KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » How did Superman kill Zod in Man of Steel?

How did Superman kill Zod in Man of Steel?
Started by: C-3POTheClever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C-3POTheClever

How did Superman kill Zod in Man of Steel?

I thought the only way to kill a krytonian was to use green kryptonite, so how is it that Superman managed to kill Zod that easily just by splitting his neck? I thought kyyptonians couldn't get killed any way other than green kryptonite? That's what it says in Smallville.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 10:12 PM
C-3POTheClever is currently offline Click here to Send C-3POTheClever a Private Message Find more posts by C-3POTheClever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: How did Superman kill Zod in Man of Steel?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
I thought the only way to kill a krytonian was to use green kryptonite, so how is it that Superman managed to kill Zod that easily just by splitting his neck? I thought kyyptonians couldn't get killed any way other than green kryptonite? That's what it says in Smallville.

Kryptonians still have humanoid biology, a brain, spinal cord and all that other stuff. A broken neck is a broken neck. And the way he broke his neck was pretty uber. To add, there is no knite in these movies, so it does not exist.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2015 05:11 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Re: How did Superman kill Zod in Man of Steel?

Originally posted by C-3POTheClever

You thought wrong.

Here's why:

1. The Man of Steel movie isn't Smallville the show.
Different genres, different rules.

2. It's "kRyptonian" not "kYyptonian".

3. Zod's neck wasn't split, it was snapped.
In fact, here: while the link is allowed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMKsuA4Bi-c

4. There are other ways to kill Kryptonians besides using Kryptonite, even in other continuities. They don't even need to be depowered first, though that makes it easier, especially if "miraculous healing factor" isn't given prime consideration. Kryptonite is just one of the few, relatively easy ways to accomplish that killing. Other methods are generally much harder.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2015 12:12 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: How did Superman kill Zod in Man of Steel?

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
You thought wrong.

Here's why:

1. The Man of Steel movie isn't Smallville the show.
Different genres, different rules.

2. It's "kRyptonian" not "kYyptonian".

3. Zod's neck wasn't split, it was snapped.
In fact, here: while the link is allowed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMKsuA4Bi-c

4. There are other ways to kill Kryptonians besides using Kryptonite, even in other continuities. They don't even need to be depowered first, though that makes it easier, especially if "miraculous healing factor" isn't given prime consideration. Kryptonite is just one of the few, relatively easy ways to accomplish that killing. Other methods are generally much harder.

Why be such a dick about it?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 05:17 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Was gonna ask the same thing

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 08:39 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote