KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Legends of Tomorrow

Legends of Tomorrow
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Eh, Nate's never really been shown to ragdoll people around with hits, even though he should clearly be able to, based on his actual strength feats, KO'ing a Dominator with one flying punch, as well as the time he broke the Wave Rider during a sparring match with Ray. So, this suggests to me that he just massively holds back so as not to seriously hurt anyone. And he doesn't really have any formal combat training, so he probably doesn't know just how hard he should be hitting.

As for getting knocked around, that happened a few times last season as well (like the time he got tackled off a cliff by some random fodder despite going into Steel mode). And the hits from the mooks in this latest episode seemed more to annoy him than anything else. He was still upset that Wally got involved and ended things early.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 05:58 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I get it. But it's like, you stopped a runaway train. You should at least be knocking guys out with one punch. There's no reason anyone he hits should get back up, even if he doesn't launch them. Vixen seems to do more damage as a gorilla than Nate.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 07:03 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
I get it. But it's like, you stopped a runaway train. You should at least be knocking guys out with one punch. There's no reason anyone he hits should get back up, even if he doesn't launch them. Vixen seems to do more damage as a gorilla than Nate.

I thought that was odd too. We also know that unlike most of the other Legends he was still doing super hero shit for the previous 6 months. By now he should know his own strength and be capable of one hit KO'ing a guy without any fear he will accidentally kill him.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2017 09:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here I was thinking "Oh they are saying Vixen is back in 1942, at least we won't have to deal with her character this season" and then of course you get to the end of the episode and...yeah.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 03:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Her name was in the credits at the start, so at that point I knew she was still on the show. Maybe she'll have a fight with Rommel.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 13th, 2017 04:08 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Best part of episode 2 was Stein saying how much he hated the Titanic (the actor was actually in Cameron's movie).

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 05:07 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I didn’t realize or remember that until one of my folks pointed it out to me earlier on when I was watching the show some, since they recognized him immediately from Titanic. But yeah, I liked that reference in the episode. lol Also starting to like the direction for this season more than I did with the premier episode. Guess it’s that paranoid feeling of this show catching the season 3 drop in quality curse like all the other CW shows have had thus far...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 06:36 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

One thing that was odd to me was that everyone on the show seemingly forgot that Ray already built a shrink-ray way back in S1, and was way more competent with it then. He literally used it during the finale, to shrink down one of Savage's meteorites.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 10:36 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by -Pr-
Best part of episode 2 was Stein saying how much he hated the Titanic (the actor was actually in Cameron's movie).

quote:
didn’t realize or remember that until one of my folks pointed it out to me earlier on when I was watching the show some, since they recognized him immediately from Titanic.

Dont forget PT Barnum/Billy Zane's also a TITANIC alumnus, so a bit of a reunion there.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 11:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this show needs to be cancelled llol.. pt barnum a bad guy. that is funny

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 06:34 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

So B'wana Beast really didn't do anything on the show except play a strongman that punched out a couple Legends? I thought he would have at least battled Vixen some.

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 11:14 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
this show needs to be cancelled llol.. pt barnum a bad guy. that is funny

Bit harsh.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 04:19 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by riv6672
Dont forget PT Barnum/Billy Zane's also a TITANIC alumnus, so a bit of a reunion there.

Aye. Also looked like he was channeling a bit of Nicholson's Joker too with his mannerisms.

Originally posted by tkitna
So B'wana Beast really didn't do anything on the show except play a strongman that punched out a couple Legends? I thought he would have at least battled Vixen some.

Yeah, I was hoping for more than what we got.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 05:48 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by -Pr-
Aye. Also looked like he was channeling a bit of Nicholson's Joker too with his mannerisms.

His accent/inflection reminded me of soneone, its on the tip of my brain but i just cant get it. It'll come to me...huh

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 10:06 AM
riv6672

^^^didnt come to me.

This last ep. was good. Not great, but fun moments throughout. Steel's acid trip was hella funny.
I liked the PRISON BREAK reference.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 05:09 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by riv6672
I liked the PRISON BREAK reference.

Mick was on point throughout the episode IMO. I legit lol'd when Sara asks him to cause a diversion, so he just clocks the nearest person in the head with his beer bottle.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 07:16 AM
riv6672

^^^pagmatic as hell! laughing

He also noticed the signs of 2042 being a police state and reacted accordingly, quicker than the others.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:09 AM
cdtm

The way they're doing the Nate/Vixen drama, I bet Nate's modern Vixen's grandpa.

Why not? Not like we know who her grandfather is.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 04:41 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Hadnt thought of that!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2017 04:43 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Wow, really Rip?

The Damian Darhk bit would’ve been more pleasantly surprising had I not known about his return beforehand, but was still cool in how it was executed. Still kind of a bummer that John Barrowman (Malcolm Merlyn) is done as far as this whole universe, but at least we’ll still have Neal McDonough around in it awhile longer...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 08:42 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote