KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Very Public War #1

KMC Very Public War #1
Started by: Werewolf582

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

I cannot judge, alas. I would love to. But have been shit recently....and I recognise that.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 02:07 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

If any of my picks are duplicate, I'm happy to repick. Just sayin.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 02:15 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

There's at least one duplicate pick, but it's not the whole team, so it would be permissible.

There are also some on-the-line drafts. But no more or less so than Nova in ours, and they're all technically low herald in the tiers thread. Leo and I have been discussing things - and no promises yet - but I think we're leaning toward allowing those that have been drafted thus far.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 03:16 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, nothing egregious imo. line-staddlers but there were a few of them so i think it balances out. if someone wants to b!tch later about it--well, take it up with digi. wink

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 05:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Supermutant
^ that sounds good to me
||
Pretty sure that would hurt some of the arguments and make judging more difficult

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 05:46 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

it's not my tourney so you guys decide if you want the dupe picks to be re-picks. should both repick, or is it first-come-first-serve? same characters can be used quite a bit differently as well, and mesh differently, which is why we decided one dupe character would be ok. but, it's up to you guys what you want me to do.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 05:52 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I have 3 guesses on which picks are duplicates, all pretty obvious to me and those arguments look tiresome. 1st come, 1st served

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 05:57 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

If you don't want duplicate drafting then the only fair way is if both (or all) who are involved re-draft, but there's a chance the dupes wont even meet each other in a match.

And as Digi knows from his Thor Vs Thor BZ, it's not the power, it's how you use it that matters.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 06:26 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

so, anyway, i have 1 who says keep the dupes, one who says not to. need more input from the others or it stays. if the group decides to repick, y'all also need to decide whether both repick or it's first-com-first-serve style. just let me know soon or i'm just gonna post the op's and open threads as they come in.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 06:35 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I don't want to make this a huge ordeal but duplicate picks is not the norm at all.

Also I already made amalgam art so.....

Edit* The Thor vs Thor battlezone was a special case

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 07:22 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

like i said, get the rest of the guys involved in this thing to make a decision. this thing seems based on our rules, and our rule is a single dupe was fine. there really is no 'norm' as rules in these things can vary at will. our mesh rules were very different from those usually used. seriously though, in all honesty, i could not care less which way you guys decide to go but without more input, i have to leave it as is. i certainly am NOT in charge, nor do i want to be the one to make any decisions of the type you're asking for. gather the group, make a decision and i'll happily follow your lead.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 07:54 PM
Supermutant

Whatever the majority wants is fine with me. I picked Captain Planet and Inspector Gadget anyway, so I can't lose.

Last edited by Supermutant on Mar 26th, 2015 at 08:01 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 07:55 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Making my OP tonight when I get home

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 09:23 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Maybe you should finalise your standing on the dupe drafts before making a write up.

Otherwise it's simply dupes by default and no b1tching about it later.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 02:06 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Werewolf582
Gundam vs Carver

So, the duplicate is the Hulk? laughing out loud

"My hulk gets angrier than your hulk."
"No! MY Hulk gets angrier than your hulk because you're an annoying poster."
For infinity.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Mar 27th, 2015 at 02:42 AM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 02:36 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Officially casting my vote in favour of keeping duplicates. Otherwise we run the risk of delays, which has been the death of many a tourney.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 02:55 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Martian_mind
This kicked off so ****ing quickly, caught me completely off-guard.

Anyway, I'll send in my picks to Leo tonight, and do my OP tomorrow.

It did kick off pretty fast. I'm currently business traveling and I am 'suppose ' to be back in town tomorrow but I don't think that will happen. I will probably have to be exempted from this since for the past 2 weeks, I've been debating Primarily from my phone.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 03:02 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so, carv is out. someone want to redo the match-ups then?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 11:26 AM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
When is the deadline for our posts? I am free to give my reply this weekend.

Originally posted by Werewolf582
Gundam vs Carver

Originally posted by carver9
I will probably have to be exempted from this

Just give Psycho the win.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 11:38 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

4 participants is better, just redo the draw.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 12:04 PM