KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Wrath Runs the Gauntlet

Wrath Runs the Gauntlet
Started by: Col. Valerian

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

It said "some of which" are too dangerous for you on your own. Not every single flashpoint for every single player. Some players are perfectly capable of soloing Malgus as a Republic Trooper, and nowhere is it stated that this scenario, which has it's own unique dialogue, is necessarily impossible.

It probably seems clear to you because you have forsaken the good name of Tenebrous and developed a soft spot for bald failures. Repent, my brother. Repent before it is too late.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 05:05 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

They've already conceded, ILS, given they refuse to provide the information asked for yet continue to reply. I assume these are just really long wided ways of saying, "You're right and I'm so very, very wrong." No need to rub it in.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 05:21 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed, best not to do that.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 05:24 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
It said "some of which" are too dangerous for you on your own. Not every single flashpoint for every single player.

When it states "some of which", it refers missions in general, which flashpoints are a subset of. It's explicitly referring flashpoints as these "some of which".

quote:
Flashpoints
The galaxy is filled with perilous adventures, some of which are simply too dangerous for you to tackle on your own; you will need to group together with your allies in order to take on some of the most challenging missions in the galaxy! These missions are called “Flashpoints,”

quote:
Some players are perfectly capable of soloing Malgus as a Republic Trooper, and nowhere is it stated that this scenario, which has it's own unique dialogue, is necessarily impossible.

Perhaps because these are gameplay mechanics? Mechanics that conflict with the very definition of Flashpoint and, if taken as "canon", would render the whole feature of a Flashpoint - and it's reason to be - irrelevant - both gameplay-wise and story-wise.

quote:
It probably seems clear to you because you have forsaken the good name of Tenebrous and developed a soft spot for bald failures. Repent, my brother. Repent before it is too late.

Any character whose objective is to wage eternal warfare deserves a soft spot, although with my newfound infatuation with Mace, Malgus will probably be relegated to second fiddle in the future. sad

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 05:24 AM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

And yet, you can do flashpoints on your own, so that statement is incorrect. Likely because it wasn't intended to be looked at so hyper-literally.

Story-wise, unique dialogue was written for every class when soloing Malgus, so that argument is flawed. Gameplay mechanic-wise, flashpoints very much serve their purpose, as they are designed to be more challenging than normal missions, which encourages group play. Again, though, no refutation has been offered to the simple fact Malgus is susceptible the cunning Smuggler or the brute-force power of the Republic Trooper.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 05:33 AM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

That dialogue is as non-canon as the Endor DLC.

"Captain Sarkli." "My liege?" "Take your troops and destroy the clone."

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 04:13 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote