KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Fear the Walking Dead

Fear the Walking Dead
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I can confirm that watching it marathon style somewhat improves the experience. thumb up
my brother said the same thing. he watched episodes 3-6 back-to-back and said it didn't feel like a slog to him.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 07:51 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

So... is this show good?

How does it compare to the real deal?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 07:55 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

the first 5 episodes are not what i would call "good", and comparing the first 5 episodes of this show to the first 5 episodes of 'TWD' is not even fair. Even though i felt the urge to quit watching at times, i feel like the finale made the season worth it, especially considering it's only 6 episodes; had this been stretched out into a 12 episode season, i likely wouldn't have made it.

I say it's worth watching just because, in the long run it will be good to know where these characters started from when (if) we get to later seasons and they're more like the savage characters in 'TWD'. I think this season will be important from the perspective of seeing how Travis will evolve.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 08:09 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

A six and with 4 and a half episodes where nothing happens. It's certainly following its predecessor's formula.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2015 01:57 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

The finale definitely was the best one so far. I was actually puzzled for a second as to why Liza was explaining about changing the dressings the way that she was. They did a good job of showing how nothing is normal, and even when you think you're safe, you just don't know.

I do like that the group is becoming less naive, though it certainly took them long enough. It can definitely have a different dynamic than TWD's main crew over time because they just don't work as a unit very well. There's always tension there, so how the writers play on that might be interesting.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2015 02:23 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Strand exudes confidence and power. I pray he becomes the groups leader

Old Post Oct 10th, 2015 02:08 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Yeah Marathoned all episodes today. Started slow but the finale was pretty good.

I can see potential in some of the characters. Also Daniel Salazar kinda reminds me a bit of Locke from lost.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2015 05:50 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by marwash22

Honestly, the only thing I'm interested in seeing from a pre-apocalypse world, is patient zero and how it actually started.

This.

I was really disappointed they didn't give us anything into patient zero, or at what point all humans were infected, and the discovery of that.

Left thinking what the point of this show was, as it hasn't added anything to TWD story IMO.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 03:48 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Showing the start of the outbreak doesn't necessarily mean they'd show the patient zero/ Virus' origin. You can just show how the civilization crumbled etc, and still call it the 'beginning'.

Sure, they ended up not doing that, but for all intents and purposes, that was the goal of this first season. /sight

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 16th, 2015 04:03 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Only worth the watch if you're a walking dead fan, imo

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 01:15 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

^very true.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 02:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

And even then, only if you marathon it.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 02:59 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Sooooo ready for season 2. Am I right guys?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 03:19 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Showing the start of the outbreak doesn't necessarily mean they'd show the patient zero/ Virus' origin. You can just show how the civilization crumbled etc, and still call it the 'beginning'.

Sure, they ended up not doing that, but for all intents and purposes, that was the goal of this first season. /sight

But this is just a repeat of the classic The Walking Dead. Why bother with it when the original show is much better?

The selling point of the FTWD was the events leading to the outbreak and fall of the civilization as we know it. Story-telling in this setting could have been prolonged and handled much better. But the whole "fall of the civilization" aspect is being skimmed and season 2 of FTWD entirely skips it by virtue of its setting.

FTWD is evolving in to a pointless (inferior) version of the TWD.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Dec 17th, 2015 at 09:35 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 09:22 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

thumb up

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 02:37 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
But this is just a repeat of the classic The Walking Dead. Why bother with it when the original show is much better?

The selling point of the FTWD was the events leading to the outbreak and fall of the civilization as we know it. Story-telling in this setting could have been prolonged and handled much better. But the whole "fall of the civilization" aspect is being skimmed and season 2 of FTWD entirely skips it by virtue of its setting.

Idk, I've got the feeling the people we're following here are going to turn into a much less moral group, Woodbury or Saviors style, as opposed to Rick and the good guys. It could be interesting and the reason they're rushing things so much.

I agree with the rest, AMC just handled it poorly.

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Dec 17th, 2015 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 03:06 PM
Flyattractor

Idk, I've got the feeling the people we're following here are going to turn into a much less moral group,

Well they are from L.A.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 04:20 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Inhuman
Sooooo ready for season 2. Am I right guys?

When is its debut?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 05:38 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by carthage
When is its debut?

I don't know.

On an unrelated note., the druggie guy still annoys me.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 06:02 PM
Flyattractor

That is my biggest prob with both Zombie Shows. I don't really give a shit about 95% of the cast.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2015 09:22 PM