KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Legends of Tomorrow

Legends of Tomorrow
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Sorry, that post was meant to go in the Flash thread.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 01:27 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

does anyone think they'll bring in the russian counterpart of firestorm to fuse with jefferson

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 04:17 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^that would be interesting!
They really need FS, he's like, the only real heavy hitter on the team. I know it'd save money to get rid of him, though.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sorry, that post was meant to go in the Flash thread.

Watch it then tell us.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 05:26 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I doubt we'll be seeing Firestorm again any time soon.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 07:07 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by riv6672
Marvel-esque pandering? huh

You know, like how they made Thor into a woman. Or Fury, Cap, and Spidey become black. Or Wolverine became Canadian. (Drank pretty heavy last night... Logan used to be not Canadian and awesome, right? Not a drunken dream..?)

In this case, Ray Terrill becomes gay.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Dec 7th, 2017 at 01:22 PM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 01:19 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Okay. Thanks for explaining. thumb up

Also, Wolvie's always been Canadian.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 01:24 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I wasn't too bothered with him being gay. What bothered me was one of the dumbest looking helmets CW have yet to produce, and that is saying something. Because it really is not that hard to do a decent Greek/Roman style helmet, like he has in the comics, without screwing it up. Yet they managed it. It literally looked like he was wearing a spray-painted, costume shop prop on his head.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Dec 7th, 2017 at 01:29 PM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 01:26 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah i wasnt bothered about the gay thing either.
It actually didnt register all that much, which is why i didnt connect it to cdtm's comment.
That helmet though, you're right. Ick!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 01:49 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Speaking about that though, the writers are clearly building something up between Sara and Agent Sharpe. There were a few subtle hints during their conversations in previous episodes, but the last one made it pretty obvious what was going on.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 02:03 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah i wasnt bothered about the gay thing either.
It actually didnt register all that much, which is why i didnt connect it to cdtm's comment.
That helmet though, you're right. Ick!

I'm not sure "bothered" is the right word. I mean, yeah, I'm against retooling existing characters like that on principles, but it's an alt universe and a gay Snart, AND the CW, so I'm actually pretty cool with it.

But I'm a pretty big fan of the character since the 90's, so hard not to notice it (The same way I'd notice if we got a live action Guy Gardner, and he started dating Martian Manhunter.. laughing out loud )

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 02:21 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Heard a week or two ago that Constantine would be returning, didn't think it'd be so soon though. Spotted John Noble's name in the credits so I'm assuming he's playing Mollus (sp). He's awesome so I expect big things.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 06:48 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

My spouse was a fan of the Constantine series, so i showed her the finale's finale. She's ready for more.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 11:31 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I was bummed when they cancelled Constantine. I mean it wasn't great, but it was decent. And it was just starting to hit its stride when they ended it. Yet there are so many godawful shows that keep getting renewed.

But, beyond his appearances on Legends, his own animated CW Seed show is also dropping early next year, IIRC. Which is good, because I like Matt Ryan as John.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 08:23 AM
riv6672

Constantine was spot on casting, on the wrong network.
On AMC or HBO etc, it would have had a lot more creative freedom.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2017 11:44 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Constantine on a network like HBO would potentially have been much better. Would likely have gotten a better budget, and HBO would have been more willing to possibly adapt some of the stories from the comics others would shy away from. Because after shows like GoT, it's clear HBO isn't too concerned with having programs containing controversial content.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 02:11 AM
riv6672

Exactly my point, yeah. I did love the casting of John, and even enjoyed the series but, always knew it could more.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 02:59 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Because after shows like GoT, it's clear HBO isn't too concerned with having programs containing controversial content.

That was clear in the '90s. Have you seen Oz?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 02:11 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by samhain
That was clear in the '90s. Have you seen Oz?

No. I know that the show exists, but I was in primary school when it was originally airing. And never bothered checking it out later in life.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 06:43 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
No. I know that the show exists, but I was in primary school when it was originally airing. And never bothered checking it out later in life.

Fair enough. Trust me though, that show makes GoT look like Seinfeld or something.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:16 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by samhain
Fair enough. Trust me though, that show makes GoT look like Seinfeld or something.

Yeah, I have heard that Oz gets really rough at points. But I just stuck with GoT as an example because, as I said, it's something that I have personal experience with. But hey, just means that we have at least two good examples to go by.

Funnily enough, there is one show that was actually pretty horrible, if you think about the kinds of things that actually happen in the show. But because of the almost over-the-top way a lot of it is shot, almost lessens the impact of the gruesomeness. And that is Spartacus. I mean, beyond the standard horrible violence, like disembowling enemy gladiators etc., it featured multiple instances of violent rape, people being castrated and left to bleed out etc.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Dec 10th, 2017 at 03:30 AM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 03:25 AM