KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Emperor Palpatine vs. Darth Vader & Darth Malgus

Emperor Palpatine vs. Darth Vader & Darth Malgus
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
(these thing have armor strong enough to be unscathed by turbolasers...).

Where's that from? :hmm

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 03:36 AM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by The Merchant
Anyone can post or at least give the source to Vader destroying an AT-ST?
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/22147777/001.png.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/22147778/002.png.html

Last edited by |King Joker| on Mar 18th, 2015 at 03:51 AM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 03:46 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
[B]
And Savage had Maul with him. Didn't stop Sidious from stomping them without even taking them seriously.

That fight took several minutes and required him to split them up before he took them down.

And here? Both fighters are better than either of those two, *way* better than Savage.

quote:

Sidious being vastly faster than them, and having far better precognition and reflexes, the chances of him taking out a weak link before they read each other's mind to decide to combine their powers, are far greater.

Problem, range. At a distance, there's all the more time to react and defend against whatever he's throwing.

Precog should be an area of fairly small gap. Physical speed and precog are two different things, and Anakin has good precog. He's never had problem reacting to a fast person.

I'll note how Talzin + Maul was able to clash with Sidious at ranged force, and expected to win were it not for Dooku joining in.

quote:

Though, that would be a possibility if they had prep, plan ahead, and do it at the start, but in up close combat, it would be much more difficult, especially when they, individually, will be on constant guard to protect themselves from any form of attack Sidious will throw. In other words, for them to pull that off, would require very coordinated team work, which I don't see being the case with them.

Up close, they're both *very* good saber masters, it's their specialties, and Sidious needs to defend himself from heavy blows constantly while only using the strength of one arm in each block.

While a win is possible, if he can wound one of 'em early enough, it is a rough spot indeed and I do believe it favors the duo.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 04:02 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

DP stated that Darth Vader is seemingly portrayed as Sidious's equal based on that single showing. I wasn't comparing them to Vader. Vader has always been depicted as more powerful than Maul or Savage, and that's including their EU showings. Even if we restrict Sidious and Vader to canon only, Sidious domination over Maul and Savage simultaneously, and Dooku across the galaxy beats Vader's showing by far, as I doubt we'll see Vader replicate such domination over characters of such caliber.

Except, I'd say it's more impressive then either as it completely eclipses anything Maul/Savage or Dooku has done.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 04:14 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Force Lightning of Sidious' degree is too much for either of them to withstand whilst closing down a 50 meter distance.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 04:16 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

People are forgetting he has already TPed Vader, and Vader is more powerful has superior telepath feats to Malgus as is.

He can literally bring any of them down to their knees, aside from ragdolling them or blitzing them

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 12:50 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Where are you that from? Quote? Source?

There was a description from Lords of the Sith that made it sound like that. It sounded like that to a few people, but can't find it now. Will see when the book comes out now (next month).

No, Sidious casually dominating Maul and Savage simultaneously, and Dooku across the galaxy is still the best in terms of strict canon.

But Vader has the best "lifting" feat.

Mace's fodder team was irrelevant to Mace's victory over Sidious, so bad example.

EDIT: Not sure why you'd even want to use Mace vs Sidious as an example for your argument. If Sidious crushes Vader's team that swiftly, Vader is done for. It would be a stomp.

Because I think they did effect the fight with Mace, given Sidious was dominating the beginning of that fight, so those first extra 7 seconds concentrating solely on Mace could have made the difference.

You think Sidious vs Vader 1 on 1 would be a Stomp? You don't think Sidious would beat him with difficulty?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 03:44 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Q99
That fight took several minutes and required him to split them up before he took them down.

By this logic, Krayt required dark transfer to beat Cade.

Originally posted by Q99
And here? Both fighters are better than either of those two, *way* better than Savage.

I'd like for you to prove this.

Maul is on par with Vader in terms of saber prowess.

Originally posted by Q99
Problem, range. At a distance, there's all the more time to react and defend against whatever he's throwing.

You do realize direct application of TK happens instantly? If Maul and Savage can't defend against it while it's being divided between them, then Malgus has no hope.

As far as lightning, peak Malgus (after he killed Aleema) got burned while blocking a lightning attack from Adraas, whose lightning doesn't even begin to compare to Sidious'. Sidious blasted Yoda's lightsaber right out of his hands, so I don't think Malgus's saber defense is good enough here.

Originally posted by Q99
Precog should be an area of fairly small gap. Physical speed and precog are two different things, and Anakin has good precog. He's never had problem reacting to a fast person.

Yeah, he's never fought anyone as fast as Sidious, and he's certainly not on par with Sidious speedwise, otherwise there'd had been no fight between him and Obi Wan. Obi Wan would go down to Sidious as easily as the B-team.

You only need slightly better precognition and be a great deal faster for it to matter.

Instead of just stating what you think, you need to back it up a bit more. You're argument basically: "these two are good fighters and powerful, and see Sidious fought Maul and Savage for several minutes; oh and these guys are strong."

Originally posted by Q99
I'll note how Talzin + Maul was able to clash with Sidious at ranged force, and expected to win were it not for Dooku joining in.

Talzin at the heart of her power is on par with Sidious evidently. Using her, especially at the heart of her nightsister power, is a bad example. Well, actually Sidious was powering through her lightning within a few panels until Maul joined in, and I don't remember anything implying they'd have overpowered him. The help of weakened Dooku, who was using only one hand was enough to kill them both once Talzin's shield was overpowered/down according to her.

Different scenario here, and I doubt Malgus would want to tangle with Sidious in a lightning contest. And we know Vader doesn't have lightning.

Originally posted by Q99
Up close, they're both *very* good saber masters, it's their specialties, and Sidious needs to defend himself from heavy blows constantly while only using the strength of one arm in each block.

He casually dealt with Savage's and Maul's strength without feeling the need to go all out and while enjoying himself. He won't have a problem here. And if he does, he can always resort to heavy force usage, something he didn't do against Maul and Savage, assuming he even allows them to get up close.

Sidious also blitzed through a team of *very* good saber masters, so you need to come up with something better.

Originally posted by Q99
While a win is possible, if he can wound one of 'em early enough, it is a rough spot indeed and I do believe it favors the duo.

Ok.

Except, I'd say it's more impressive then either as it completely eclipses anything Maul/Savage or Dooku has done.

Being far more impressive than them in TK isn't the same as being able to casually ragdoll them with it. Don't know how the new canon is going to depict power levels, but for all of Vader's raw TK feats in the old canon, he's never ragdolled two Maul level opponents at once or a Dooku level character from across the galaxy, whereas Sidious has done both very easily.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
There was a description from Lords of the Sith that made it sound like that. It sounded like that to a few people, but can't find it now. Will see when the book comes out now (next month).

No, it didn't. Not from what I recall.

But Vader has the best "lifting" feat.

He's always had better "lifting" feats than Sidious. Dooku, Maul and Savage do to.

Because I think they did effect the fight with Mace, given Sidious was dominating the beginning of that fight, so those first extra 7 seconds concentrating solely on Mace could have made the difference.

If they were instrumental in Mace's victory then Mace would have been on the winning end when they were present, or at least right after Sidious downed them, not a good minute later. I mean, they were probably instrumental in not getting Mace completely overwhelmed from the start, but nothing more than that.

You think Sidious vs Vader 1 on 1 would be a Stomp? You don't think Sidious would beat him with difficulty?

We're using EU, so yeah. Perhaps easier in canon since we don't know if Vader made adjustments to his suit for lightning defense. Even in a strict saber duel, Sidious would wear him down quite solidly.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 04:49 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Being far more impressive than them in TK isn't the same as being able to casually ragdoll them with it. Don't know how the new canon is going to depict power levels, but for all of Vader's raw TK feats in the old canon, he's never ragdolled two Maul level opponents at once or a Dooku level character from across the galaxy, whereas Sidious has done both very easily.

Kanan ragdolled the Inquisitor in their first encounter despite being inferior. Anyway, based solely on feats Vader should be able to do the same as Sidious did. Now, do I actually think he is capable of it? Probably not. But from a strictly feat perspective, Vader's appears superior.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 06:32 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The Inquisitor was only "ragdolled" by Kanan because he was caught off guard. Similar to Ahsoka Force pushing Ventress that massive distance in "Cloak of Darkness."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 06:58 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

And Palpatine caught Maul and Savage off-guard as well.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 07:02 PM
Dominis

Kanan ragdolled the Inquisitor in their first encounter despite being inferior. Anyway, based solely on feats Vader should be able to do the same as Sidious did. Now, do I actually think he is capable of it? Probably not. But from a strictly feat perspective, Vader's appears superior.

Kanan may very well be more powerful than the Inquisitor, but unfinished training may have prevented Kanan from doing so consistently with such feats being mostly dictated by circumstance. After all, Kanan seems quite powerful, and I haven't watched all of the episodes so I'm sure there are feats that I'm missing.

Judging from the TCW, the only time we see that level of dominance is if the force user is far superior than his/her opponent, or if a force user is in an unusual fit of rage and with a lot of strain (Ventress to Anakin/Kenobi; Savage to Dooku/Ventress). Yoda casually paralyzed Ventress while calm and holding a conversation with the king of Toydaria, whereas Anakin was only able to do so to Ventress while unleashing his anger, otherwise she holds her own against him quite well, even lands force attacks on him. The difference, Yoda's casual domination over her suggests he can do so any time without circumstance, whereas Anakin can only do so under certain circumstance, despite the fact that Anakin has the best TK feat in the series (toppling an underwater building).

We'll just have to see how new canon depicts Vader. I don't think we'll be seeing him easily tame Maul and Savage level force users, not casually and consistently anyway.

EDIT: SOD confirms Maul was intending to draw Sidious away from Corsuscant to fight him, so there is nothing to indicate he was taken off-guard, especially after Sidious entered the room so aggressively and gave Maul somewhat of a warning before he attacked. Regardless, Sidious did it more than once. Sidious wasn't catching them off-guard every time.

Last edited by Dominis on Mar 18th, 2015 at 07:43 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by |King Joker|
The Inquisitor was only "ragdolled" by Kanan because he was caught off guard.

He kept him pinned up though and the Inquisitor couldn't break free of Kanan's grip.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Inquisitor by the end of the story is more powerful than Kanan.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Inquisitor by the end of the story is more powerful than Kanan.

Do you mean that the other way around?

I saw no evidence that Kanan's Tk was ever a match for The Inquisitor's. Not even by the end of the season.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 11:10 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Darth Kanan Jarrus would ragdoll Maul tbh

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 11:14 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NTJack0
Ranger

Vader doesn't deserve this.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 02:26 AM
Click here to Send NTJack0 a Private Message Find more posts by NTJack0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by ILS
Darth Kanan Jarrus would ragdoll Maul tbh
*ragdoll Sidious and Maul tbh

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 02:31 AM
Angelalex242

LOL at anything short of a One ragdolling Sidious.

Even GM Luke can't ragdoll DE Sidious. He has an advantage, but not enough to make him look like a 3rd rate n00b.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Angelalex242 a Private Message Find more posts by Angelalex242 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Nah, brah. Kanan is an A-list Jedi. He makes the Ones shit themselves with his immense power.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 02:53 AM