KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Most Powerful Anime Character

Most Powerful Anime Character
Started by: jmoul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kosmic King
Beerus is far stronger than Buu, and Beerus used up all his energy in one solar system level attack. Z alone can destroy DBZ.

But that's just hater bullshit.

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post May 24th, 2015 06:53 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

Originally posted by Dramatic Gecko
I think the population that bitches about DBZ megafans is bigger than the group of hypers itself.

In fact they piss people off more I think.

thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

Old Post May 24th, 2015 06:54 AM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kosmic King

Originally posted by BeyonderGod
1. First scan doesnt mean anything....
2. Fan made forum lol.
3. k? doesnt change the fact its has 22 universes

They made infinite experiments, and each experiment is explicitly an entire universe. It's not a fan forum, it's a direct author comment from an interview printed in a magazine. The 22 dimensions refer to higher spatial dimensions (which exceeds 22).

But that's just hater bullshit.

Not really, the Japanese dub clearly states solar system.

Old Post May 24th, 2015 09:00 AM
Kosmic King is currently offline Click here to Send Kosmic King a Private Message Find more posts by Kosmic King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Originally posted by Kosmic King
Not really, the Japanese dub clearly states solar system.

Beerus wouldn't be out of energy. Unless you're one of the people who thinks Beerus was serious about being to tired to blow up earth. In which case good luck functioning in social situations.

ALso isn't he blowing up suns for shits and giggles in this new movie?

Old Post May 24th, 2015 09:41 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

3. k? doesnt change the fact its has 22 universes

Not according to the quote from the show I posted.

Mind you, 22 still puts it rather high up in contention, you know? That's the low end interpretation.

"Either 22 or Infinite" is not bad standing ^^

I think the population that bitches about DBZ megafans is bigger than the group of hypers itself.

Really, my question is why it's even being brought up here to begin with, y'know?

Old Post May 25th, 2015 07:01 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

Originally posted by Q99

Really, my question is why it's even being brought up here to begin with, y'know?

Because people been made to think its hip and cool to say "I love DBZ but the fanboys ruin it for me." Like seriously peeps sound like a broken record.

I haven't read the whole thread but I imagine DBZ was brought up in two ways.

1. (by the ignorant) SJJ 4 GOGETA

2. (or by those "totally hip" and "cool" people) *insert the vaguely omnipotent deity character here* would shit all over everyone in DBZ! (boom he just invited people to defend DBZ)

This is the Anime forum. Enjoy your stay and prepare to talk about the same thing over and over.

EDIT: Just went back to read it. jmoul set the scene up straight away in the first post by a reverse number 2.

Last edited by Dramatic Gecko on May 25th, 2015 at 09:32 AM

Old Post May 25th, 2015 09:29 AM
Kubik

Here is a respect thread for Tenchi Muyo: forums.spacebattles.com/threads/tenchi-muyo-respect.330368/

Old Post May 26th, 2015 06:58 AM
Kubik is currently offline Click here to Send Kubik a Private Message Find more posts by Kubik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Originally posted by SquallX
Why do people hype DBZ so much?

Dbz is a weak verse in the schemes of things. Hell, they don't even have an omnipotent being.

I can name so many singular characters that would destroy the Dbz verse it's not even funny.

Calling a character omnipotent doesn't automatically make them omnipotent. And you can't have more than one omnipotent character in a series, since that makes them BOTH just nigh-omnipotent.

DBZ doesn't use stupid labels like that, but they have feats similar to even "omnipotent" characters. And again, since this is anime... Buuhan has a feat even better than most series "omnipotents". Hell, I remember someone being called omnipotent in Jojo's bizarre adventure. Characters are called that all the time, it doesn't mean anything more than Kami being "God" does.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post May 27th, 2015 07:55 PM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Calling a character omnipotent doesn't automatically make them omnipotent. And you can't have more than one omnipotent character in a series, since that makes them BOTH just nigh-omnipotent.

I don't like using the word omnipotent because people think it implies lots of stuff beyond shown feats.

Like, if you have a series where a character creates a world and is beyond everything in it, people'll accept that as 'omnipotent,' but then if another series has a character who creates a much larger world, and then two other character stronger than that and equal to each other, many will think of them as 'nigh omnipotent' even when feats-wise they're higher than the one unchallenged world-creator.

And you can have a vastly strong universe maker who's called omnipotent, but never actually shows, say, time travel or time manipulation, and thus, doesn't have those abilities by the feats. People'll just assume that a universe maker can do anything even when there's no feats to show a particular ability.

quote:

DBZ doesn't use stupid labels like that, but they have feats similar to even "omnipotent" characters.

Feats are feats, and some of the ones mentioned here have much higher feats than anyone in Z, including Buuhan.

quote:
And again, since this is anime... Buuhan has a feat even better than most series "omnipotents". Hell, I remember someone being called omnipotent in Jojo's bizarre adventure. Characters are called that all the time, it doesn't mean anything more than Kami being "God" does.

Yes, the titles do get thrown around a lot, and indeed, are meaningless on their own.

That said, the ability to rip space and threaten a universe is something that a lot of characters in other things surpass. Buuhan, Beerus, SSJ4 Gogeta, none of them are remotely in contention for the title of strongest.

Old Post May 28th, 2015 03:27 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

1. Elder God Demonbane
2. Kami Tenchi
3. Lord of Nightmares
4. The Choushin
5. Dragon God

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 06:36 AM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Originally posted by Q99
Not according to the quote from the show I posted.

Mind you, 22 still puts it rather high up in contention, you know? That's the low end interpretation.

"Either 22 or Infinite" is not bad standing ^^

Never stated it was a bad standing its people take things out of context as i watched the series i heard 22-Universes and 22-Dimesions which to my knowledge its Multi-Universe level creation.....and they state infinite alot but shown it seems not even when Z was shown we seen the Chousin gets handled casually.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2015 06:43 AM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Never stated it was a bad standing its people take things out of context as i watched the series i heard 22-Universes and 22-Dimesions which to my knowledge its Multi-Universe level creation.....and they state infinite alot but shown it seems not even when Z was shown we seen the Chousin gets handled casually.

The Chousin were explicitly not fully manifesting because they were too big for the 3rd dimension and would cause mass destruction. Z brought in the Counteractor which is basically the anti-chousin response of the dimension, and even then, they *could've* defeated it but only at the cost of killing those present, which would've defeated the entire purpose since they can't perfectly re-create Z and Tenchi like they can everything else.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2015 10:52 AM
BeyonderGod

Alot of limits.....

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 10:51 PM
Q99

Alot of limits.....

Sure, limits that were mostly self-imposed. Were it not for the one factor (cannot re-create the ability to manifest LHWs- note, this factor used to not exist in any universe until they ran their countless-universe experiment to *make* it happen, to specifically create something new), they could've wiped the universe and re-created it no problem. And the other primarily limit is 'simply being full self too big for universe, would destroy it.' Which is normally not a problem with their ability to undo that.

There's a silly brain-bug that some people have where they think that someone without explicit limits and less shown scale is better than someone with a limit or two but much more shown scale.

They're way bigger and more powerful than any mono universal power, and even some multiversal powers.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 11:02 PM
BeyonderGod

Ok

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 09:46 PM