KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Reign ****ing wrecked Kara

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 6th, 2017 09:22 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

She didn't have Sisko/Kaitlyn/Iris there on coms to go, 'Fly Supergirl, fly.'

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 01:04 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

One thing about the last episode that was f****** retarded was Reign hitting her with a piece of concrete hard enough to hurt her, but the thing didn't break. Based on literally everything else we have seen on the show, Kryptonians are much, much tougher than concrete. Hell, in that same fight, they were smashing through buildings without either taking a scratch. Reign hitting Kara in the head with that thing should have shattered it to pieces.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 01:17 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

1- A star that kills men? Really?
2- J'onn can't go? Seriously? Are Martians that nerfed in this universe?

Brainiac looks shit, also.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 04:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It's pretty par the course for J'onn, sadly. I get it, women are great too, but you don't have to keep downplaying everyone else to highlight that fact. The Y chromosome killing plot device with that star was stupid too.

Appearance-wise, what's wrong with this version of Brainiac?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2018 08:30 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, I thought the Helen of Troy and the whole #feminism stuff on Flash and LoT was bad. But good to know Supergirl is still the leader in taking a dump on men. Seriously, a place that literally just kills you for being a man, lol.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 02:15 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It's pretty par the course for J'onn, sadly. I get it, women are great too, but you don't have to keep downplaying everyone else to highlight that fact. The Y chromosome killing plot device with that star was stupid too.

Appearance-wise, what's wrong with this version of Brainiac?

I thought the makeup was uneven and the hairpiece was atrocious.

Was nice to see Ursa from Superman II though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 25th, 2018 02:44 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by -Pr-

That's a joke right? I know Supergirl sure does love its soapbox but you're all just posting this as a prank right?...Right?!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2018 09:55 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Remember the Justice League episode “Fury” ? That had misandry kind of shit before it was cool. The mentioned plot device star that kills men was tame compared to that whole premise imo.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 07:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Yeah that happened in a pretty awesome cartoon that came out over 15 years ago that was so transparent that it turned out to be pretty funny. This is still funny but also pretty try-hard as well.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 07:06 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Been putting this off because baby drama.

What's with ALL the shows doing kid drama? Because women demand it?

Does any guy want super hero shows to be family relatable? (Not saying they have a crumby home life, just that's not really why we're into comics..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2018 09:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Was nice to see Ursa from Superman II ...

sad Not really. She was the secret "apple for teacher" crush of many young boys of my generation. And perhaps momentarily a wee bit more than that for some of our dads. Young, strong, beautiful, seemingly invincible ...

(please log in to view the image)

It's a bitter pill to see some of the most beloved hero and villain characters of our youth robbed by time, a reminder that only 2 fates are currently possible for men and women on this planet. Nice to know she is still alive and kicking, though

Originally posted by cdtm

Does any guy want super hero shows to be family relatable? (Not saying they have a crumby home life, just that's not really why we're into comics..)

I do. Family people is how heroes of my generation were usually portrayed, and it is something many of us have been waiting to see translated again to live-action screens.

Been putting this off because baby drama.

What's with ALL the shows doing kid drama?
Because women demand it?

There's a difference between true family and what you're calling baby drama.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2018 08:14 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
sad Not really. She was the secret "apple for teacher" crush of many young boys of my generation. And perhaps momentarily a wee bit more than that for some of our dads. Young, strong, beautiful, seemingly invincible ...

(please log in to view the image)

It's a bitter pill to see some of the most beloved hero and villain characters of our youth robbed by time, a reminder that only 2 fates are currently possible for men and women on this planet. Nice to know she is still alive and kicking, though

I do. Family people is how heroes of my generation were usually portrayed, and it is something many of us have been waiting to see translated again to live-action screens.

There's a difference between true family and what you're calling baby drama.

I think I know what you're getting at.

I would welcome some positive family portrayals. Just sick of the dysfunction on every corner.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 12:34 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

I think I know what you're getting at.

I would welcome some positive family portrayals. Just sick of the dysfunction on every corner.

But the CW makes its big money with all the Lethal Emo Tween Style Drama Bombs!

The stupid chicks eat dat shitz up!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 29th, 2018 12:53 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought the makeup was uneven and the hairpiece was atrocious.

Was nice to see Ursa from Superman II though.

Ursa?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 04:01 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

And it's a blue star. They make Kryptonians stronger. It's red that makes them weak.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 04:02 AM
Flyattractor

I miss the days when Red K could do LITERALLY anything.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 11:18 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ursa?

The Kryptonian lady alongside Zod in Superman 2. Same actress.

And it's a blue star. They make Kryptonians stronger. It's red that makes them weak.

Yeah it did seem weird that they didn't just use a red one instead.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 11:56 AM
bluewaterrider

These near Jump-the-shark level shenanigans were most likely permitted by the recent publicized loss of one of their main production talents. Best ignored. They've got a 2-month break coming up to recover and make a strong season finish.

2- J'onn can't go? Seriously?

See above.

it's a blue star. They make Kryptonians stronger. It's red that makes them weak.

Yeah it did seem weird that they didn't just use a red one instead.

Thought I lived in the past.

You guys got lost somewhere between 1998 and 2008.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen a Mark Waid preboot Rann-level UltraSupergirl too, but the producers are modeling this particular arc on DC's Nu52. You guys simply haven't done your reading. They've actually followed remarkably closely to the original comic book story.

Here, take a look:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:21 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Lena is so dumb...

She should've figured out by now that Kara is Supergirl

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 03:11 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote