KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Well as long as there is Sam Witwer there is Hope.

Like how they gave an episode to his character background.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 04:33 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, it started off well enough too. I thought at first they were going to make him more nuanced, more subtle. More about what you perceive to be a good man's struggle against the sheer powerlessness that comes from living in a world with demigods and aliens.

Then he called someone a snowflake and I lost all hope.

The recent stuff with Jimmy MIGHT be a good sign though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 05:01 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

To me it seems like they're going for that, 'Any man can fall into this trap of hatred, don't be that man.' kind of angle.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Nov 15th, 2018 05:08 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

That guy from Two and a half men was cast as Lex Luthor
Mhttps://screenrant.com/supergirl-tv-show-cast-lex-luthor-jon-cryer/#leave-comment

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 16th, 2018 08:47 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Out of the box casting. But Lets see what he can do.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 03:51 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Hmmm, he can pull it off, looks-wise, but I have never seen that guy in a non-comedic role before, so I have no idea how well he can pull it off, acting-wise.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 04:22 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Cant be any worse than

Old Post Nov 17th, 2018 10:54 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Don't underestimate the CW.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 09:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Even with its shortcomings, CW has yet to disappoint me to the level most of the DCEU has.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2018 05:35 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Okay, I kinda missed the memo when I didn't realize Manchester Black was here in that earlier episode he first appeared in (I guess the lack of features like the purple hair made it harder to recognize him for me at first or I wasn't paying enough attention in the first scenes he was in), but now that I know it's him, especially with his methods in the last episode... He'll be an interesting side villain/anti-hero of this season for sure.

The moment with Supergirl and that pet dragon was fun too.

Jimmy this episode though. Ugh.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Nov 20th, 2018 at 06:28 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2018 06:22 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Agent Liberty minus his backstory episode has been incredibly wasted. Witwer is such a vastly superior actor to Melissa Benoist, just hearing her bland and emotionless line delivery during the interview/debate scene with his professor character was cringeworthy.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 25th, 2018 04:32 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yeah, he's just kinda there at the moment, so hoping he gets to do more the latter half of the season. At least Manchester Black is keeping me invested, to a point.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2018 10:33 AM
cdtm

Supergirl fired. laughing out loud

Why was she even an asset? Like she needs the paycheck, or can be stopped from heroing however she wants?

Is Brainiac 5 an asset? It not, there's an example of someone working with the DEO who isn't an asset.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2018 03:35 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Hmmm, he can pull it off, looks-wise, but I have never seen that guy in a non-comedic role before, so I have no idea how well he can pull it off, acting-wise.

Well, most actors can do more than what theyre best known for, so i’m not really worried (i know optimism isnt in style but still).
Cryer has a recurring role on NCIS as Dr. Cyril Taft, and is one of the rare characters that can put Mark Harmon’s iconic alpha male Gibbs in check.

Also, it’ll be neat seeing the one time Lenny Luthor filling his uncle’s shoes.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2018 05:15 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It definitely escalated between Manchester and Lockwood a bit faster than I expected. Was an alright episode to wrap things up on for now though before crossover event week happens next...

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2018 08:17 AM
Darth Thor

Its surprising that even with Sam Witwer this year, that Supergirl is still my least favourite Arrowverse show.

But glad her and Superman are part of the crossover which is always a nice Christmas present from the CW.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2018 11:34 AM
riv6672

Yeah, more so the tension between Supergirl and the President, who seems to be more interested in his numbers than who’s actually a threat. That seems like it’ll escalate.
I guess he doesn't realize Kara working w. the DEO is more a courtesy than anything.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2018 11:39 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Exactly Lmao. She doesnt need to work with them. Just like Superman never did.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2018 01:59 PM
riv6672

About the end of the ep./set up for the ELSEWORLDS crossover...

According to the linked site below, who say they did their best:
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: The dead heroes seen are: Star Girl, Brainiac 5, Huntress, Firestorm, 90s Captain Cold, Jesse Quick, The Ray, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Captain Cold, Smallville Green Arrow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicb...ead-dc-heroes-/

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2018 02:49 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Earth 90 Flash?

Flash from 1990 TV?

Am I the only one who got that Easter egg?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2018 02:59 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote