KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Would Luke have actually fallen...

Would Luke have actually fallen...
Started by: Angelalex242

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Angelalex242

Would Luke have actually fallen...

If he'd struck Sidious down?

"I am unarmed, defenseless. Take your jedi weapon. Strike me down and your journey to the Dark Side will be complete..."

BS you're unarmed, Sidious, you're the most powerful Sith in history, full stop.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

He would't have. He tried and Vader intervened.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2015 08:41 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace Hambone

So did Vader save Luke from falling?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 10:51 AM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

In a way, yes. The pivotal scene was of course that after using all his anger to defeat Vader, Luke was confronted with the fate that awaited him if he continued that way.

To me, Luke is the true chosen one, not Anakin. "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny", Yoda said. Luke was the first to get off that path. He was way more powerful than Vader. Vader followed by example.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2015 11:04 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace Hambone

Right. A case could be made for either or both. You could say that Vader is still the Chosen One, because his actions brought balance back to the force, but Luke is the one who embodied that balance.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 04:53 AM
Click here to Send Ace Hambone a Private Message Find more posts by Ace Hambone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I know. I never liked the 'chosen one' angle, it feels contrived and in the end, when it comes to bringing balance Vader is not making the major steps here. Yes, he chucks the Emperor down the reactor. But he was distracted by Luke who openly defied and resisted the Emperor. Luke is the real hero to me.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 12:11 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Agreed, queeq. thumb up

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 04:46 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ace Hambone

Yep.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 05:00 PM
queeq
Chaos

Vote Luke for The Chosen one!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 07:31 PM
Ace Hambone

thumb up

Old Post Mar 9th, 2015 02:29 AM
BobaFett117
Boba Fett

Meh, couldn't care less. I hated ROTJ.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 03:50 AM
Click here to Send BobaFett117 a Private Message Find more posts by BobaFett117 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It has some excellent stuff, and some more PT styled stuff…

Old Post Apr 8th, 2015 08:58 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BobaFett117
Meh, couldn't care less. I hated ROTJ.
But RotS, though, man... crème de la crème.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2015 01:43 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

hehehe

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:33 AM