KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman or Spider-man

Batman or Spider-man
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Star428
Batman has taken down Amazo by himself in a no prep fight? Sounds like major PIS to me but then that is what Bats has to rely on to keep up with everybody else on the JLA. LOL.

You might want to relook at that fight.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:26 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by relentless1
^ **** yeah, CANADA woo, much smarter than your above average american

thumb down

Horse****. Maybe in you're confused mind that's true but not in reality. stick out tongue

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Feb 26th, 2015 at 04:57 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:47 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
You might want to relook at that fight.

I haven't even seen the fight, dude. I just read the guy's post about Batman beating Amazo and assumed it was PIS. It has to be if it was a no prep encounter.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:52 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Star428
thumb down

Horse****. Maybe in you're confused mind it is but not in reality. stick out tongue
- An average American. Maybe even below average.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 04:57 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rezactic
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Bruce has quite a few geniuses, but Pete's is stacked with insane power and also quite a few geniuses too.
The only notable one I can think of is Osborn, maybe Octopus and Lizard and Lizard really doesn't compare to guys like Riddler. The average Batman rogue is smarter than the average Spiderman rogue, Also Spiderman rarely beats these guys in a battle of wits, it's mostly him beating the crap out of his opponents.

Of course Batman beats the crap out of his opponents to but it's usually after matching and beating them in a battle of wits.

Last edited by Rezactic on Feb 26th, 2015 at 05:43 AM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 05:41 AM
Rezactic is currently offline Click here to Send Rezactic a Private Message Find more posts by Rezactic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by Rezactic
The only notable one I can think of is Osborn, maybe Octopus and Lizard and Lizard really doesn't compare to guys like Riddler. The average Batman rogue is smarter than the average Spiderman rogue, Also Spiderman rarely beats these guys in a battle of wits, it's mostly him beating the crap out of his opponents.

Of course Batman beats the crap out of his opponents to but it's usually after matching and beating them in a battle of wits.
That is probably because most of Spider villains aren't looking to defeat him in a battle of wits, they just want to kill him. I'd say Octopus is not a maybe, the guy's a genius only few humans surpass.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 10:47 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Having smart opponents doesnt really factor into how smart one is. One of the Hulk's earliest villains was the Leader.
And when the heck IS Doom going to fix his face....?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 10:51 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I am looking at this, as OP used the example of the webshooters, in terms of their tech smarts, NOT tactics or how many languages they speak or how many degrees they hold.

Purely tech.

Batman rarely invents his own stuff. Look at his Year One outfit, and contrast that with Spidey's Year One (as it were). Only later, when he started nicking stuff from WayneTech etc, did he get a jump in his suits.

He had the ultrasonics in his heel, and tranq darts, and that was it, IIRC. That doesn't look like much considering Parker took an old transistor radio apart and turned them into webshooters, then invented a whole new material from scratch....

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 11:17 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I am looking at this, as OP used the example of the webshooters, in terms of their tech smarts, NOT tactics or how many languages they speak or how many degrees they hold.

Purely tech.

Batman rarely invents his own stuff. Look at his Year One outfit, and contrast that with Spidey's Year One (as it were). Only later, when he started nicking stuff from WayneTech etc, did he get a jump in his suits.

He had the ultrasonics in his heel, and tranq darts, and that was it, IIRC. That doesn't look like much considering Parker took an old transistor radio apart and turned them into webshooters, then invented a whole new material from scratch....

I realized this had gone off topic but honestly, no one listens in these threads when its easier just not to.
Its still interesting reading for me.
But you nailed what i was getting at quite well just now.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 12:04 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

There's also the Jackal. Mega genius. Not as big league but tinkerer. Spidey was the lone force stopping Doc ock from the domination of NYC, then the domination of the WORLD. Lol Doc Ock is in the big league of villains. Not quite doom, but then again, none of bats rogues are quite doom either.

Btw in defending NY, Peter beat Ock in a direct battle of wits.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:33 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Bruce - Better accomplishments.

Peter - More potential.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:34 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
I realized this had gone off topic but honestly, no one listens in these threads when its easier just not to.
Its still interesting reading for me.
But you nailed what i was getting at quite well just now.

That may've been what you were getting at riv but the question you asked was still technically a general one. Not specifically related to science/invention. You asked who was smarter. Having an in-depth knowledge of science is not the only measure of a person's intelligence. Not even close.

Just because you gave an example of Peter doing something impressive related to science/invention as proof of his intelligence doesn't mean people should just automatically know that the question you really wanted answered was "Who is the smarter scientist/inventor?". That's the question you should've asked it seems. I was "listening" just fine to what you said.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 03:43 PM
Rezactic
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SamZED
That is probably because most of Spider villains aren't looking to defeat him in a battle of wits, they just want to kill him. I'd say Octopus is not a maybe, the guy's a genius only few humans surpass.
And because they aren't smart enough. Octopus is a specialized genius, he excels in one field, there are plenty that surpass him in overall intelligence. It'd be much harder to face someone like Riddler or Joker in a battle of wits than Octopus

Last edited by Rezactic on Feb 26th, 2015 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 07:31 PM
Rezactic is currently offline Click here to Send Rezactic a Private Message Find more posts by Rezactic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rezactic
Restricted

Account Restricted

Purely tech.

Common misconception, Waynetech didn't create any of his notable suits. Insider, Hellbat, Justice Buster, the drones he's been using in the New 52, the suit he made that can hide from all of Superman's visions and senses, and other stuff like Brother Eye were all his own design. The only thing Waynetech was good for is bankrolling it.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 07:32 PM
DarkSaint85

So Waynetech had zero input? That is to say, he didn't use ANY components or materials from Waynetech?

Then what did he need the money for? To pay himself a wage?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 07:56 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

And because they aren't smart enough. Octopus is a specialized genius, he excels in one field, there are plenty that surpass him in overall intelligence. It'd be much harder to face someone like Riddler or Joker in a battle of wits than Octopus
Only because he doesn't apply his genius specifically in doing battles of wits. Not his method. Stopping him however can be much harder than either one of the two. He excels in more than one field. Outside of top dogs like Doom (who frankly is just on a whole different level compared to anyone mentioned in this thread) Ock is easily among the smartest villains on Marvel Earth given his more recent appearances.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 08:01 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

it really depends on what continuity you're looking at, earlier Batman stories have him creating all his stuff from scratch, even later on when he'd lift stuff from WayneTech, he always made custom modifications on it so you can certainly count that as invention but besides all that he's always got a new gadget, like in JLA new world order where he's got a heart beast suppressor to hide from Superman or in Tower of Babel, he invented all the weapons used against the JLA

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 08:10 PM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rezactic
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Waynetech had zero input? That is to say, he didn't use ANY components or materials from Waynetech?

Then what did he need the money for? To pay himself a wage?
I already stated that he uses Waynetech to bankroll it, your statement was that Batman rarely invents his own tech, that is false. Unless you're trying to suggest that Waynetech scientist and engineers had a hand in creating tech like the Brother Eye and the Justice Buster...would be kind of hard for Bruce to maintain his identity when his own employees are asking why their building a multi billion dollar suit designed to KO Superman or why their building an AI to spy on everyone...Oh sure...there's no way he can be Batman roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Rezactic on Feb 26th, 2015 at 08:14 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 08:12 PM
Rezactic
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SamZED
Only because he doesn't apply his genius specifically in doing battles of wits. Not his method. Stopping him however can be much harder than either one of the two. He excels in more than one field. Outside of top dogs like Doom (who frankly is just on a whole different level compared to anyone mentioned in this thread) Ock is easily among the smartest villains on Marvel Earth given his more recent appearances.
And yet he wasn't on Intellegica top 8 getting beaten out by Black Panther, Beast and Amadeus Cho...yeah no...Ock needs a lot more feats or at least better feats for him to comparable to other geniuses.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 08:13 PM
DarkSaint85

I already stated that he uses Waynetech to bankroll it, your statement was that Batman rarely invents his own tech, that is false. Unless you're trying to suggest that Waynetech scientist and engineers had a hand in creating tech like the Brother Eye and the Justice Buster...would be kind of hard for Bruce to maintain his identity when his own employees are asking why their building a multi billion dollar suit designed to KO Superman or why their building an AI to spy on everyone...Oh sure...there's no way he can be Batman roll eyes (sarcastic)

So what's the money for? If he's just creating it in the cave?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2015 08:38 PM