KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

waiting for the president to don Babylon 5 gear lol...

hoping Manchester black gets his powers thru lena

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 4th, 2018 03:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Melissa Benoist can’t act to save her life

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 4th, 2018 05:26 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

hot tho

Old Post Dec 4th, 2018 05:28 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Thought the crossover started and I want to watch that, so I watched this episode of Supergirl.

All I can say is thank f... for the Titans series.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2018 07:20 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I'm lagging behind a few episodes. Last season was kind of garbage for me, personally, and this season just hasn't gotten me very interested either. And there is still Flash, Arrow, Legends and Titans, which I do still all enjoy for the most part, so not like I am short on DC stuff to watch either.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2018 07:42 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Melissa can act. Shes been the best part of this show from day 1.

And yes shes attractive but id say more cute than hot.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2018 10:45 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^agree on both.
I swear its like ppl want these actors to spout Shakespeare or some shit.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hoping Manchester black gets his powers thru lena

Thats what i’m waiting on, too.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2018 11:33 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Honestly a great crossover. Monitor was great. And the teaser at the end for next year..Awesome

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 02:02 AM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Does that mean Batgirl is a go?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 03:15 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

great 3 part series... can't wait for more adventures of ruby as kate/batwoman

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 05:15 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Honestly a great crossover. Monitor was great. And the teaser at the end for next year..Awesome

Totally agree. They nailed it.

That was a satisfying conclusion.
As per usual, great character interplay, and they blew the bank on some nice action FX.
The Superman/Lois development reminds me that i read somewhere a CW Superman series HAS been discussed. It’d be nice to see the character done well.

And now the potential spoiler stuff.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ollie was of course awesome, as the weakest member of the group having the most badass ‘you’re gonna listen to me’ moment.
Secondary characters from all across the shows, and Psycho Pirate...oh Psycho Pirate. That shit gave me tingles.

On the 40th anniversary of the OG Superman movie, Barry and Kara give us their version of the cheesiest but most memorable moment in that movie. Sweet.

The Arrowverse is everything the DCEU could have been, if they’d really tried. Arrow and MoS premiered only 8 months apart, but the CW, on basically a shoestring budget (compared to what movies get to play with), using 90% secondary characters and actors, have managed to engagingly world build the **** out of their DC, and are now positioned to tackle the Holy Grail of the Company’s many classic stories next fall.
The DCEU? Not so much.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 06:16 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I did like how they marketed the Aquaman movie during this event though at least with Jason Momoa occasionally appearing on the commercials talking about Flash/Arrow. That was kinda cool admittedly.

The ending for me was eh, but was definitely hooked on the first two parts/episodes.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 09:50 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Superman got cucked hard in the show 😂
Basically Lois said the world and women are better because there’s “less conflict” and she’s better because she’s a woman, and Melissa Benoist made a cringeworthy statement about Black Suit Superman being “too scared” to be a girl. Seriously the writers are awful

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 07:46 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

On the flip side I love Ruby Rose as Batwoman and Hoechlin Superman and smiled when he picked up Lois from falling . I will be gladly watching Batwoman and if Superman ever gets his own show.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 07:47 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Given how Superman's been treated for awhile in this multiverse as a side character, is it really any surprise? If this Supes does ever get his own show though as rumored, then I'll start to have more hope for him.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 09:50 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Weakest of the three crossover episodes, mainly due to the typical Supergirl cringe one comes to expect from that show's writers. Also, the bit where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: they had the stand-off with Barry talking Ollie out of shooting the kryptonite arrow was dumb as hell. It's like the writers forgot that Barry can literally go intangible and phase through things, much like Amazo did through Superman's attacks in the first crossover episode.

Still a good crossover overall though, and I am looking forward to seeing where this arc leads further.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 03:31 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

On a random note, Brainiac 5 is OP as phuck. The guy solo'd [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Amazo, when it took two Kryptonians, a Flash and the Green Arrow working together and using Cisco's techno hax skills to defeat him earlier.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 06:20 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

^Variant power levels are a given in the Arrowverse, Brainy will likely be KO'd by an 11-year old girl next week.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 06:37 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Eh, yeah, there are some fluctuations, but I wouldn't go quite that far. Also, I kind of do doubt[SPOILER - highlight to read]: he did it purely via brute force alone, considering the previous fight. Probably applied his super brain to find some kind of weakness or soft spot no one else could detect. But still, the fact that he could figure out a way to stop him is extremely impressive and shows how dangerous Brainy can be.

The worst PIS power drop IMO still happened to Ragman on Arrow the one time. The guy consistently tanked hard impacts, bullets, arrows, explosions, and even survived nukes on two separate occasions, yet got one-shotted by Prometheus once for the sake of the plot of the episode (another member of the team needed to be the last one standing in that fight for plot reasons).

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Dec 13th, 2018 at 06:48 PM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2018 06:44 PM
cdtm

So is this supposed to be Smallville Clark?

I heard no on this, but is that official? (Stopped following Smallville around season 3, but I'm reading the wiki's. Surprised to learn a Supergirl exists in Smallville.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2018 08:18 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote