KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 26 27 [28] 29 30 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The more they try and parody Trump, the more they show they don't get Trump.

I mean, write him treating Kara to Five Guys.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 02:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
The more they try and parody Trump, the more they show they don't get Trump.

I mean, write him treating Kara to Five Guys.

^^^HELL yeah!
(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Your take would be much more realistic, yeah.

But bear in mind in reality they have a President right now who is all anti-immigration, and kept having a go at the Mayor of London for no other reason except that hes Brown and Muslim.

Nicely put.

In the end, realistic or not its how this President’s being portrayed. Its fiction. His actions dont -have- to be realistic persay. They just have to move the story along.
Wether that story’s any good is another matter.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 02:14 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ thumb up

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 02:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Sweet. SUPER sweet, even:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/...irls-lex-luthor

Old Post Jan 24th, 2019 04:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He looks shit. Wondering how they'll write him, though.

==

Nia's dream powers are magic then, I guess?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 03:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Why would you guess that?!?

And he looks SUPER.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 10:06 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Somehow, he becomes president.

Then talks about building a giant wall around Earth.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 10:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^and starts wearing a sentient hairpiece.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:14 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by riv6672
Why would you guess that?!?

And he looks SUPER.

Well, they're either not genetic, or they were just wrong about who can get them.

Like **** he does.

On a serious note, though, Brainy is imo the best written part of the show. We need more of him, even with his weird voice.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 11:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by -Pr-
Well, they're either not genetic, or they were just wrong about who can get them.

Like **** they are.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 11:52 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I'm used to them hitting me with diversity over and over again but is anybody on this show not LGTBQ?

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 12:44 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Lena Luthor is white and straight, so she's the only one that doesn't score any gay/trans/minority "points". Then again, she's a she, so that has some leeway with the writers in terms of scoring said "points" I imagine.

J'onn is Martian, and though he had a wife and a girlfriend, I can't see Martian sexuality being that restrictive. Nor should it be, mind you.

Alex is bi, I think? Or did they just say she's flat out gay? I don't recall.

Jimmy's black and, like Iris and Wally, reminds us all that Hollywood hates gingers.

Brainy, Kara, Clark are aliens too, which has been lumped in with everything else.

Lex will probably be straight, if for no other reason than he's the villain.

But jesus Christ, are they just going to take everything from Superman for this show? I mean, I've read that they are planning to make a Superman show, but they have a whole bunch of his supporting characters in this. Not to mention taking his villains too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 01:00 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Jimmy's black and, like Iris and Wally, reminds us all that Hollywood hates gingers

So you're saying... black is the new orange?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 01:06 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol. Nice.

But yeah, I did a quick list of Superman characters, or at least, characters who have had semi-major roles in Superman stories that have appeared in Supergirl:

Jimmy Olsen
Cat Grant
Maggie Sawyer
Mon-El
Various Legion members

Toyman
Hank Henshaw
Non
Livewire
General Lane
Silver Banshee
Miss Tessmacher
Mercy Graves
Morgan Edge
Parasite
Manchester Black
Lex Luthor

I mean, jaysus.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Jan 30th, 2019 at 01:21 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 01:09 PM
riv6672

Well its not like Superman is using them. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 01:37 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

lol. Nice.

But yeah, I did a quick list of Superman characters, or at least, characters who have had semi-major roles in Superman stories that have appeared in Supergirl:

Jimmy Olsen
Cat Grant
Maggie Sawyer
Mon-El
Various Legion members

Toyman
Hank Henshaw
Non
Livewire
General Lane
Silver Banshee
Miss Tessmacher
Mercy Graves
Morgan Edge
Parasite
Manchester Black
Lex Luthor

I mean, jaysus.

I'm okay with baddie appropriation, especially if it increases the chances of us getting 22 episodes of Superman Vs. Doomsday, which we won't but a lad can dream.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 01:47 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like **** he does.

On a serious note, though, Brainy is imo the best written part of the show. We need more of him, even with his weird voice.

He's like a less offensive, far funnier "The Good Doctor".

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 02:48 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Lena Luthor is white and straight, so she's the only one that doesn't score any gay/trans/minority "points". Then again, she's a she, so that has some leeway with the writers in terms of scoring said "points" I imagine.

J'onn is Martian, and though he had a wife and a girlfriend, I can't see Martian sexuality being that restrictive. Nor should it be, mind you.

Alex is bi, I think? Or did they just say she's flat out gay? I don't recall.

Jimmy's black and, like Iris and Wally, reminds us all that Hollywood hates gingers.

Brainy, Kara, Clark are aliens too, which has been lumped in with everything else.

Lex will probably be straight, if for no other reason than he's the villain.

But jesus Christ, are they just going to take everything from Superman for this show? I mean, I've read that they are planning to make a Superman show, but they have a whole bunch of his supporting characters in this. Not to mention taking his villains too.

Lex as a villain being a straight white male whose homophobic, transphobic, and everything under the sun would be typical of this show.

Right? I hope Superman's show doesn't get hit too hard by Supergirl already having a sizable amount of his supporting characters and rogue gallery.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 03:14 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I mean, I've read that they are planning to make a Superman show, but they have a whole bunch of his supporting characters in this. Not to mention taking his villains too.

Just rumours. I dont think a Superman spin off will happen, for the reasons you have pointed out. He and his related characters are all used to serve the SG show.

Perhaps a Lois and Clark away from Earth and raising their Super Baby show..

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 05:51 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by riv6672
Sweet. SUPER sweet, even:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/...irls-lex-luthor

The first thought that popped into my head when I saw that was Supergirl: Breaking Bad.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 06:14 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote