens and move out of the way. There are plenty of characters that are more powerful than Spiderman, that Ares would run the bag off of, but in some cases the weaker character due to power set actually would dominate the much more powerful one. Shit in nature the mongoose does it all day every day against cobra's.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 05:31 AM
8swords

Your point? The other storyline was written out of continuity. The only reference that was made since then was a conversation between Parker and Kain when Kain gained his extra powers. So no bloodlusted he would not be doing any of that. He'd theoretically have to die first.

then what bloodlusted feats should we use on spidey then?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 05:53 AM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

But he still has his webs, and Ares is not too heavy for him to web up his feet, and play wrecking ball. What could Ares do if his being spun around and his head is hitting a wall every second? Spiderman could do this repeatedly to Ares and wear his durability down. Ares is actually faster than Spiderman, but because Spiderman has minor precognitive powers, and tactile traction (can stick to most surfaces) he has the ability to cut corners. Ares would slip and slide as I stated, while Spiderman would be able to stick, and immediately move as fast as his ligaments allowed him to. I can see Spiderman losing, but it depends on whether Ares is able to hit him.

Spiderman actually has the strength to use huge environmental objects against Ares as well. The real question here is does the guy with greater speed (Spiderman because of his ability to stick) greater agility, low to mid range strength, and webs to slow down a stronger opponent have any reason of beating the guy with greater strength, durability, and greater forward movement speeds? I think that Peter has a great chance of winning, but I also believe that Ares could win. He would just have to hit Spiderman a few times.

Haven't you argued before on it being an empty environment unless the OP specifies otherwise? Here's the OP.

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Spidey is bloodlusted

Who wins

No specified environment means no walls for Pete to play wrecking ball with a webbed-up Ares. Or anything in the environment to use.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 06:09 AM
tkitna

I see it going down something like this.

I realize Ares is no where near Meastro but eventually he's going to get ahold of him. Spider sense didn't seem like it helped Spidey in that scan.

By Stoic

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 06:13 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Delta1938
Haven't you argued before on it being an empty environment unless the OP specifies otherwise? Here's the OP.

No specified environment means no walls for Pete to play wrecking ball with a webbed-up Ares. Or anything in the environment to use.

The ground? Can he bash him against the ground? Webbing? Can his webs serve to slow Ares down if he repeatedly gums up his joints with the material? what about sticking his feet to the ground added with gumming up his joints? None of these things are outside of his character. Ares is also a hot head. What happens to hot heads in fights? They tend to telegraph a lot. This is one of Spiderman's favorite tools in many of his battles. Spiderman doesn't even have to directly punch Ares to land huge impacts on him with those webs if you were to think about it, and Ares only weighs about 350-400lbs. This isn't going to stop Spiderman from launching him with those webs, and bringing him back down to earth head first.

Originally posted by tkitna
I see it going down something like this.

I realize Ares is no where near Meastro but eventually he's going to get ahold of him. Spider sense didn't seem like it helped Spidey in that scan.

The scan isn't working. Is that the fight between Spiderman 2099 and Maestro? If so, does Spiderman 2099 have a spider sense? Maestro is also faster than Ares. The Hulk is exceptionally fast, and his AOE attacks are significantly more powerful. I understand what you are getting at, but you can't compare Maestro to Ares. Maestro makes Ares look like a light weight.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 09:58 AM
SamZED

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Last edited by SamZED on Feb 26th, 2015 at 10:29 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 10:18 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote