KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 21 22 [23]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

It's possible, in fact likely, that Lena HAS figured out that Kara is Supergirl.
Recall that Cat Grant figured it out long ago, revealed that fact to Kara, realized she made a mistake in doing so before Kara was comfortable in revealing that information after re-divining Kara's true identity, and has wisely kept that information to herself to the present, revealing it only through miss-able innuendo to her staff, but directly 4th wall to the audience.
(Cat divined James Olsen's identity as The Guardian and Barry Allen's identity as The Flash, too, incidentally, letting James himself know directly, and revealing her knowledge of Barry's true I.D. to Kara.)

Lena is being teased as a possible villain.
I think that's somewhat of a mistake, but I can easily see some episode where the "You never trusted me! You constantly lied to me and tried to deceive me!" heel-turn material gets trotted out.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 01:51 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Don't know if it's the writing or the acting but I cringe whenever the girls are sitting around pretending to be friends, it really feels forced.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 06:41 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
These near Jump-the-shark level shenanigans were most likely permitted by the recent publicized loss of one of their main production talents. Best ignored. They've got a 2-month break coming up to recover and make a strong season finish.

See above.

Thought I lived in the past.

You guys got lost somewhere between 1998 and 2008.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen a Mark Waid preboot Rann-level UltraSupergirl too, but the producers are modeling this particular arc on DC's Nu52. You guys simply haven't done your reading. They've actually followed remarkably closely to the original comic book story.

Here, take a look:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Just sounds like another thing the N52 should have left alone, tbh.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 07:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Testing out TurboImageHost because it seems to have wet the bed again.
All scans giving me a trio of options suggesting they've been deleted.
Only occurred hours to minutes ago, though,
and did so at least once before, even as the website itself shut down at roughly this time of year LAST year, too ...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 01:38 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

JLU J'onn talking about problematic music... Wonderful.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 08:31 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Old Post Apr 30th, 2018 06:40 PM