KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star Wars: Rogue One

Star Wars: Rogue One
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Star Wars: Rogue One

Well we have an official title for the first stand alone:

http://www.starwars.com/news/rogue-...linkId=12857863

Old Post Mar 12th, 2015 08:20 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

They should have called it rogue squadron. Like the game.

Anyway, there going to make a bunch of movies until they start to suck or when they stop making money

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 02:34 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Or we get good and sucky movies. Like the ST movies.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 02:18 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Or we get good and sucky movies. Like the ST movies.

...and the SW movies wink

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well Marvel has managed like 90% of their movies being Good-Great, so seen as SW has the same parent company, that's not an impossibility.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 03:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well Marvel has managed like 90% of their movies being Good-Great,

i assume you mean disney's marvel, specifically. still disagree tho.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Mar 13th, 2015 at 04:38 PM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 04:35 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i assume you mean disney's marvel, specifically.

Yes, well Marvel Studios. I think IM1 was put out by Marvel studios before Disney bought Marvel.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 04:48 PM
ares834

Well Marvel has managed like 90% of their movies being Good-Great, so seen as SW has the same parent company, that's not an impossibility.

I really hope they are considerably better than most Marvel films.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 04:52 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834
I really hope they are considerably better than most Marvel films.

That may be expecting a bit much with a new SW film every year.

I would expect the main Trilogy to be Avengers level but Ignoring the IM and Thor sequels I'd be pretty happy with Marvel Studios quality overall.

What I'm not holding them to is A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back quality every year. That's a bit much to demand even with the main Trilogy Imho.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 06:05 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

We should get a new trilogy/standalone film section(s) of KMC, if that's possible.

As for the film, I hope Gareth does a good job, 'cause personally I thought Gidzilla was pretty lame.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 06:29 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by |King Joker|

As for the film, I hope Gareth does a good job, 'cause personally I thought Gidzilla was pretty lame.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 07:44 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I read that Disney is gonna release like 20 books or something between ep 6 and ep 7. Ok, sure, that's fine in the eu. However, are these Disney movies only gonna be canon now? Or all movies and books? Or no movie or book at all? So confused.....

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 01:03 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

but is it EU? disney sets the rules now, so it's up to them i think.

know what? forget it. where did i put that 40' pole...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 01:12 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The new books along with the standalone films and they new trilogy are all considered canon.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 01:37 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

whoa! source?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 01:57 AM
Darth Thor

whoa! source?

Not sure if you were joking but here:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/04/di...universe-novels

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 03:23 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Not sure if you were joking but here:

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/04/di...universe-novels

was not joking at all. thanks for the info.

i hope that means that they are willing to accept the responsability of no contradictions.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 03:36 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yep. Messed up. Ep7-9 thought might be canon, but whats a standalone movie?

Last edited by JediRobin23 on Mar 14th, 2015 at 03:51 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 03:47 AM
Darth Thor

was not joking at all. thanks for the info.

i hope that means that they are willing to accept the responsability of no contradictions.

That's my fear, that they're going to put out so much material(20 new novels being set between Episodes 6 and 7 announced this week) that they decide to go back to the G-Canon, T-canon, C-canon rubbish as soon as the inevitable contradictions start popping up.

Star Trek's another huge Universe that has had plenty of contradictions over the decades. It will happen, it's bound to. But treat it like Star Trek does- Which is to say "That's a mistake which we will just ignore. Maybe we will come up with an explanation for it. Maybe we won't. Either way we try our best to be consistent and treat everything as canon."

What Star Trek has never said is "Oh well in case of contradictions the Star Trek movies take precedence over The Next Generation movies which take precedence over the Original series which takes precedence over the Next Generation series which takes precedence over Deep Space Nine e.t.c e.t.c.".

No, all the Star Trek series and movies were canon. Any contradictions are simply mistakes. It's OK to have mistakes. So now Disney has announced Every new Star Wars material in any medium is just as Canon as the other, I really hope they stick to that.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 04:01 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Hmmm.. Ep1-6, absolute canon. Anything else we see, fans decide......

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 04:15 AM