KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Legends of Tomorrow

Legends of Tomorrow
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (46): « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 35 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

^^ That's why I am kind of getting tired of Arrow nowadays. It feels like they are just retreading the same crap, over and over.

But the problem with that show is that it's limited by the very human nature of the lead protagonist. They can't escalate things to the same level as on The Flash, Legends, Supergirl etc. because Oliver would, quite frankly, get murdered if he had to operate at the level they routinely have to. So, they are extremely limited in how far they can push things and up the stakes, and still make it seem like something the Green Arrow can handle without calling in the big hitters. And there is only so much you can do with that. So, it's just been a bunch of unnecessary drama between Oliver and everyone around him, which makes for a very dreary and dull show.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 01:07 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Sadly, yeah. I thought the successful comeback of season 5 would make the show consistently better again afterward, but alas I was wrong. Season 6 isn't the worst though, but that's not saying much. It's just nothing about it fells well, new. Earth 2 Laurel being two-faced every step of the way, Ricardo Diaz not having too much an impact like the previous villains and is just kinda there, etc.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 05:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Another overall problem with Arrow is that they've done that whole 'city under siege' thing a bunch of times now, they need to mix things up or come out of left field for a bit.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 16th, 2018 10:58 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

A villian feud could have been fun.

Resurrected Ra's vs Slade's gang, Darhk vs Ra's, League of Assassin's vs Court of Owls (Why not? If Gotham and Arrow can share the League..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 12:13 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Don't think Gotham is in the Arrowverse, matter of fact Gotham has it's own Ra's.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 12:35 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
League of Assassin's vs Court of Owls (Why not? If Gotham and Arrow can share the League..)

Apologies, misinterpreted what you said.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 12:39 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by samhain
Apologies, misinterpreted what you said.

Np. smile

I believe the Court is world wide, isn't it?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 12:41 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by samhain
Another overall problem with Arrow is that they've done that whole 'city under siege' thing a bunch of times now, they need to mix things up or come out of left field for a bit.

Yes, but like I said, you can't really escalate things much with a non-powered protagonist. Even when Darhk was the villain, they had to contrive that whole white magic plot device nonsense so that Oliver could fight him during the finale, and then promptly completely forgot about said magic afterwards. So, yeah, they would really have to change the story angle to shake things up and make it interesting again.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2018 02:43 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
What I want to know if Darhk is actually dead now. It didn't stick last time. Also, he didn't have the montage a lot of characters usually get before being properly killed off.

I am kind of split on the topic myself. I really like the character, but you can only bring someone back so many times before they become a bit of a joke. I struggle to take RF seriously at this point because of this exact same phenomenon.

RF is still great, but yeah it’s total BS that hes still around, and miraculously still as fast as Barry.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 11:00 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

^^ The issue is that, at this point, you know he is never going to really beat Barry (he's had his time as the main villain already). And, based on the amount of times he has resurfaced, he is never truly going to be defeated either. So, I hardly still feel any real stakes when he is involved. That's why I can't take him seriously anymore.

The speed thing has a tiny bit of leeway actually. Because, technically, we never see the Wells-face incarnation of RF hit his max speed before. Back in S1, he always had the edge over Barry, even after the latter improved across S1. Eddie still had to kill himself to stop RF killing Flash. So, it could simply be that that particular version of RF was finally going all out, now that Flash had caught up. I mean Barry did still beat him in the end.

Admittedly, it requires a bit of a stretch, but it still makes more sense than the other part i.e. how he can actually still be alive.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 04:12 AM
Darth Thor

Lol him being alive is pretty hilarious.

I mean hes only been

1) Wiped out from the timeline in Flash S1

and

2) Wiped Out from reality in Legends S2

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 10:25 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not finished with the season yet, but it's kinda getting annoying seeing some of them mope around. "Oh no muh future". Though since the season is over I'm able to watch the rest of it on netflix.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 03:51 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait Rip drinks booze made for a speedster...lol, pretty sure that should have killed him.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 04:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Black Lightning already on Netflix too... That didn’t take long, and only 13 episodes. lol Guessing it got the lowest ratings out of any of the CW superhero shows.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 04:24 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well the way netflix does it usually is that a season comes onto netflix about a week after the season finale has aired.

Yeah I saw Black Lightning on netflix too...I have no interest in watching it. Though apparently it has gotten renewed for another season.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 04:28 PM
Darth Thor

Also BL debuts on Netflix over here only a week behind the States, so its no surprise its already on Netflix U.S.

They obviously made some prior deal.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 05:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Finished the season. I think it definitely was the best so far. Though I think in the end Mollus was a disappointment. Or Malice? I didn't quite get what the joke was supposed to be with his name. Though the way the demon was defeated was entertaining. Reminded me of the end of Ghostbusters.

Can't say I'm sad to see Amaya go. Her thing with Nate was tiresome. I wonder if Rip will return. I'm glad Wally is sticking around since he fits better on this show. Also I'm hoping we see more of Constantine next season. Make him a main cast member...or give his show another season.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 04:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Lol him being alive is pretty hilarious.

I mean hes only been

1) Wiped out from the timeline in Flash S1

and

2) Wiped Out from reality in Legends S2

Eobard is like herpes, he might go away for a bit but he will always return. And since his name is "Eobard" he is reduced to either a life as a butler or a super villain.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 04:48 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Surtur
I'm glad Wally is sticking around since he fits better on this show. Also I'm hoping we see more of Constantine next season. Make him a main cast member...or give his show another season.

thumb up

Old Post May 1st, 2018 04:56 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Constantine was confirmed as a regular for the next season back in March already. Plus, he has the short animated stuff going on at the moment.

Old Post May 1st, 2018 05:34 PM