KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » What if Marvel followed the Superman blue print to a T ?

What if Marvel followed the Superman blue print to a T ?
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

What if Marvel followed the Superman blue print to a T ?

(Phase 1)

What if Marvel had a character as important to its universe/Earth as Superman is to DCU...

Who would you pick?

Why that pick?

You can pick someone else not listed here, but remember im not making my picks base on someone that could beat Superman anything like that.

You do want someone that can stand up to world threats thou if alone or til help arrives.

Here below are some of my choices. I did not go with easy choices like Thor, Sentry, Surfer, Strange or Hulk Want someone who can be challenged and makes interesting story line based. Pls do the same.

Whoever you pick there powers won't change. They stay the way they are, just there responsibilities change on a different scope to Superman puportions.

Wonder Man

Black Bolt

Hyperion

Blue Marvel

Captain Marvel

Captain Britain

Quasar

Iron Man

After most make you one pick, I'll move on to phase 2 of this thread.

Someone like Spider-Man won't work here, cus he is not powerful enough for this role. Keep it in mind when you make your pick. Your pick will be the most important hero to Marvel Earth most importantly. You can pick from my list or your own Marvel hero of choice.

Last edited by Supermex on Mar 26th, 2015 at 07:35 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 07:28 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Maybe Iron man out of all named but it's a stretch

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 07:32 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Cpt. Universe Spidey

stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 07:47 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Captain America. And it has nothing to do with powerset. He's just that beacon that when push comes to shove he can rally gods behind him. No-one else fits that bill in marvel period.

(Sn) at one point mar-vell could do it but he stays dead too long to be relevant

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 07:58 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Captain America. And it has nothing to do with powerset. He's just that beacon that when push comes to shove he can rally gods behind him. No-one else fits that bill in marvel period.

This

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 08:00 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Captain America won't work for this

Not powerful enough

Plz read op

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 08:35 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Supermex

Not powerful enough

Plz read op

OK Captain won work cause he's to weak, and Hulk won't work cause he's to dumb.

BB wont work cause he can't speak without killing everyone.

Thor wins

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 08:38 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
OK Captain won work cause he's to weak, and Hulk won't work cause he's to dumb.

BB wont work cause he can't speak without killing everyone.

Thor wins

If it's to complicated for you just stop playing.

No need to try and wreak a thread just for your enjoyment.

Thor, hulk types are used alot, just trying to give alittle lime light to characters under them..

Actually go ahead and use any High Herald, Mid or low Herald you'd like.. Like that you can can playsmile

Last edited by Supermex on Mar 26th, 2015 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 08:51 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

If it's to complicated for you just stop playing.

No need to try and wreak a thread just for your enjoyment.

Thor, hulk types are used alot, just trying to give alittle lime light to characters under them..

Actually go ahead and use any High Herald, Mid or low Herald you'd like.. Like that you can can playsmile

I liked my picks but hey whatever roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ok After your edit, I pick Gladiatior

Last edited by Time Immemorial on Mar 26th, 2015 at 08:59 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 08:54 PM
krisblaze

For Captain Britain to be an effective guardian, England would have to take over the world.

Not a bad scenario by any stretch of the imagination, but a bit unlikely shifty

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 08:57 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Originally posted by krisblaze
For Captain Britain to be an effective guardian, England would have to take over the world.

lol

Not sure if you ment this or not, but his powers Dont decrease anymore of he is outside of the UK.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 09:06 PM
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
I liked my picks but hey whatever roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ok After your edit, I pick Gladiatior

Fair enough smile

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 09:07 PM
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

My pick will be ( Wonder Man )

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 09:08 PM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Sin I AM

(Sn) at one point mar-vell could do it but he stays dead too long to be relevant
Adam Warlock has actually done this, though

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 09:12 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fair enough smile

Ok cool, and sorry about the spellingsmile

*Gladiator

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 09:30 PM
krisblaze

lol

Not sure if you ment this or not, but his powers Dont decrease anymore of he is outside of the UK.

They do.

Trust me, I'd know.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 09:40 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

For me it would be a toss up.

Silver Surfer, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, or Nova.

Great so then we can have a bunch of people running around that aren't overly fond of dental hygiene.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 10:04 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Not powerful enough

Plz read op

I read your disclaimer. It's not that im disregarding it. Just placing a little insight on what you're asking. I really dont even see anyone rallying behind Thor as much for you to think he'd be effective. When you think about the high heralds in marvel they are generally a selfish lot. And by selfish i mean they stick to there spheres of influence. Thor midgard/asgard, brb space, norrin space, Hyperion too new, black bolt inhumans, gladiator shiar, Braddock britain, etc. They arent all encompassing like clark. Mar-vell is a good choice but he's better off dead. Noone knows how to handle him. PG said warlock. I disagree, adam comes off as too old school for me and he hasn't shown proper character development in years. Who else is there? Everyone else is either a pastiche with limited appearances and influence or ineffective leaders in the grand scheme of things. Put it this way. If there was an upcoming long lasting event where all heroes and villians had to fight against a universal threat who would they rally behind? The only sensible answer is Steve. A super soldier from a backwater terran world who still rocks the red, white and blue. I honestly believe if push came to shove Thanos, Doom, the LT whomever would follow him to death. Hes just that damn good.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 10:06 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

^Midgard is earth...

Citizens of earth are probably as likely to rally behind Thor and CB as Cap.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 10:16 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

^Midgard is earth...

Citizens of earth are probably as likely to rally behind Thor and CB as Cap.

Are you trolling me? I know that. In what way did my post allude to anything else

Old Post Mar 26th, 2015 10:35 PM