KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What do you guys think about the new look in DC?

What do you guys think about the new look in DC?
Started by: AsbestosFlaygon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

What do you guys think about the new look in DC?

Major character design overhaul post-Convergence.

- Superman looks like an average dude wearing an undersized t-shirt with the Superman logo stamped on it.
He doesn't look anything special.
- Diana's gone PG. Her clothes are now less revealing. She's covered with some armor plates here and there.
- Hal Jordan's become a superpowered, gauntlet-wearing hobo.

What do you guys think about the new look?

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:46 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Superman looks similar to a skinhead.

Diana looks relatively fine. Don't see a huge problem with her clothes. Perhaps these odd blades that protrude from near her fists could be removed but besides from that it isn't terrible.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 04:51 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Mostly shit, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 10:54 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Superman basically looks like Superboy. I like WW, but she needs to lose the blades.

The best part of DC post Convergence is the diversity and creative freedom people will now have. A lot of good stuff coming.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 11:03 PM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

iron batman looks decent..

diana looks good..

hal looks okay..

supes looks terrible

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 11:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Superman basically looks like Superboy. I like WW, but she needs to lose the blades.

The best part of DC post Convergence is the diversity and creative freedom people will now have. A lot of good stuff coming.

Creative freedom is only good if they use it properly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 11:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Flash looks pretty badass. Every other design is shit. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 11:22 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Flash and GA look the same.

Supes is shit.

Wonder Woman is average-ish

Batman is shit.

Green Lantern is an okay design, but a terrible fit for the character.

Who else is changing?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 11:25 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Batman looks like either A) A more mecha version of Blue Beetle, or B) Robo Tick.

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot

Diana looks relatively fine. Don't see a huge problem with her clothes. Perhaps these odd blades that protrude from near her fists could be removed but besides from that it isn't terrible.

Yea, the blades are... not great, she's not Wolverine.

I could take or leave the pauldrons, and I think the colors could be a bit brighter, but I think the return of the gold (seriously, why did the previous costume designer think replacing all of it with silver was good?), and the skirt-over pants look works.

The blades are the only thing preventing me from giving it an A.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 12:20 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by krisblaze
Flash and GA look the same.

Supes is shit.

Wonder Woman is average-ish

Batman is shit.

Green Lantern is an okay design, but a terrible fit for the character.

Who else is changing?

There will be a group of Robins, which looks to me like a racially-diverse rebel group.
Won't be surprised if each has his own fighting style based on his cultural background.
They will probably be the rival faction of the Harley Quinns.

Batgirl looks the same.

Sinestro looks the same.

Grayson looks like a businessman wielding two batons.

Joker's rumored to be some kind of immortal monster.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 12:24 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Joker's rumored to be some kind of immortal monster.

Which kinda fits, his body count is so high that they *treat* him like one.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 03:42 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
Mostly shit, imo.

thumb up

And Wonder Woman needs to be naked, not fully dressed ffs.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 04:10 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

I liked the new costumes they made for the New52, they were modern but close enough to the originals. What they are doing now is complete BS imvho. Make it an Elseworld story or something but once they go this way I am done buying DC comics. Those designs are not appealing to me.

Marvel lost me already some years ago, now DC, I need to find another Superhero comic Universe...

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 04:14 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Some of its alright and then some of its crappy (from what I see right now)..

The Word

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 05:53 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Superman's has grown on me. Just wish he had longer hair and a cape like Morrison's costume.

Batman's looks cool (aside from the binny eras) but absolutely horrible for a Batman costume.

Wonder Woman's is bad in pretty much every way.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 06:13 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Wonder Woman's costume is just way too busy. Too much going on, too many stars, blades, and unnecessary add-ons. She can have an outfit that's not revealing while still looking polished.

Superman, I actually like more than Diana or Bats. I mean, I like that it's regular, Joe-schmoe, working class. I always feel ehhhhh about Superman redesigns that involve a high collar, or cape/logo emphasis that makes him feel superior, and this is pretty much the opposite of that.... I guess it's just too simple to really feel emblematic.

Batman looks like Bumblebee went through a Donnie Darko phase. There's not even a bat involved. Pffft.

Flash looks cool.

Green Lantern does look a little homeless... but I think I could get into it, with the right story behind it.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 07:42 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I really like Wonder Woman's outfit, although I had grown to like the silver scheme too. If they have to keep those stupid blade things, I hope they are retractable so we don't have to see them much. The blades screw up her costume the same way Carol Danvers's dumb helmet thing ruins hers.

I am willing to give Superman's outfit a try.

Batman's is cheesy. Straight up.

Green Lantern's gauntlet thing is lame.

Flash's is pretty good.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 10:03 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Wonder Woman: thumb up thumb up thumb up

Superman: thumb down thumb down

Batman: thumb down

Haven't seen the others yet.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 02:30 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Superman is meh. Not very super.

Wonder woman is fine strictly speaking, but I'd prefer she stay naked.

Batman looks like utter shit.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 19th, 2015 02:45 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I honestly gave up on DC a few years ago. They just don't make anything good anymore. I might reread a bunch of Pre-Crisis and Pre-Reboot DC comics but **** the new stuff.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2015 05:25 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote