KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Spider-Man: Homecoming

Spider-Man: Homecoming
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (57): « First ... « 54 55 [56] 57 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Your tastes are shit, .

Pretty much, Fly just said Spider-Man 2 is a shit film.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 01:20 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rick Deckard

Recently saw Spider-man: Homecoming on Blu. Being a big fan of the comic back in the late '70's - '80's, I have been following the character through his various live action incarnations. My comments:

-Not sure why they had to re-re-boot the Spider-man character after having only two films starring Andrew Garfield. Sure, I didn't like those films as much as the Tobey Maguire/Sam Raimi films, but they could at least have had another film starring Garfield.

In any case, I was surprised at the way they've modified the SM character/universe:

- The Spider-man universe presented here seemed like a "kindler, gentler" version of the classic character. I.e., Flash Thompson is a rich little weasel, who is actually smaller than Peter Parker. And, he's not a jock, but is with Peter on the academic competitive group.

- Aunt May is no longer elderly and frail, but is played by Marisa Tomei, an extremely hot MILF - MT is actually 53, but looks significantly younger The comments that various guys made to Peter throughout the film about May (the Bodega store owner, Tony Stark, Peter's friends, etc.) were amusing, but did get old after a while

- It was funny to see how Spider-man didn't run into a lot of criminals when he was doing his "crime fighting". I've been to NYC recently, and this rings true - since crime has gone down quite a bit since the '70's - '90's (thankfully).

-Interesting that the Vulture ended up being Liz's father. Quite a coincidence, but I guess it's not much more of a stretch than having Norman Osbourne be the Green Goblin in the classic SM comics, and having him be the father of Peter's acquaintance, Harry Osbourne.

To me, the best part of the film was the '70's/'80's soundtrack - i.e., "Biltzkrieg Bop" by The Ramones & the great track "Save it for Later" by the English Beat, which played over the scene when Aunt May was helping Peter get ready for Homecoming - perfect song placement here!

In any case, it was an OK film.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:55 AM
Rick Deckard is currently offline Click here to Send Rick Deckard a Private Message Find more posts by Rick Deckard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Yah. I enjoyed it but was still dissapointed.....could have been much better.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 02:16 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Michael Keaton saved the film IMO.

Edit- But I'm glad it's the biggest superhero movie of the year, so Spidey is secure in the MCU for the long term.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Dec 23rd, 2017 at 03:22 PM

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 03:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It's pretty shitty compared to the competition, though.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:41 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Made me laugh (PENIS PARKER! PENIS PARKER!), Keaton was great in it, worked incredibly well as part of the bigger universe...

But the best MCU film was GotG 2 for me.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:49 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Homecoming was a great film, but Spider-Man 2 is the best Spidey film, IMO.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:51 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Raimi left too soon.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 04:59 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

One of the best MCU films, IMO.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 05:34 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

But the best MCU film was GotG 2 for me.

Thor slightly surpasses it for me.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 06:28 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I admit the part where he thinks Tony Stark is about to hug him but then it turns out he is just opening the door of the car is hilarious.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 07:32 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh yeah, there’s some funny moments.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 09:33 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Pepper's reappearance = one of the best things in Homecoming.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 09:35 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Gotg 2 was dog shit
The nipple jokes and poop jokes are terrible, and Star lord is a douche

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 10:54 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Still better than Justice League though

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 10:54 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 11:29 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But Star Lord was supposed to be a douche though. So doesn't that make it good?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 11:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Pepper's reappearance = one of the best things in Homecoming.

do you wanna see Pepper in the Rescue armor?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 12:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I don't want her to be wearing anything

Serious answer - not necessarily. It wouldn't hurt and could be more fun than Extremis Pepper (bleh), also the suit being deprived of offensive weaponry is a fun concept... but I'm content with Pepper just being Pepper and appearing more. Hopefully, Gwyneth still wants to play the character...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 12:46 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
do you wanna see Pepper in the Rescue armor?
As long as she's not a super ninja extremis abomination like the end of IM3 I'm fine.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 24th, 2017 01:21 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote