KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Why did everyone think Lex Luthor sent the silver kryptonite in Smallville: Splinter

Why did everyone think Lex Luthor sent the silver kryptonite in Smallville: Splinter
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

Why did everyone think Lex Luthor sent the silver kryptonite in Smallville: Splinter

There's one rather big plot hole in Smallville season 5: Episode 7 - Splinter.

There's some really bad writing that doesn't make sense. Read on and I'll explain.

OK... So in Splinter... Here's wha happened....

A Silver meteor rock was sent to Lana, which claimed to be from Lex. However, Lex said he didn't send it.

Later on when it made Clark paranoid, everyone thought Lex was responsible for sending it, even though we (the audience) know it was Milton Fine A.K.A Braniac who sent it.

However, there's a gap in logic here. It wouldn't make a whole lot sense for it to be Lex.
Firstly, if Lex sent the rock and didn't want anyone to know he did, why would he sign his name? It doesn't make any sense. Lex is a smart guy. He wouldn't be so sloppy as to sign his name on something that he didn't want anyone to know he sent.
Secondly, what reason would he have for sending it? There's no way he could possibly know that it would make Clark paranoid is there?
Thirdly, Lana seems to think Lex sent it to break her and Clark up. But come on!! How is making Clark paranoid going to do this? It's just going to make him a threat to Lana and to him.

While, I did enjoy the episode, this whole thing makes no sense whatsoever! Why does everyone think it was Lex? What reason would there be? Am I missing something? I there a reason why it could be Lex? Can someone exlplain the logic behind everyone thinking it was Lex, because it just doesn't make any sense to me!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2015 01:53 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote