KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Spider-Man: Homecoming

Spider-Man: Homecoming
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (57): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
Dafoe's Green Goblin was terrific

His acting was good, but the Goblin itself wasn't portrayed well, in terms of his look and abilities.

He never had that many weapons on him. He'd throw like 1 bomb at a time. I want the comic/animated version, where he's continually throwing bombs Spider-Man has to dodge, and maneuvering around almost as well as Spider-Man does. And always having new weapons to test out.

Not just a guy on a glider. With a horrible mask.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 02:45 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

IMO A huge NO to seeing Osborn/Goblin this time around..

use Hobgoblin instead...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 06:22 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:...&width=1800

So comics Spidey's got a new costume design by Alex Ross. That spider symbol is horrendus, but I missed the webpits so I'm torn

Hopefully they incorporate the webpits into the movies

PWNT

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 07:14 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

looks old. like it's for a movie produced in the early 90's. I don't think it looks bad, just not very modern like the rest of characters in the MCU.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 07:31 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

use Hobgoblin instead...

thumb up

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:47 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Arachnid1
[url]

NO. Just no.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 10:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Yeah I don't want webpits, just give a good 'ol normal spidey costume

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 07:48 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Arachnid1
http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:...&width=1800

So comics Spidey's got a new costume design by Alex Ross. That spider symbol is horrendus, but I missed the webpits so I'm torn

I like it.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2015 03:03 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dynamix

really like how marvel uses each hero/story concept to explore different genre of films. Spy, fantasy, sci-fi etc. For this one, i read somewhere it will be a sort of throwback to 80's John Hughes teen flicks. might be interesting.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 03:15 AM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just hope in the next Spidey film we don't have to once again see the origin of Peter Parker. The movie should just begin with a message saying "if you don't know Spider-Man's origins by now just friggin google it". Or even just a brief description with some text like:

Peter Parker was a teenage kid bitten by a radioactive spider who gained superhuman abilities from it. He also has crappy luck a lot of the time. In his spare time he enjoys banging redheads and being sad over his dead Uncle Ben.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 5th, 2015 at 03:49 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 03:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ They've made it very clear no Origin Story this time.

At most it will be a few flashback scenes, just to see the specific original of this new Spidey.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2015 09:14 PM
Dr Will Hatch

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/m...man-1201536080/

Now that Marvel and Sony have found their Peter Parker, the focus has turned to the aunt who raised him.

Sources tell Variety that Marisa Tomei is the choice to play Aunt May in the next installment of the “Spider-Man” franchise.

Sony and Marvel had no comment on the casting.

While insiders could not say where things stood in the deal-making process, they have added that an offer was made late last week for the Oscar-winning actress to join Tom Holland, who was recently tapped to play the web-slinging superhero.

Marvel and Sony recently hand-picked Holland to play Spider-Man after months of meetings and screen tests with eager young actors, in addition to selecting “Cop Car” helmer Jon Watts to direct the pic.

The studios are still in the process of finding a writer to join Watts in the screenwriting process but insiders explained that the top brass also wanted to lock down other actors who would appear in multiple films so schedules could be worked out before shooting commences next year.

Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal will produce the pic, and though Holland is expected to first appear in “Captain America: Civil War” in a cameo appearance as Parker, it seems more likely that Tomei will not appear until the first “Spider-Man” film bows on July 28, 2017.

The job marks a new direction for Tomei, who generally sticks to dramas like “The Ides of March” and “The Wrestler,” or romantic comedies like “Crazy Stupid Love” and “My Cousin Vinny” (which landed her an Oscar), rather than studio tentpoles.

She can be seen next in “Train Wreck” opposite Amy Schumer and is currently filming “The Big Short” with Christian Bale and Ryan Gosling. Tomei will also have a recurring role in the second season of Fox’s hit “Empire.” She is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 07:06 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Personally, I'm not a fan of this. The whole point of Aunt May is that she is an elderly, fragile woman who would probably have a heart attack if she found out her sweet nephew Peter was Spider-Man. I don't get why people want to turn the character into a MILF.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 07:07 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Personally, I'm not a fan of this. The whole point of Aunt May is that she is an elderly, fragile woman who would probably have a heart attack if she found out her sweet nephew Peter was Spider-Man. I don't get why people want to turn the character into a MILF.

thumb up I don't get it either

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 07:12 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Plus it is god damn HILARIOUS when the Green Goblin is screaming at Aunt May and forces her to finish reciting that prayer. It wasn't meant to be funny, but it was pure comedy gold none the less. "Finish it!". When William Dafoe tells you to finish your prayer you best be finishing that motherf*cking prayer.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2015 08:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Surtur
Plus it is god damn HILARIOUS when the Green Goblin is screaming at Aunt May and forces her to finish reciting that prayer. It wasn't meant to be funny, but it was pure comedy gold none the less. "Finish it!". When William Dafoe tells you to finish your prayer you best be finishing that motherf*cking prayer.

I wish they would bring DaFoe back to the MCU, and f.ucking J.K Simmons as JJJ especially. They were perfectly cast.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 03:48 AM
quanchi112
Disney

I wish they would bring DaFoe back to the MCU, and f.ucking J.K Simmons as JJJ especially. They were perfectly cast.
Nah, let that cease. It's a new day and new actors.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 04:05 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

You do know they can use SFX to make her look like an elderly lady

it worked for Hayley Atwell in Winter soldier.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 07:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Spider Man better be black, or else!!!!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 08:39 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kazenji
You do know they can use SFX to make her look like an elderly lady

it worked for Hayley Atwell in Winter soldier.

That was just for one small scene though. Doubt they would do that for a major part throughout the movie. More efficient just to cast an older woman.

They're obviously just going young. Never thought I'd have the hots for Aunt May.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 10:17 AM