KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » KMC Very Public War #1

KMC Very Public War #1
Started by: Werewolf582

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by "Id"
Lol

Gravitron, DOS DD, and Vulcan are not low Heralds.

Congrats to Martian Mind

*coughthat'sexactlywhatIsaidcough*

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 02:58 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

It was a tricky spot to be put in, to be fair to Leo and others. They're all listed at LH, and none would exactly roflstomp their way through mid herald, or even a few others at LH (Leo's Nova Prime comes to mind, and more recent incarnations of Smurph's Dr. Light). I'm well aware that the tier list isn't perfect nor completely up-to-date with the latest feats and forum consensus. But it became an issue where it would seem unfair to ban one but not all of them. When each was on the line, it was easy to let it slide because it didn't play favorites for or against any of the combatants.

In tourneys, it usually comes down to effectiveness of the amalgamation, strategy, and debating more so than the drafts themselves. So I had little issue with it from a competitive standpoint.

No need to dwell a ton on it, though. Despite some of the controversy, it was an enjoyable match.

Last edited by Digi on Apr 16th, 2015 at 03:12 AM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 03:10 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Light Herald is a Goldmine.

You can seriously land some nice drafts. But knowing who to pair it with can be tricky.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 03:02 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

So I didn't win yet again but managed to make someone quit.
Business as usual?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 04:55 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Just so we're clear, I had read all of Supermutant's posts and I didn't exclude him from possibly winning because he decided to quit, I strongly considered his chances before finalising my judgement.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 05:09 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Originally posted by psycho gundam
Business as usual?

You give yourself way too much credit.

The main reason I left was due to outside interference that brought up I had reached the post limit, then another "judge" who stated he wasn't going to read part 1 or part A of a post. It seems everyone's partial posts was counted as one except for mine.

Then these "same judges" who I already told basically don't vote I will find someone else, decided to vote anyway.

It is very curious as to why people who weren't in this debate, would care enough to interfere then go on and vote in this sham.

This thing should have just been left to die on its own.

But a least PG got 6 posts thumb up

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 05:36 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

well, at least there are no sour grapes. thumb up

if all of that was directed at me, i find it pretty funny. if it's not, i still find it funny. the issue of posts was RAISED. i certainly never RULED on it. it was your fellow COMPETITORS, NOT US JUDGES, who decided your posts had reached a limit. i said all along if you all stuck to the AGREED UPON LIMIT, i'd judge it. once you bailed you clearly had no intention of getting anyone else to vote anyway. the others put in a lot of effort and, since THEY were still in it, THEY wanted it judged. you lost your say a long time ago. anyway, a more pertinent question is if you bailed anyway, why do you even care that we decided to go ahead and vote on a winner? you said a long while ago you made your last post. YOU left, and WANTED it to die. the others felt differently, as is their right so we voted on it--for THEM.

i wouldn't bother replying to this if i were you. you left it to die once, good idea to do the same now.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 06:00 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Scoobless
Just so we're clear, I had read all of Supermutant's posts and I didn't exclude him from possibly winning because he decided to quit, I strongly considered his chances before finalising my judgement.

i did the same but would have given my SECOND place finisher the win since he bailed.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 06:01 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Business as usual?

no expression

(and yes, triple post ftw).

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 06:01 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Supermutant
Then these "same judges" who I already told basically don't vote I will find someone else, decided to vote anyway.

It is very curious as to why people who weren't in this debate, would care enough to interfere then go on and vote in this sham.
All this drama over post count...

I guess it must really grind your gears to realize that Martian Mind won with only 3 posts. Or really, 2 posts by your count.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 06:04 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

You give yourself way too much credit.

The main reason I left was due to outside interference that brought up I had reached the post limit, then another "judge" who stated he wasn't going to read part 1 or part A of a post. It seems everyone's partial posts was counted as one except for mine.

This thing should have just been left to die on its own.

But a least PG got 6 posts thumb up
....But you did reach the 5 post limit. You're the only one who doesn't see that but you ARE aware of it cause you preemptively tried to make 1 post out of 2 you planned on making that day, the latter made hours later, hours later as it took hours to get the scans and upload them and then write, etc.

Then you wanted to take your ball and go home when you realized nobody was naive invalid enough to think it was ok

Nobody is out to get you at all at the end of the day

Last edited by psycho gundam on Apr 16th, 2015 at 06:19 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 06:17 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Originally posted by leonidas
laughing out loud

well, at least there are no sour grapes. thumb up

if all of that was directed at me, i find it pretty funny. if it's not, i still find it funny. the issue of posts was RAISED. i certainly never RULED on it. it was your fellow COMPETITORS, NOT US JUDGES, who decided your posts had reached a limit. i said all along if you all stuck to the AGREED UPON LIMIT, i'd judge it. once you bailed you clearly had no intention of getting anyone else to vote anyway. the others put in a lot of effort and, since THEY were still in it, THEY wanted it judged. you lost your say a long time ago. anyway, a more pertinent question is if you bailed anyway, why do you even care that we decided to go ahead and vote on a winner? you said a long while ago you made your last post. YOU left, and WANTED it to die. the others felt differently, as is their right so we voted on it--for THEM.

i wouldn't bother replying to this if i were you. you left it to die once, good idea to do the same now.

I did let it die you guys keep bringing it up. I even had my posts deleted so it would just be between PG and MM. But you guys keep mentioning me when this battle turn into 1 vs 1 . It is funny I agree with that. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 07:02 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

....But you did reach the 5 post limit. You're the only one who doesn't see that but you ARE aware of it cause you preemptively tried to make 1 post out of 2 you planned on making that day, the latter made hours later, hours later as it took hours to get the scans and upload them and then write, etc.

Then you wanted to take your ball and go home when you realized nobody was naive invalid enough to think it was ok

Nobody is out to get you at all at the end of the day

you mentioned me again for no reason

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 07:08 PM
Supermutant

Originally posted by Existere
All this drama over post count...

I guess it must really grind your gears to realize that Martian Mind won with only 3 posts. Or really, 2 posts by your count.

could care less that's why I left until pg tried to take a cheap shot, but whatever makes you feel good I guess, especially by "judges" with questionable motives lol.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 07:10 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

What cheap shot? lol

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 07:31 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

especially by "judges" with questionable motives

Leo, did you have questionable motives again?

mad

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 12:22 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

shifty

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 01:21 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I know this 3 way round robin is over with. But I really enjoyed the battle, especially the drafts.

Now considering that Amp is banned, made it a bit stiffer to yield the maximum in your Amalgams.

But still, each member got a way with at least one character who ranking is questionably above Low Herald.

Here is my personal evaluations of each team.

Savage Force: Sauron + Graviton
Graviton as a Herald. hehe, that needs to be reevaluated. And although Sauron was good pick, I think Graviton could have used a better team mate eliminate his short comings.

For High Meta, I would have paired him Spawn. Here is character with full blown tp, empathy, and hypnosis, that can push back if he wanted to get physical, or go soft and phase through attacks. Not to mention an arsenal of wacky powers to pull from, that would have given anyone some issues. And if the opposition damaged him? So what his regan is on par with Deadpool or Lobo.

Martian Kryptonianhunter: Miss Martian + Doomsday
I don't know what to say. Psycho your a douche for drafting a character that beat Superman to Death, and was walking through an army Herald Class characters in his rampage. No way, anyone gets away with drafting DD for Low Herald.

Paired with Miss Martian, who is MM Lite. Thats a sick combo. If I would have voted, I would have voted for you. I just can picture you not walking down your opponent.

Enough flattery. Spawn would have been a good choice as well. But really DD provides a strong foundation to build on. I cant think of anyone outside of Spawn, or Miss Martian. Great choice.

V for Vendetta: Vulcan + Vision
Vulcan for low Herald? He walks down the X-Men, Nearly wipes out the imperial guard, and we find out that he is more of a Match for Black Bolt or Adam-Magus? His power set is I make energy manipulation my byatch.

Haha, this is the last time we see anyone of these guys as Low Heralds.

Vulcan pick provides a great foundation. I think With that said, Vision is a great pick. Along with Miss Martian its one of those top tier picks, for everything that it provides. Since Vision relies on Energy, granting him a strong physical body, or armor would be my top priority. Spawn being one of those guys. But you have a few.

OMAC (Michael Costner), its nanites grants him some awesome physical prowess, adaptability, and some of the best TP shields in comics. The OMACS are able to cut off Darksied mental hold, and preserve their minds the moment they where activated. More than enough TP shielding for this tournament. Having files on virtually all DC Meta Humans, would have allowed for to wipe any team from DC picks. Which would have made arguing against it, and uphill battle.

But none the less, Vision is a fantastic choice for High Meta. And so is Vulcan for Low Herald.

Congrats to champ.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2015 11:07 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Spawn wouldn't have been allowed (imo) too many different power variations and def over low herald in some of those instances.

I also felt Sauron was the strangest draft I've seen for a while ( Not just in this tourney) turned out not to be too bad, with showings I never knew about.

I'm a big fan of Graviton, but I would have looked for a very different powerset to mesh with him (but I figured he was too powerful at this level to start with, like DD and Vulcan.

At least EVERYONE pushed the caps, made it easier to allow drafts.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 06:53 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

I guess we can talk about it now

Sauron was by far the weakest pick and didn't add much of anything to SM's amalgam that Graviton would need to be next to unbeatable. All of the heroes Graviton subdued didn't have telepathy powers to speak of being mostly an Avengers villain and that's how he got away with a lot of what he did, so naturally that exploit was available.

To be honest I really didn't focus on Martian_mind at all and in hind sight I really should have lol. Mostly focused on exploiting Supermutant was on my mind but then all his posts were deleted so..... The flow of the battle was almost fallowing a narrative at that point with all the "I'm going to make X fight Y" and that all got mangled with the whole hurt pride thing.
DD has ample energy soak feats and physical combat is a given.

Next tournament: no prisoners

Last edited by psycho gundam on Apr 28th, 2015 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2015 04:25 PM