KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

That's sjw's for ya. I like how he was developed throughout the season though, even if it was kinda slow at first. The point of his character as written is his background doesn't have to define who he is.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 05:52 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It wouldn't surprise me if it was a bunch of the people who want to see Kara and Lena become a lesbian couple.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 06:35 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Sigh, yeah... Even though they've already satisfied the gay agenda enough with Alex and Maggie.

Old Post May 25th, 2017 06:44 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Reign announced as the Villain for season 3
http://www.cbr.com/supergirl-season...odette-annable/

Makes me wonder why they only kept General Zod as an illusion for the finale

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 31st, 2017 10:52 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Probably because he's associated as a Superman villain. They don't want Kara fighting his leftovers, they want to build her own rogues gallery.

That, and probably because letting her beat Superman and letting her walk all over his nemesis are too different things. There's no way you can have it happen without one of two things happening:

1. Kara handles Zod too.easily, thereby making Clark look bad.

2. Kara struggles too much, making her look like a second banana.

It's why you don't see Superman fight Black Adam often, or Captain Marvel take on Cyborg Superman. It's complicated enough juggling their direct showings without worrying about how their rogues come across..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 31st, 2017 11:32 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
_

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zJrLYoxMvUg

While it lasts above, a clip of the making of the Supergirl finale fight:

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 06:47 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by carthage
Reign announced as the Villain for season 3
http://www.cbr.com/supergirl-season...odette-annable/

Makes me wonder why they only kept General Zod as an illusion for the finale

Hmm. Interesting villain choice.

Originally posted by cdtm
Hey, Ollie's right. smile

Loved that scene.

Anyways, not to play Surtur, but I just learned from a friend that twitter's been blasting Supergirl dating a slave owning misogonyst.

Didn't take much to find article after article talking out the "Mon-El problem".

You can't see it, but I'm face palming. Typing with one hand while holding a phone is not easy.

See, the thing is, I could care less if someone wants to hate on privilege or whatever.. But in the case of Mon-El, they very deliberately created a stereotype of everything sjw activism is against. Hating him for it is kind of missing the point...

Now, you can argue the show has done a bad job of writing a privileged class's road to redemption.. You can say he hasn't earned forgiveness or whatever. But they aren't arguing the legitimacy of his character growth. They're criticising him for having a background of being a slave owning aristocrat, and that Kara is too good for him.

Basically, it's an argument of "no quarter asked, none given". NOTHING Mon-El could do would make a slave owning misogonyst good enough (Seriously, many complaints say this directly, that his early displays killed the character for them, and it doesn't matter how he's rewritten.)

The sad thing is, the out-of-touch rich guy that doesn't understand the common people but gets redeemed is a trope as old as Shakespeare himself. Whether written badly or not (I think Mon-El has been okay for the most part), people giving them shit for that are ragging against a writing device that's older than anyone on this forum.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Jun 1st, 2017 at 06:55 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 06:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

True enough. You can say the same for the evil unrepentent rich guy.

But you probably wouldn't see a twitter-storm over that tired old trope (Well, not from a SJW. Maybe from an MRA...)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 03:14 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

meh its ok to not like the story... many people now wouldn't date someone that owned slaves. I don't watch supergirl but I do know people that don't date based on religion, politics, or even race all those are reasons are dumb to me but its real life not fiction. IRL would she have dated a former slaver probably not? in a comic book show, everybody has a chance and your past is easily forgotten.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 03:34 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by cdtm
True enough. You can say the same for the evil unrepentent rich guy.

But you probably wouldn't see a twitter-storm over that tired old trope (Well, not from a SJW. Maybe from an MRA...)

TBH, I doubt the majority of reasonable people (MRA or not) would have little problem with the guy being evil, as long as he wasn't some stupid stereotype (as in, an actual idiot).

Originally posted by staxamillion
meh its ok to not like the story... many people now wouldn't date someone that owned slaves. I don't watch supergirl but I do know people that don't date based on religion, politics, or even race all those are reasons are dumb to me but its real life not fiction. IRL would she have dated a former slaver probably not? in a comic book show, everybody has a chance and your past is easily forgotten.

The problem is, though, that it makes Supergirl look bad if she refuses to an extent. They're basically making her out of be a female Superman, so that means having the same kind of empathy and capability for forgiveness that Superman has.

Mon-El, for all his faults, HAS shown regret for what he's done. She wouldn't be a member of the Superman family if she wasn't giving him a chance to prove himself.

At least imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 04:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Watched the last few episodes of this season. Made me glad I only catch the crossovers with Flash. The girl who plays Supergirl is actually pretty good in the role, but it's not a good show as a whole imo. I get that the emotional payoff is different when you follow something from the beginning, but there seemed to be so many forced narratives and bad dialogue.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 04:48 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Originally posted by -Pr-
TBH, I doubt the majority of reasonable people (MRA or not) would have little problem with the guy being evil, as long as he wasn't some stupid stereotype (as in, an actual idiot).

The problem is, though, that it makes Supergirl look bad if she refuses to an extent. They're basically making her out of be a female Superman, so that means having the same kind of empathy and capability for forgiveness that Superman has.

Mon-El, for all his faults, HAS shown regret for what he's done. She wouldn't be a member of the Superman family if she wasn't giving him a chance to prove himself.

At least imo.

true. I was just thinking about dating someone not forgiveness. she should definitely at least very least give the chance for redemption but I get it

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 05:03 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by staxamillion
true. I was just thinking about dating someone not forgiveness. she should definitely at least very least give the chance for redemption but I get it

To be fair, it's not like the show is written particularly well either. And the dialogue, like Digi said, is appalling at times.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 05:08 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

the plot will be simple... kara gets beat up for a few eps, the odette annable will beat her up, then season finale kara beats her up for good// the end

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 1st, 2017 06:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Very likeable show but extremely social liberal.

Fortunatly as a moderate conservative in know the diffrence between fantasy and reality. I have heard they are considering killing off superman alreay to increase ratings.

Ratings will go up if they reduce the social liberal agenda and make it more of a moderate show.

I had to laugh at the kara ,clark fight at the end of the last season. Kara back hands clark and knocks superman out cold. It took ZERO effort. Later in the arc clark mentions to everyone that "Kara I was at full power and you beat me."

This is a example of the feminists and SJW's crap castrating all white males in power.

Last edited by zeel on Jun 8th, 2017 at 02:15 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 02:08 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by zeel

Ratings will go up if they reduce the social liberal agenda and make it more of a moderate show.

I had to laugh at the kara ,clark fight at the end of the last season. Kara back hands clark and knocks superman out cold. It took ZERO effort. Later in the arc clark mentions to everyone that "Kara I was at full power and you beat me."

This is a example of the feminists and SJW's crap castrating all white males in power.

I would give a lot to see what would have happened had Supergirl remained a show on CBS. I don't think we would have gotten the lamentable, forced, and out-of-the-blue conversion of Kara's sister. Nor do I think we'd have seen Kara bedding her newest beau a relatively few episodes in. This is the wrong thing to show the young fans this show has attracted in droves, especially the 6-10 year old girls who idolize Melissa Benoist, and all things related to her.

I would gladly trade the Superman fight we saw, gratifying though it was, for the show to have retained the relatively high moral standards it possessed in Season 1.

Having said that, I don't see where you could come away with the notion the fight with Kal wasn't taxing for Kara. Granted, I myself hoped for a more creative battle, but all-in-all, considering the result and the vastly reduced budget they were operating under, I thought that quite good for a TV Superhero battle.

Too bad YouTube keeps deleting clips of the skirmish...

Here, perhaps this one will last a bit longer ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HRZxDukCcVk

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 01:46 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Just finish d the season. I get it's SG's show, but beating SM? Really?

Enjoyed most the season though tbh.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 02:21 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Just finish d the season. I get it's SG's show, but beating SM? Really?

That is always kid of been the case even in the comics.....

And this is the CW after all so..

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 07:19 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Fly's right. Superman always struggled with Kara under Johns.

Until they decided to say Superman was holding back, for whatever reason (Is that why he used a ring that could kill both of them?)

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 08:47 PM
Flyattractor

Ahh the old "Clark si Holding Back" bit.. which is funny cause that is always fallowed by "insert Female Hero's Name Here" is also HOLDING back too.

Because Little Girls will only read comics if their Heroette easily kicks all man ass with absolutely no Effort.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 09:02 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote