KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Major Force Vs Namor

Major Force Vs Namor
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)

Nice showing.

I could see Namor doing about as well, though. Like Kris said, Hal can job. Wonder Woman being one example (She treated his constructs like tinfoil. And under Johns.)

I

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 12:54 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

Am I the only one who don't see what you're seeing?

That is Major Force dominating Hal at all?

Unless 3 to 4 of the last panels where hal is pummeling MJ without so much a fightback is dominating.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 01:18 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Always thought it as a wacky feat for Kyle.. And partly Manitou.

Gamemnae's comment was in regards to them being a threat to him. They were also just resurrected at that point. Etrigan and the purple chick gave them some time to recover however. We also see a scene a few pages later where the gang is chilling and Supes stating he needed just a few minutes more to recover.. The sun being strong that day or whatever..

It must already been moving hence the need for them to pull it back. I think the scene where Supes says it's back in control before the part he said "we were losing it" meant it's back in orbit.

What you think is irrelevant. The same writer had Superman overpower Kyle's unleashed ID amped by ion power quite convincingly while he was going all out. Now all of a sudden he was more powerful than all three of them combined? BS.

Haha, no. It was specifically about strength.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/160...bin_30.jpg.html

And few more minutes, which he didn't got. We have already gone over this and you are just pulling assumptions out of your behind just like then. Prove that he was at full power then, I'll wait.

He said "it's back in control but we were losing it". That would only make sense if they had moved it back but couldn't keep in orbit. Otherwise they never had it in control. And "losing it" doesn't mean they didn't move it. Where is the proof that didn't move the earth in orbit celey?

Last edited by abhilegend on Mar 9th, 2015 at 02:47 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 02:44 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by cdtm
Nice showing.

I could see Namor doing about as well, though. Like Kris said, Hal can job. Wonder Woman being one example (She treated his constructs like tinfoil. And under Johns.)

I

DCnU Wonder woman is above namor by quite a bit.
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Am I the only one who don't see what you're seeing?

That is Major Force dominating Hal at all?

Unless 3 to 4 of the last panels where hal is pummeling MJ without so much a fightback is dominating.

What? Hal attacked force from behind after he bitchslapped him for quite some time and had him on his knees before that.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 02:50 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

Originally posted by abhilegend
DCnU Wonder woman is above namor by quite a bit.
What? Hal attacked force from behind after he bitchslapped him for quite some time and had him on his knees before that.

On the ropes? You mean after he dropped that car which Hal promptly shrugged off?

Its a good showing of MF's strength (breaking out of the constructs) and durability, not to take that away from him but dominating? Hell no. Thats hardly Hal's best either.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 03:24 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

On the ropes? You mean after he dropped that car which Hal promptly shrugged off?

Its a good showing of MF's strength (breaking out of the constructs) and durability, not to take that away from him but dominating? Hell no. Thats hardly Hal's best either.

Hal didn't shrug that off. He was already on his knees. And after that Force punched him down to the point Major Victory had to intervene after which he ripped his arm off while Hal was still down.

Yeah, it's dominating all right.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 03:30 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

What you think is irrelevant. The same writer had Superman overpower Kyle's unleashed ID amped by ion power quite convincingly while he was going all out. Now all of a sudden he was more powerful than all three of them combined? BS.

Haha, no. It was specifically about strength.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/160...bin_30.jpg.html

And few more minutes, which he didn't got. We have already gone over this and you are just pulling assumptions out of your behind just like then. Prove that he was at full power then, I'll wait.

He said "it's back in control but we were losing it". That would only make sense if they had moved it back but couldn't keep in orbit. Otherwise they never had it in control. And "losing it" doesn't mean they didn't move it. Where is the proof that didn't move the earth in orbit celey?

Sure why not. High end feat.

Sure he did. He and the others most probably received minutes of rest since we see Supes say "just a few MORE minutes"... Which also implies he needed a few minutes more to at least get close to what is considered to be restored. And we know Etri and the purple chick bought them extra time after Supe's statement. Them being weakened to describe their physical state before the pulling attempt doesn't really fly here.

The back under control statement implies that it was stable... Back in proper orbit... I don't think they ever had it in control before that. Like I said, maybe they slowed its falling out of orbit. Maybe they were going to pull it back. But in the end Kyle and Manitou Raven didn't give them that chance.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 04:11 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Sure why not. High end feat.

Sure he did. He and the others most probably received minutes of rest since we see Supes say "just a few MORE minutes"... Which also implies he needed a few minutes more to at least get close to what is considered to be restored. And we know Etri and the purple chick bought them extra time after Supe's statement. Them being weakened to describe their physical state before the pulling attempt doesn't really fly here.

The back under control statement implies that it was stable... Back in proper orbit... I don't think they ever had it in control before that. Like I said, maybe they slowed its falling out of orbit. Maybe they were going to pull it back. But in the end Kyle and Manitou Raven didn't give them that chance.

That's not an answer. That's just you shrugging the actual explanation given in the comic off. Kyle is in no way or form that powerful under Joe Kelly.

Just a few more minutes, which he didn't get as they were immediately trying to pull the earth back. Bottom line is they were not at full power as explained in the comic itself. Of course it does. And Superman never said he will get back at fill power in a few minutes either. Another assumption.

Yeah, nobody gives a shit about what you think. Give a proof. Maybe wouldn't fly here.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 04:19 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

That's not an answer. That's just you shrugging the actual explanation given in the comic off. Kyle is in no way or form that powerful under Joe Kelly.

Just a few more minutes, which he didn't get as they were immediately trying to pull the earth back. Bottom line is they were not at full power as explained in the comic itself. Of course it does. And Superman never said he will get back at fill power in a few minutes either. Another assumption.

Yeah, nobody gives a shit about what you think. Give a proof. Maybe wouldn't fly here.

Wait what did you think Kyle did there?

They didn't immediately start pulling the earth. Bottom line is they weren't weakened in the same sense you are teying to portray. Also I never said full power. What is FULL power anyway? Supes waking up after an afternoon nap in the beach. lol...

You keep bringing up the word proof. Where on panel does it state that they pulled the planet back in orbit?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 04:30 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Dat Kyle.

And the Jokerized Kyle was only a construct of his.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 05:00 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Wait what did you think Kyle did there?

They didn't immediately start pulling the earth. Bottom line is they weren't weakened in the same sense you are teying to portray. Also I never said full power. What is FULL power anyway? Supes waking up after an afternoon nap in the beach. lol...

You keep bringing up the word proof. Where on panel does it state that they pulled the planet back in orbit?

What do you mean?

They were stated to be weakened and there was no indication that they were back to full strength. Diana even asks "will we be strong enough to do that?" I'm still waiting for the proof that they were at full power.

They were pulling the earth back in as Wally had to absorb the pressure it put on the planet. They couldn't hold it there though. When Monitou Raven sacrificed his life to bring the water back and brought Kyle back to life, it was restored. You are saying that they were just putting all their efforts to nothing? Got any proof?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 05:12 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by "Id"
Dat Kyle.

And the Jokerized Kyle was only a construct of his.

It was his repressed ID just like Oblivion was. We know how powerful they can be.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 05:13 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

What do you mean?

They were stated to be weakened and there was no indication that they were back to full strength. Diana even asks "will we be strong enough to do that?" I'm still waiting for the proof that they were at full power.

They were pulling the earth back in as Wally had to absorb the pressure it put on the planet. They couldn't hold it there though. When Monitou Raven sacrificed his life to bring the water back and brought Kyle back to life, it was restored. You are saying that they were just putting all their efforts to nothing? Got any proof?

U know wut I mean.

Again with this FULL strength. They were given time to recover.

They just decided to pull a planet. Why else would she ask that question?

Provide proof they pulled it back in proper orbit. Burden is on you.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 05:45 AM
Sixth_Winged

Hal didn't shrug that off. He was already on his knees. And after that Force punched him down to the point Major Victory had to intervene after which he ripped his arm off while Hal was still down.

Yeah, it's dominating all right.

He shrugged it off. Its as plain as day.

No indication of pain or damage whatsoever and he launched an attack almost as soon as he got buried in the debris.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 05:55 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

U know wut I mean.

Again with this FULL strength. They were given time to recover.

They just decided to pull a planet. Why else would she ask that question?

Provide proof they pulled it back in proper orbit. Burden is on you.

No, I don't. I don't think you do either.

And no indication that they were back to full strength considering Diana questions their strength just before that page.

Because they knew that they weren't at full strength.

You are the one disputing it as the comic shows them moving it. They were losing it after that.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 07:01 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He shrugged it off. Its as plain as day.

No indication of pain or damage whatsoever and he launched an attack almost as soon as he got buried in the debris.

Agree to disagree at this point.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 07:01 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by h1a8
Didn't Superman move the Earth with Hal using more than 100 Earth weights of force combined?

Superman and Hal. Don't know about your calcs though. I know it "weighed more"(or had more mass)than the one that involves these 3 since it didn't lose water.

They were towing Earth against Starbreaker sending it to the Sun. I though only saw it as Hal providing the construct for Superman to tow Earth. He was dealing enough with keeping it together between Starbreaker and Superman essentially playing tug-of-war with it.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 12:46 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Delta1938
They were towing Earth against Starbreaker sending it to the Sun. I though only saw it as Hal providing the construct for Superman to tow Earth. He was dealing enough with keeping it together between Starbreaker and Superman essentially playing tug-of-war with it.

Sometimes you have to take off those Superman glasses so you can see feats objectively. stick out tongue
Kidding aside...

Hal - "YOU AND I are the only two strong enough to do it"
Hal - "WE'VE got to pull the planet back into place"
Clark - "Just ADD YOUR POWER to mine Hal, and LET'S do this crazy thing"

With statements like these , it would be crazy to not view that feat as shared when it came to providing the force.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Mar 9th, 2015 at 02:00 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 01:53 PM
krisblaze

ffs

Take your thor vs superman shit to another thread.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 02:04 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Originally posted by krisblaze
Superman, MM and WW moved earth.

Superman moved the moon but needed a GL harness so that the moon wouldn't break iirc.

Thor and hercules generated enough kinetic energy to knock the earth out of orbit by arm wrestling,each of them have lifted earth sized objects before,hercules the earth itself as part of his labour,thor the midgard serpant that was the size of the earth. Hulk has shown to be physically superior to thor in brute strength department. How u can call them jokes,is beyond me

OT, namor has tanked nukes to the face,organic unfriendly portals among others,he has shown to shrug off hits from heavy hitters such as hercules,thor,savage hulk and even sentry,recently he withstood a blackbolt scream and recovered in a aanel,t'challa said this was due to his unique genetic makeup,so hw hard does major force hit? On an average day that is

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 02:35 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote