KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Maul, Savage and Ventress vs. HoT, Darach and Zallow

Maul, Savage and Ventress vs. HoT, Darach and Zallow
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Maul, Savage and Ventress vs. HoT, Darach and Zallow

All at their peak.

Neutral setting.

No amp/prep time.

Who wins?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 03:34 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Team HoT.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 04:30 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Team 1 solidly

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 04:35 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Pfft. HoT is far superior to any of his opponents.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 06:29 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Pfft.

Intriguing argument.

HoT is far superior to any of his opponents.

oops....

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 06:39 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

It's not entirely possible.

Originally posted by Stigma
Intriguing argument.

I know, right?

quote:
oops....

WTF?

You seriously think Maul or Ventress are superior to the guy who defeated Vitiate...?

Last edited by Col. Valerian on Mar 16th, 2015 at 08:47 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 08:42 PM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Edit - double post, sorry.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 08:43 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

You seriously think Maul or Ventress are superior to the guy who defeated Vitiate...?

Maul landed a kick on Sidious, which is > HoT beating Vitiate.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Vitiate was also weakened, and Vitiate is an inferior duelist to Maul. Maul is the better duelist easily, no one the Hero has beaten with a lightsaber compares to Kenobi, Windu, Qui Gon, or Grievous. Hero gets stomped in a duel

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 08:48 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Lol, you're seriously going to base your assessment on a mere kick? You have to be kidding me.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 08:48 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

Lol, you're seriously going to base your assessment on a mere kick? You have to be kidding me.

I genuinely find the notion of taking any of that fight serious after Sidious had both Savage and Maul choked out hilarious tbh

When you have both dead to rights and decide to let them go and "**** it, let's duel", you're not taking either all that seriously

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:05 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

"A mere kick" that was a good enough placed kick to pass through the best Sith duelist in history?

Mauls saber duel with Sidious puts him above some of the greatest duelists in history as it is. Agen Kolar and Kit Fisto were the finest swordsman of their generation, a generation of 10,000 Jedi. They get a lot of shit for their loss to Sidious, but the fact is Sidious is simply that good, and Maul actually kept up with him, even if it was only for 10-20 seconds...

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:07 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

No, seriously, he could have killed them at any time

Their necks were as good as broken before a duel even started

What about any of that scene showed that Sidious took Maul seriously? :hmm

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:09 PM
Click here to Send ChaosTheory123 a Private Message Find more posts by ChaosTheory123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

The final duel, after Savage died it was clear neither of them were holding back.

Sidious getting tired of his shit and using the force to subdue him is proof enough that he was trying.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

You're honestly going to need Filoni to outright say Sidious was taking Maul seriously at any point in that fight for me to buy it

Its possible, but his general ability to end it at any time he wanted, as shown by his opening move and his fairly casual usage of TK through out the entire duel tells me he was being vindictive more than anything

Nothing concrete exists in the scene that I remember that'd tell me otherwise :hmm

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:19 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Apparently, I'm just going to reiterate the point mentioned above.
But yeah, Maul is a superior duelist going by feats. He might very well be more powerful in the force too.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: PS. You clearly need to grasp the current trends on this forum, that are based more on logic and evidence than ever before imho.
E.g. nexus feats are no longer treated as representative of one's power, more in depth analysis is made in relation to the circumstances of fights etc.

Last edited by Stigma on Mar 16th, 2015 at 09:53 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:44 PM
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Originally posted by Selenial
"A mere kick" that was a good enough placed kick to pass through the best Sith duelist in history?

Mauls saber duel with Sidious puts him above some of the greatest duelists in history as it is. Agen Kolar and Kit Fisto were the finest swordsman of their generation, a generation of 10,000 Jedi. They get a lot of shit for their loss to Sidious, but the fact is Sidious is simply that good, and Maul actually kept up with him, even if it was only for 10-20 seconds...

Sidious was toying with them. It's so clear it truly baffles me how people take this fight seriously. He wasn't even trying hard, could've ended the duel at any moment. He was having fun. That's it.

And even if he wasn't, and Maul did manage to land the kick, so what? He landed a kick, he didn't even come close to winning. By a long, long shot.

'Greatest duelists in history' is a massive overstatement. They were amongst the finest swordsmen of the Order. It's definitely something, but not enough to put them remotely above or in the same level as HoT.

In the words of Satele Shan: "You are our greatest warrior... And our best hope."
Herself included. Someone who managed to battle a powerful (though not peak) Malgus evenly and actually put him on his ass. What does that tell you about HoT's prowess as a warrior? Pretty high praise, I'd say. The Knight story revolves around the notion that the main protagonist is a Jedi who mainly focuses on mastery of lightsaber and TK. He certainly kills a good number of powerful Sith throughout the story, Vitiate included. Nothing suggests Maul is as good a combatant as HoT overall, even as deadly and skilled as he is.

Apparently, I'm just going to reiterate the point mentioned above.
But yeah, Maul is a superior duelist going by feats. He might very well be more powerful in the force too.

PS. You clearly need to grasp the current trends on this forum, that are based more on logic and evidence than ever before imho.
E.g. nexus feats are no longer treated as representative of one's power, more in depth analysis is made in relation to the circumstances of fights etc.

There is more than enough evidence to suggest HoT is a powerhouse. It's unbelievable to me that you'd say it's very possible for Maul to be more powerful in the Force.

Last edited by Col. Valerian on Mar 16th, 2015 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:52 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

As impressive as Maul's duelist with Sidious was (in its final moments), it needs not to be the only "trumph card" to showcase his dueling skills.

It's unbelievable to me that you'd say it's very possible for Maul to be more powerful in the Force.

I know.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:56 PM
ChaosTheory123
Bored with sanity

PS. You clearly need to grasp the current trends on this forum, that are based more on logic and evidence than ever before imho.

Eh

You guys do ok

Baffled by plenty of your precedents (seemingly no powerscaling between skills, leading the wild fluctuations in stats [like, you seem to go along with Starkiller's TK (would require energy comparable to high end nukes to alter that StarDestroyer's trajectory) well enough, but cite a bit feat like him incinerating some Storm Troopers with Force Lightning (a gigajoule feat at best being generous)?]), but so long as its not spacebattles (where perfect defense is taken literally and hyperbole seems to run rampant) I don't really feel the need to prod them :hmm

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 09:58 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Eh

You guys do ok

Baffled by plenty of your precedents (seemingly no powerscaling between skills, leading the wild fluctuations in stats [like, you seem to go along with Starkiller's TK (would require energy comparable to high end nukes to alter that StarDestroyer's trajectory) well enough, but cite a bit feat like him incinerating some Storm Troopers with Force Lightning (a gigajoule feat at best being generous)?]), but so long as its not spacebattles (where perfect defense is taken literally and hyperbole seems to run rampant) I don't really feel the need to prod them :hmm

wut?

Your point is that SK has crazy feats? :maybe

Old Post Mar 16th, 2015 10:01 PM