KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Swimming: Aquaman vs Namor

Swimming: Aquaman vs Namor
Started by: Nibedicus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

quote: (post)
Originally posted by juggernaut74
That seems more impressive than the Namor feat.
City block > island?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 08:58 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Mindset
City block > island?
We never see Namor do his feat is all I'm saying.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 09:02 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

But he did it though. Does anyone have that scan where Namor say he shake planets during fist fights?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 09:08 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ah, so hyperbole from a character discounts his feats?
Tough luck for Wolv "i'm the best there is..." Ine and Jugger "nothing can stop..." Ernaut, and dozens of other shameless self promoters. laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2015 01:26 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

In terms of the race Arthur. His best feat was to outrace a concord across the Atlantic. I can't think of any feat of Namor's that's even close.

Strength definitely goes to Namor. In avengers 4 or 5 he physically matched boy Hulk and Thor for a while (short while but still)

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 07:29 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by beatboks
In terms of the race Arthur. His best feat was to outrace a concord across the Atlantic. I can't think of any feat of Namor's that's even close.

Strength definitely goes to Namor. In avengers 4 or 5 he physically matched boy Hulk and Thor for a while (short while but still)

Pre DCnU, Arthur traveled 20,000 f/s. That's 22,000km/hr. He got the bends saving Kyle, but he did it.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 10:22 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

He also got the bends for going straight up and didn't decompress. If he went horizontal and did that in a constant pressure I believe he would have been fine.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 11:36 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Pre DCnU, Arthur traveled 20,000 f/s. That's 22,000km/hr. He got the bends saving Kyle, but he did it.
Doesn't that scan specify that he's moving at 10,000 f/s?

I remember the feat, but it looks like they're estimating that Aquaman would have to take at least 2 seconds to complete the depth to air leap.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 02:57 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Existere
Doesn't that scan specify that he's moving at 10,000 f/s?

I remember the feat, but it looks like they're estimating that Aquaman would have to take at least 2 seconds to complete the depth to air leap.

You could interpret it that way - they never actually give a time for Aquaman's journey from 20,000 feet to the surface. I read it as 'our projections say he could do X, so now we're forcing him to do X+Y, and it will take him out of the picture'.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 03:01 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Yes the 10,000 feet was them saying he could do that speed safely.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 03:28 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Originally posted by riv6672
Ah, so hyperbole from a character discounts his feats?
Tough luck for Wolv "i'm the best there is..." Ine and Jugger "nothing can stop..." Ernaut, and dozens of other shameless self promoters. laughing out loud

Except namor has done that before when he faced behemoth,they registered planetary scale seismic earthquakes.

Oh btw,I believe namor stopped and pulled a city sized ship of doom underwater once,he has also lifted up hydrobase and he lifted utopia island outside the water. Those are the good strength feats off the top of my head though

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 06:51 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

How does one lift an island outside of water?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 07:00 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Put the island on land

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 08:12 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote