KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Masters of the Universe reboot

Masters of the Universe reboot
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

What about King Hiss? Didn't see that much of the original cartoon but I remember him being the other major player besides Skeletor in the early 2000's one.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 06:06 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

He was 2nd season. Hordak was going to be 3rd. But this is just going be a He-Man take on Fan4Tastic just so Sony(?) can hold on to the rights so Mattel don't get them back.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 07:07 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What is the point in a MotU movie when there is no actor in the world who can be buff enough to play He-Man and even if there were, we'd never get the leather thong BDSM outfit he deserves.

Only way I'd pay money to watch this film is if they cast Channing Tatum as He-Man and then CGI'd him into a Buff McHuge muscular twink.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 07:28 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

You want to see Channing Tatum in a Leather Thong?

Dude/dudette/DudeItEtte.....You got issues...Horrible HORRIBLE Issues.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 07:33 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Buff niggas in thongs is literally the only appeal Masters of the Universe has as a setting.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 08:11 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
What is the point in a MotU movie when there is no actor in the world who can be buff enough to play He-Man and even if there were, we'd never get the leather thong BDSM outfit he deserves.

Only way I'd pay money to watch this film is if they cast Channing Tatum as He-Man and then CGI'd him into a Buff McHuge muscular twink.

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 08:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Oh there are much gayer pics of the old He-Man toon out there then that.

But then Filmation was very, Very Gay.

Old Post May 23rd, 2017 09:28 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Maybe the failure of Power Rangers will convince people this cheese is better left in the past. It will be seen as a sillier version of MCU's Thor.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 24th, 2017 01:41 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Could always base it on the recent DC series from Dan Abnett, Rather then the old 80's cartoon.

Old Post May 24th, 2017 01:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by roughrider
Maybe the failure of Power Rangers will convince people this cheese is better left in the past. It will be seen as a sillier version of MCU's Thor.

Power Rangers was generally received alright from what I saw. Mixed with some old fans including myself at worst, but I still enjoyed it. Definitely a more faithful and careful reboot than the couple TMNT films in recent years.

Old Post May 24th, 2017 02:31 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Originally posted by Robtard
TBF, Thor is a poor-man's He-Man stick out tongue

No he isn't.
He Man is unique in his own way including a ally that can transform into a huge animal.

I'm hoping this is a serious version that is mostly in Eternia not in the earth dimension which most of the original movie was.
Also He Man should use his sword for most of the movie.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post May 24th, 2017 10:52 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

smh He-Man and Thor aren't that similar beneath the surface.

Old Post May 24th, 2017 11:01 PM
Darth Thor

From McG to Goyer:

https://movieweb.com/amp/masters-of...-david-s-goyer/

Is there a reason they can’t land a good director for this?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 07:32 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Probably because no good director wants to do it.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 07:38 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

The 2002 series is amazing, too bad it got cancelled.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 07:40 PM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Slowpoke
The 2002 series is amazing, too bad it got cancelled.

Was very cheesy and kiddish at times, but the He-Man mythology they set up was great.

Originally posted by playa1258
Probably because no good director wants to do it.

Just get an unknown then. But why pick people we know have directed bad sci-fi and superhero films?

And no idea why Goyer would do this when he says Martian Manhunter is too goofy to work on the big screen.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 07:51 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Was very cheesy and kiddish at times, but the He-Man mythology they set up was great.

It was amazing and much better than the old show.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 08:09 PM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
And no idea why Goyer would do this when he says Martian Manhunter is too goofy to work on the big screen.

Yeah thats pretty silly.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 08:26 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

wanna see who is cast first

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 09:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

80s He Man is great.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2017 10:30 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote