KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Uncanny X-men

Uncanny X-men
Started by: Shadow_King

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shadow_King
-

Uncanny X-men

So with the final issue #600 due in a few months, what's everyone's thought on the current run of uncanny x-men??

Old Post Mar 28th, 2015 01:52 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I've got a pretty low opinion of it. Bendis isn't good with X-Men at all. Not only is he mishandling the current mutants, but the new ones he introduced are mostly lame. I'm following for continuity at this point.

The only positive thing out of this is the merging of the different X-schools. I really didn't like the post-Schism X-verse. I was still enjoying the post-M Day era, truth be told. We at least got some decent, even great(Uncanny X-Force), stories out of it. Some even led to pretty solid stories elsewhere in Marvel, like Uncanny Avengers.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 29th, 2015 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2015 07:41 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

Bendis had a good start... but didn't deliver well... here are some of my pet peeves...

* Cyke's "mutant revolution" didn't come into fruition
* he deliberately ended the possibility of Scott and Emma getting back together
* he continued to torture Scott by putting all the blame on him
* the story about Magik teleporting in the past and talking to Dr. Strange - went nowhere and was forgotten
* amping Tempus' powers to time-travel is unnecessary, as it was done by Magik and was clearly forgotten
* Dazzler's supposed comeback and revenge on Mystique - went nowhere and was forgotten
* Magik's problem on her Darkchilde persona - forgotten
* skirmish with Dormammu should've been a classic battle between good and evil but was sidelined
* many people (particularly Magneto fans) liked the fact that Magneto left the group and went solo, but i didn't like it... Bendis made Cyke lose his charisma as a leader...

the only interesting plot is the mind games between Cyke and the SHIELD but nothing really happened... the power-glitched was retconned that it was not because of the Phoenix, but because of nanotech created by Dark Beast from a different timeline...

so many plotholes...

Old Post May 12th, 2015 09:21 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Sounds like the X-men main book is in need of a good writer.

Old Post May 12th, 2015 09:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Sounds like the X-men main book is in need of a good writer.

Gillen is great, i just don't like the love triangle between Scott-Emma-Namor... but his run on the X-tinction Team was great!

and not just good writer, but a good artist as well... i missed Pacheco's art... any idea on the next X-men writer and artist after Bendis and Bachalo?

Old Post May 12th, 2015 09:55 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by dyajeep
Bendis had a good start... but didn't deliver well... here are some of my pet peeves...

* Cyke's "mutant revolution" didn't come into fruition

I agree with you, the Revolution part especially. They kept buiding up this coming political war, which already seemed forced quite frankly, then nothing happens. I think it was covered up with Cyclops claiming he only wanted people to think he was going to do something extreme, but it was too poorly executed to be believable.

And seriously, Cyclops constantly making an X with his arms. Just.../facepalm.
Gillen is great, i just don't like the love triangle between Scott-Emma-Namor... but his run on the X-tinction Team was great!

and not just good writer, but a good artist as well... i missed Pacheco's art... any idea on the next X-men writer and artist after Bendis and Bachalo?

I dont understand how Bachalo finds work. I see better comic art from like...random friends of mine.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 14th, 2015 at 10:22 PM

Old Post May 14th, 2015 10:18 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by StyleTime
I dont understand how Bachalo finds work. I see better comic art from like...random friends of mine.

THIS I absolutely agree with.

I just randomly clicked this thread. I can't stand Bachalo. The time it takes me to actually try to understand what is happening in those fight panels of his...

Old Post May 14th, 2015 11:27 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I agree with you, the Revolution part especially. They kept buiding up this coming political war, which already seemed forced quite frankly, then nothing happens. I think it was covered up with Cyclops claiming he only wanted people to think he was going to do something extreme, but it was too poorly executed to be believable.

And seriously, Cyclops constantly making an X with his arms. Just.../facepalm.

he's trying to bring back DX.

gillen is a very good writer, imo. I can't help but feel like editorial or someone higher up is guiding his hand whether he wants them to or not.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 14th, 2015 11:50 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
THIS I absolutely agree with.

I just randomly clicked this thread. I can't stand Bachalo. The time it takes me to actually try to understand what is happening in those fight panels of his...

Exactly dude. He's one of those artists that could legitimately ruin a good story through bad art. The messiness is just that jarring.

And have you noticed the random debris in the air? It's supposed to be collateral damage I guess but there's no motion in it. He always has like...dirt or something just hovering around people when they fight.

Guys like him and Humberto Ramos. Who are they sleeping with to keep their jobs?
Originally posted by -Pr-
he's trying to bring back DX.

laughing out loud

Honestly, that would be more acceptable than whatever the hell he's doing now.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 15th, 2015 at 06:14 PM

Old Post May 15th, 2015 06:12 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Exactly dude. He's one of those artists that could legitimately ruin a good story through bad art. The messiness is just that jarring.

And have you noticed the random debris in the air? It's supposed to be collateral damage I guess but there's no motion in it. He always has like...dirt or something just hovering around people when they fight.

Guys like him and Humberto Ramos. Who are they sleeping with to keep their jobs?

Yes, the flying debris (or whatever the hell it is) is incredibly annoying. Some weird fetish of his. Wtf.

Add Howard Chaykin to the list.

Old Post May 16th, 2015 12:41 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote