KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Supergirl

Supergirl
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « First ... « 29 30 [31] 32 33 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Well, so long Jimmy. You...really won’t be missed.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 12:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Eh, I like this Jimmy. He grew on me in this series quite easily, being a breath of fresh air from what we normally see him as. I doubt he'll be gone completely though; just fade in the background for awhile, appearing again here and there for the others to see his progress on the different path he chose. That said, odd how he and Lena just seemed to unceremoniously break up off-screen, from what I gathered.

At least Jimmy's actor here will be in the Mortal Kombat movie reboot (as Jax), so there's always that if we don't see him much more in this show. He's cool.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 05:19 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
At least Jimmy's actor here will be in the Mortal Kombat movie reboot (as Jax),

^^^I’d forgotten that! big grin

This season hasn’t been bad, but, it hasn’t been all that exciting either.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2019 10:44 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Okay, this last ep. i enjoyed. All the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: behind the scenes flashback stuff between Lena and Andrea and how it impacted Lex and the Superman Family was was pretty cool.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2019 07:30 PM
riv6672

I was really bummed at seeing the fallout between [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Supergirl and Lena this ep. I really hope they can salvage things down the road.
On the flip side it looks like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: J’onn and Malefic reconciled which is nice!

Old Post Nov 24th, 2019 01:30 PM
riv6672

Decent ep. this week, but the last few minutes were pretty good due to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: all the Crisis stuff. Monitor talking w. J’onn and Lex, and i’m Pretty sure we saw Nash Wells turned into Pariah.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 02:42 AM
Darth Thor

Next to Tom Welling and Brandon Routh, Tyler just doesnt look the part Imo.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2019 03:14 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

He’s lean and mean! stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 6th, 2019 10:54 AM
riv6672

The new Superman and Lois show’s been picked up...:

https://deadline.com/2020/01/superm...1202830309/amp/

I know ppl have ragged on Hoechlin, especially in comparison to Brandon Routh’s Superman, but i’ll Check the new show out. The CW’s rarely disappointed me with its DC properties.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 03:37 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Walker Texas Ranger reboot? That's a thing too? Huh...

Resisting urge to make Chuck Norris jokes aside, not sure am really feeling it with the Stargirl show. It just seems kinda there, and while I have some familiarity with her, she just seems like one of the B tier heroes or so. Who knows though, maybe the pilot will surprise me.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2020 04:14 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Star Girl’s one i’m Curious about. It could be cheesy but, we’ll see.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 10:02 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

It's not the same Star Girl who has previously appeared in the Arrowverse though, that girl was fine.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 12:55 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Meant actress, obvs.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 12:56 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
It's not the same Star Girl who has previously appeared in the Arrowverse though, that girl was fine.

The new Star Girl is hot.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 03:41 PM
cdtm

Very hot.

Is she drinking age? They're going for an older Stargirl, comic is something like Billy Batson's age (Lead to a funny admonishment from the JSA old guard about Cap flirting with someone half his age)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2020 03:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well the actress is 20, which means she’s what, Hollywood 14? stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 12:37 AM
cdtm

When did the president become a woman again? Last I watched the show, some guy was threatening Supergirl to take a loyalty oath.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 02:46 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

cdtm: What the Hell am I lookin’ at? When does this happen in the show?
Riv6672: Now. Whatever you’re looking at now, is happening now.
cdtm: Well, what happened to then?
Riv6672: We just passed it.
cdtm: When?
Riv6672: Just now.
cdtm: Well, go back to then.
Riv6672: We can’t.
cdtm: Why not?
Riv6672: We already passed it.
cdtm: When will then be now?
Riv6672: Soon.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2020 04:30 AM
riv6672

The first Post Crisis ep. was pretty damn fun.

We get more fallout from the event, as it drives both the A and B plot. We get more Lex, which is awesome, and Jesse Rath really got a chance to shine.

Also, I never connected the fact that he and HAWAII 5-0’s Meaghan Rath are siblings!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2020 10:28 AM
riv6672

Mxyzptlk as a plot device was a great way to celebrate the show’s 100th ep.
Lots of Easter eggs, some cameos, and alt realities galore. Alex took a back seat to Lena this time out, but I get it, as the Lens angle is the one that’s pivotal this season.
Really though, this was a smart fun hour this week.

Thomas Lennon as Mxyzptlk was pretty fun. He also played Amazo on JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION, so he’s got his DC bad guy cred down!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2020 03:49 AM