KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

It's possible, in fact likely, that Lena HAS figured out that Kara is Supergirl.
Recall that Cat Grant figured it out long ago, revealed that fact to Kara, realized she made a mistake in doing so before Kara was comfortable in revealing that information after re-divining Kara's true identity, and has wisely kept that information to herself to the present, revealing it only through miss-able innuendo to her staff, but directly 4th wall to the audience.
(Cat divined James Olsen's identity as The Guardian and Barry Allen's identity as The Flash, too, incidentally, letting James himself know directly, and revealing her knowledge of Barry's true I.D. to Kara.)

Lena is being teased as a possible villain.
I think that's somewhat of a mistake, but I can easily see some episode where the "You never trusted me! You constantly lied to me and tried to deceive me!" heel-turn material gets trotted out.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 01:51 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Don't know if it's the writing or the acting but I cringe whenever the girls are sitting around pretending to be friends, it really feels forced.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 06:41 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
These near Jump-the-shark level shenanigans were most likely permitted by the recent publicized loss of one of their main production talents. Best ignored. They've got a 2-month break coming up to recover and make a strong season finish.

See above.

Thought I lived in the past.

You guys got lost somewhere between 1998 and 2008.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen a Mark Waid preboot Rann-level UltraSupergirl too, but the producers are modeling this particular arc on DC's Nu52. You guys simply haven't done your reading. They've actually followed remarkably closely to the original comic book story.

Here, take a look:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Just sounds like another thing the N52 should have left alone, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 07:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Testing out TurboImageHost because it seems to have wet the bed again.
All scans giving me a trio of options suggesting they've been deleted.
Only occurred hours to minutes ago, though,
and did so at least once before, even as the website itself shut down at roughly this time of year LAST year, too ...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 01:38 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

JLU J'onn talking about problematic music... Wonderful.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 08:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 06:40 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

This season was surprisingly having a good streak for the most part, but then I guess we had to have one like today that would end said streak, a padding episode about the ol’ gun control debate, ending with the outcome typical of these shows.

At least there’s only a couple episodes left this season. Cautiously optimistic as to how it ends.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 03:58 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

"Bad" episodes like this are not necessarily bad for the show as a whole.

They spark discussion and win attention.

Notice that, throughout the streak of "winners" you posted not one line about the show?

Now come something you don't like, and you post.

Reminds of me of reading some time where Marvel Comics deliberately tried to provoke negative reactions from fans with controversial stories.

Lets the people that need to know (execs, producers, the suits at CW, advertisers, etcetera) that this show DOES have fans, IS being viewed, and that folks ARE paying attention to it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 12:35 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Fair enough. Originally I was just gonna wait till the end of the season to post what I liked about it and whatnot, but that last episode particularly was difficult to sit through that I felt I had to comment on it while it was fresh in the mind, so if it seemed like I'm only here to post negatives about the show, that's not the intention.

I guess I'll be upfront by saying season 2 wasn't real memorable aside from the finale fight with a brainwashed Superman, but it's been the other way around this season so far for the most part. I had low expectations going in with this season, but glad those expectations were fairly well surpassed, and then some.

Just felt Arrow S5 did a better job with a gun control debate episode. This one kinda lost me when it was decided that the DEO dispose of all its weapons.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 10:25 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

The proposed disarmament is only for J'onn's division and only for lethal weapons.

They'll still have their Kryptonite, tasers, debilitating sonic transmitters, containment nets, stunners, battle suits, etcetera.

And one thing they DIDN'T bother to mention is they'll still have living weapons like Mon-El, M'Gann, Supergirl, and J'onnz himself.

Supergirl all by herself could easily unleash more damage than the average tank battalion. And what J'onn could do with his ability to read thoughts and to mind control others ...

I was actually sitting there, as J'onn tried to talk a villain down, thinking:

"This poor guy has NO idea what J'onn can and might DO to him if this effort fails ... this thug's refusal to fire on this supposed "unarmed" man is the only thing keeping him alive ..."

I'm wondering if the reality that J'onnz himself is potentially more dangerous than almost anything that could possibly be on that list of now-banned weapons was considered by the writers. It would actually be genius writing if they intended that kind of irony and address it at some point.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2018 02:40 AM
Flyattractor

Still no Lobo Gee App so Still No Care.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2018 05:51 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Decent finale. Like what the cliffhanger alluded to also if it's going where I think it is...

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 03:55 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Reign survived the earths core
She’s comparable in durability to Rebirth Superman

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 05:30 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 04:59 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

They turned Alex into an even more unlikable ****

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 07:02 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

People actually watch this? laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 12:18 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
People actually watch this? laughing out loud

This coming from the middle aged man who still watches He-Man.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 02:21 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
This coming from the middle aged man who still watches He-Man.
Hell yeah I grew up with he man. This is very sad. 39 is the new 25, kiddo.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 02:44 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up thumb up When you're right, you're right.

She-Ra, too. I'm not ashamed, Skeletor had some great cameos.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 03:12 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2018 04:20 PM