KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Emperor Palpatine vs. Darth Vader & Darth Malgus

Emperor Palpatine vs. Darth Vader & Darth Malgus
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RexCloneWarsMVS
Believer of Jesus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Nah, brah. Kanan is an A-list Jedi. He makes the Ones shit themselves with his immense power.
*bruh* bruh

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 03:56 AM
Click here to Send RexCloneWarsMVS a Private Message Find more posts by RexCloneWarsMVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by ares834
Kanan ragdolled the Inquisitor in their first encounter despite being inferior.

Have I mentioned how much I dislike the use of the word 'ragdolled' for whenever someone force-pushes someone else?

Being pushed rarely does more than buy time for the other person, and can happen despite power disparities as no-one has force defense up all the time. A Padawan could force throw Sidious if the latter didn't actively defend against it.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 04:21 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Q99
Have I mentioned how much I dislike the use of the word 'ragdolled' for whenever someone force-pushes someone else?

Being pushed rarely does more than buy time for the other person, and can happen despite power disparities as no-one has force defense up all the time. A Padawan could force throw Sidious if the latter didn't actively defend against it.

Yes but Kanan actually "Pinned" the Inquisitor, and the Inquisitor couldn't break free. Even though the Inquisitor was clearly much more powerful in the Force at the time.

That scene really answers everyone who says the cut scene of the Sidious vs Maul and Opress fight isn't canon because it contradicts the rest of the fight simply due to Maul pinning Sidious at one point.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 11:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Deleted scenes aren't canon, though. Thank God.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 02:34 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Deleted scenes aren't canon, though. Thank God.

So you're saying it's a complete mystery how the fight went in the Palace, even though that was filmed?

And actually you're wrong, because there's whole episodes not completed (deleted episodes from S6) like that scene, which are officially canon.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 02:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
So you're saying it's a complete mystery how the fight went in the Palace, even though that was filmed?

And actually you're wrong, because there's whole episodes not completed (deleted episodes from S6) like that scene, which are officially canon.
If they don't confirm what was in the deleted scene as canon then it isn't. A shit load of deleted scenes in the movies were filmed and they'd fit into the film, but they're considered non-canon.

Um, they are whole episodes that were in production, not little scenes. And they were confirmed to be canon, unlike the deleted scene. Give me a source saying the deleted scene in the Maul episode is canon and I'll gladly accept it.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 02:51 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

If they don't confirm what was in the deleted scene as canon then it isn't. A shit load of deleted scenes in the movies were filmed and they'd fit into the film, but they're considered non-canon.

Um, they are whole episodes that were in production, not little scenes. And they were confirmed to be canon, unlike the deleted scene. Give me a source saying the deleted scene in the Maul episode is canon and I'll gladly accept it.

Well I'll accept it's a great area. But I don't accept it's outright non-canon, when the scene in question is clearly missing from the episode, and it was made to fill in that gap.

It's like Yoda disarming Sidious in the ROTS script. That scene was never even filmed, but happens in the gaps of that fight which we don't see. Whilst this scene was at least filmed, but left out due to time constraints (that much is confirmed by Filoni).

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 03:51 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Well I'll accept it's a great area. But I don't accept it's outright non-canon, when the scene in question is clearly missing from the episode, and it was made to fill in that gap.

It's like Yoda disarming Sidious in the ROTS script. That scene was never even filmed, but happens in the gaps of that fight which we don't see. Whilst this scene was at least filmed, but left out due to time constraints (that much is confirmed by Filoni).
There are many reasons why a scene might be deleted, but it's non-canon nontheless. (Or at least left ambiguous.)

It is kind of like Yoda disarming Sidious, yeah. But Yoda doing that was confirmed in the RotS junior novel, while the contents of the deleted Maul/Savage vs. Sidious fight is not confirmed to have actually had happen, even if it fits.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 04:04 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

It is kind of like Yoda disarming Sidious, yeah. But Yoda doing that was confirmed in the RotS junior novel,

Nice. I forgot about it.

Yoda > Sidious in sabers, confirmed.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 04:05 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

There are many reasons why a scene might be deleted, but it's non-canon nontheless. (Or at least left ambiguous.)

So you're saying the portion of the fight that happened inside the Palace is left a mystery to us, even though we have it?

I think it's canon unless it's contradicted by the events which made it to the episode, or unless the creators say something like "we deleted that because in the end we thought it didn't make sense".

It is kind of like Yoda disarming Sidious, yeah. But Yoda doing that was confirmed in the RotS junior novel, while the contents of the deleted Maul/Savage vs. Sidious fight is not confirmed to have actually had happen, even if it fits.

So you think it's the "Junior Novel" which canonizes that scene from the script?

Nah it's the movie script that canonizes that scene. Anything in the script that isn't contradicted by the events of the movie is said to be canon. Heck people even argue anything in the movie novelizations not contradicted by the on screen events is canon.

But certainly not having the time or budget to fit a certain scene in the film (or in an episode) doesn't render it non-canon.

Similarly the Maul vs Sidious in the Palace was in the scripted fight, and (presumably) not something the animators just pulled out their ass.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 04:19 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Stigma

Yoda > Sidious in sabers, confirmed.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 04:22 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

So you're saying the portion of the fight that happened inside the Palace is left a mystery to us, even though we have it?

I think it's canon unless it's contradicted by the events which made it to the episode, or unless the creators say something like "we deleted that because in the end we thought it didn't make sense".
Again, unless it's confirmed to be canon and it's a deleted scene it's non-canon. I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree or something.

So you think it's the "Junior Novel" which canonizes that scene from the script?

Nah it's the movie script that canonizes that scene. Anything in the script that isn't contradicted by the events of the movie is said to be canon.
Well, I haven't read the RotS script, but I was always under the assumption the junior novel canonized it. And I'm sure there has to be inconsistencies/retcons to the RotS script, right? I didn't know everything that was in the script was canon.
Heck people even argue anything in the movie novelizations not contradicted by the on screen events is canon.
Didn't Leland Chee say something along those lines?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 04:51 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

The whole Grievous/Shaak Ti schpiel that was deleted was also confirmed to be canon recently, iirc.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 05:19 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Again, unless it's confirmed to be canon and it's a deleted scene it's non-canon. I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree or something.

Ok. Fair do's.

I just think it's the other way around. That missing/deleted scenes are canon unless we're specifically told they're not canon.

Or unless of course they contradict and couldn't possibly fit into the onscreen events (e.g. the Anakin vs Ventress deleted scene from TCW movie). There's just nowhere that could fit into the events of the final movie.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
The whole Grievous/Shaak Ti schpiel that was deleted was also confirmed to be canon recently, iirc.

Yes I also remember someone did confirm that recently.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 05:32 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is a truly wondrous revelation.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 06:13 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Don't think so.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 06:21 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Originally posted by Q99

+1

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 08:16 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

My favourite scene in the whole movie, hands down.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 08:40 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Even if the Shaak Ti scene is barely being confirmed as canon, that would only indicate that deleted scenes aren't automatically canon, otherwise we wouldn't need such confirmation for the scene to barely be considered canon.

The unfinished animated scene in the palace is non-canon, as it has so many contradictions. Savage is right behind Maul when Sidious exits the throne, whereas in the episode he's running out after several exchanges were made between Sidious and Maul, indicating Savage was far behind. Also, Savage was straining to keep Dooku and Ventress in his grip despite his rage amp, whereas no such strain was shown from Maul while holding Sidious. The power difference between Sidious and Dooku+Ventress is much bigger than between Maul and Savage. Plus that, it contradicts how lopsided the fight between Sidious and the bros was finally intended to be by Filoni, and the official websites statement that Sidious never wavered from his position of superiority. Being held against one's will only to be saved by chance (hanging chandelier) right before having a lightsaber nearly shoved through the stomach, is not only wavering from superiority, it's nearly losing a fight.

Also, I haven't watched all the Rebel episodes, so can someone tell me how powerful the Inquisitor is supposed to be compared to Kanan? From what I've seen, they seem pretty close, except the Inquisitor comes of as more refined in TK, similar to Dooku vs Anakin.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Impossible. Shaak Ti is scene in the Jedi Council chambers after that. Not to mention her talking to Anakin in the canon ROTS novel.

As for this deleted scenes debate I'm fairly certain its stated in the original canon policy that deleted scenes are G-canon unless they contradict the movie (like Shaak Ti's death). I don't know where the new canon stands on this but that is what it used to be.

The North Remembers

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote