KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Legends of Tomorrow

Legends of Tomorrow
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Only on Legends of Tomorrow will you see a giant, magically-infused stuffed toy battle a demon lord.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 02:18 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
Why were they all wearing shirts and hats, etc on Aruba though? It's Aruba!

Well, can't speak for the others, but they probably gave Mick sleeves because it was too much effort covering Dominic Purcell's tattoos up with make-up, and doing the burn scars Mick is supposed to have, for a scene that lasts like 2 minutes.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 05:10 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

It's not that time consuming to slap on a bit of skin colouring on somebody and even if they did a lame job I doubt people would notice too much if there's a couple of reasonable hotties wearing bikinis in the scene.

That scene was cheap though, looked like Original Series Star Trek.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 09:20 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I feel like the show has taken an overall dip in VFX. You not only notice it in the quality of what's there, but also in what isn't. Nate probably Steeled up maybe half a dozen times across the entire season (and then usually only for a few seconds at a time). There was also minimal use of the Atom suit, also mostly just in short bursts. And also with Wally's speed effects since joining. Not a lot of slow-mo time frozen effects like we get on The Flash itself. Mostly just quick lightning bursts and him doing whatever needs to be done in that instant. Most of the VFX were centered around the totems.

Overall, it suggests less money spent. Or, otherwise, money less well spent.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 02:24 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah I noticed Nate wasn't Steeling up near as often, budget constraints seems the most likely reason, might explain why they binned off Firestorm too.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 04:00 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

The finale is a microcosm of why the CW shows - as a whole - work despite their flaws. They aren't afraid to do something that's ridiculous, borderline idiotic, but is fun. Each show is NOT a great show. But - and I say this more of Flash and Legends than the others - they lean into the comic book craziness of it, and just go with.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 06:03 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I gotta be honest, while I can accept a bit of silliness, I think this whole Bebo thing just pushed it too far. You build something up for a season and it leads to that? Kinda fell flat to me. I realise that other people won't agree, but I was hoping for something a bit more... I dunno, serious.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I won’t lie, part of me did want something different to happen with Mallus since he had a cool design, like him going down in a cool and more serious climactic way, but at the same time I feel I can’t complain, since it shows they weren’t afraid of being themselves, even if the climax was stupid and silly, but that was kind of the point, and part of the fun.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 03:17 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by -Pr-
I gotta be honest, while I can accept a bit of silliness, I think this whole Bebo thing just pushed it too far. You build something up for a season and it leads to that? Kinda fell flat to me. I realise that other people won't agree, but I was hoping for something a bit more... I dunno, serious.

I was, too, but like Ridley pointed out, this was in character for them/the show.

All i thought as i watched it happening was ‘holy shit, they just pulled a reverse Ghostbusters’. eek!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 07:10 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ghostbusters was the first thing I thought of too. And sure, I get that the show does tend to have its tongue firmly planted in-cheek. This was just a bit too far for me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 08:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

There is no such thing as too far imo. These shows are never going to be great as serious superhero fare. The Beebo moment is the pinnacle of Legends.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 02:37 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

My thought when I saw it was basically, "Well, that's super random... Yet very appropriate for this show."

I really want to see what they plan on doing for the next season though. Which brings me to another random observation. Is John just cool with Gary dressing up like him, wig and all?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:12 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by -Pr-
Ghostbusters was the first thing I thought of too. And sure, I get that the show does tend to have its tongue firmly planted in-cheek. This was just a bit too far for me.

I completely get you on that!

The rest of the ep. was pretty good, in bringing back characters from throughout the season, and even Jonah Hex.
Trademark humor (aside from the ending) and nice character bits (like Wally not wanting to be a Weather Wizard).
Vixen and Steel’s goodbye was actually pretty touching.

But damn that Beebo stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 05:37 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Digi
There is no such thing as too far imo. These shows are never going to be great as serious superhero fare. The Beebo moment is the pinnacle of Legends.

Eh, while I liked the season 3 finale, I still like the season 2 finale the best out of this show by far, but to each their own. It's just the S2 finale had the best of Reverse Flash, Black Flash, and a battle royale of villains versus legends. More memorable IMO, genius as Beebo vs Mallus was.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 07:26 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

You knew what you were getting at the seasons start, with everyones wacky adventures away from Legending, and their excuse for getting the band back together on account they 'Fix 'em after we break 'em" logic.

This is basically Blues Brothers for comic nerds.

I enjoy this more then I'm liking Krypton taking itself way too seriously, that's for sure.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 08:36 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Eh, while I liked the season 3 finale, I still like the season 2 finale the best out of this show by far, but to each their own. It's just the S2 finale had the best of Reverse Flash, Black Flash, and a battle royale of villains versus legends. More memorable IMO, genius as Beebo vs Mallus was.

I forgot that finale happened, tbh. Random mashup of castoffs from the other shows' villains...the whole season felt very forced to me.

Like you say, to each their own, but I couldn't disagree more.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 01:23 PM
riv6672

^^^yeah i thought they were doing that again when Darhk recruited Grodd, and was ‘meh’ about it.
Thankfully they went a different way.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 04:37 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, I wasn't expecting lightning to strike the same place twice with a Damian and Grodd teamup or anything, but yeah, I liked the different direction they took with Damian Darhk this time around, as well as giving him more closure.

I guess with the S2 finale, it helped for me that it was before the show had lost Firestorm essentially, Malcolm Merlyn had pretty much his last time to shine (I know he got his real sendoff in the Arrow S5 finale where John Barrowman said he was done with the whole CW/Arrowverse after that, but still), and other cool moments that stuck out for me.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2018 07:01 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

What I want to know if Darhk is actually dead now. It didn't stick last time. Also, he didn't have the montage a lot of characters usually get before being properly killed off.

I am kind of split on the topic myself. I really like the character, but you can only bring someone back so many times before they become a bit of a joke. I struggle to take RF seriously at this point because of this exact same phenomenon.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 04:10 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Bebo thing just signals the comedic leanings of the show. And honestlyngogen how many generic villains Flash has given us, or shitty gangster/Ninjas causing havoc in Star city for the 37384747th time it’s good to see the levity Legends has.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 09:43 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote