KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion of "peace" strikes again

Religion of "peace" strikes again
Started by: Star428

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 01:14 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)

Appreciate you showing proof of what you claim. It's more than what most people do.

I don't have time right now to read all of the articles but I read most of the first one. It seems that those killings were committed in retaliation for one of their leaders having been assassinated even if it turned out that those they killed had nothing to do with it. Not justifying what they did but that's not the same type of things as what ISIS has done recently. ISIS carries out much worse crimes with no other justification than that their victims are non-muslim and they think that Allah has commanded it. Or at least that's what they say. Whether they actually believe that or are just using it as an excuse to kill I don't know.

I will read the other articles probably tomorrow if I have time. Gtg for now. It's Saturday night, afterall.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 01:51 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Apr 5th, 2015 at 02:43 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 02:41 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i guess that makes it ok then.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 03:00 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
This is nothing compared to the mass murders committed by Islamists in the Middle East and Africa.

Wow you sure showed me

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 03:12 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Pop quiz!

What's the biggest Muslim country?

Answer, Indonesia.

Is it known for these type of things? Nope, it's not.

See, the reason why people call out blaming Islam as a whole as a bad thing to do, is because we have huge samples, 204 million Muslims in the same place, that indicate that it's not belief in Islam that causes these problems.

And, importantly, not only do many of the other Muslims in the world not support attacks like this, but plenty actively fight against the violent extremists.

Not all Muslims are the same, as one can easily tell by examining them, and lumping them all together is a foolish way to handle things. In no small part because it makes it harder to deal with those who actually are a problem.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 03:48 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirtle

Uh, key difference: the fascist, supremacist and violent ideology is intrinsically part of quran and hadith. Unhuman sharia is also part of those texts.

NONE of those groups/incidents you linked has any base whatsoever in the christian text and jesus teachings. On the contrary, christian ideology was important part of human rights development in history.

And yes, the vast, huge difference in amount of violent incidents between islam and any other faith, is because that violence is written and part of their core beliefs. Tell me what happens to gay, "adultery" women and apostates in islamic countries, each and every day?

Tell me what the prophet did to aisha and the hadith teachings on women and how do you thing it influences violence on females in islamic countries (and against "infidel" occidental women/girsl).

The contrast between jesus techings and Muhammads, is brutal.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 03:59 AM
Squirtle is currently offline Click here to Send Squirtle a Private Message Find more posts by Squirtle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Squirtle
Tell me what happens to gay, "adultery" women and apostates in islamic countries, each and every day?
The same thing that happened to gays, adultery women and apostates in Christian countries for centuries.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 04:04 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirtle

Originally posted by Tzeentch
The same thing that happened to gays, adultery women and apostates in Christian countries for centuries.

Really? are you completetly ignoring all my points just like that with your fallacious answer?

quote for all of us please, jesus teachings about how we should deal with gays, women and apostates. I'll give you quotes from the prophet.

also, tell me the personal spiritual behavior and beliefs of the "christian" countries rulers, and link them the jesus teaching, so we can compare how "christian" they were right? I'll do the same with muslim rulers and quran/hadith.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 04:45 AM
Squirtle is currently offline Click here to Send Squirtle a Private Message Find more posts by Squirtle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirtle

I'll give you a free clue: one of those groups do follow the actual, written, CORE beliefs to the point. Who it might be? mmmmm

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 04:50 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Squirtle
Really? are you completetly ignoring all my points just like that with your fallacious answer?

quote for all of us please, jesus teachings about how we should deal with gays, women and apostates. I'll give you quotes from the prophet.

also, tell me the personal spiritual behavior and beliefs of the "christian" countries rulers, and link them the jesus teaching, so we can compare how "christian" they were right? I'll do the same with muslim rulers and quran/hadith.
Is the bible not the official book of Christianity, or do Christians only reference the hundreds of pages that have nothing to do with Jesus when it suits them to do so (such as, say, when they wanted to justify the slave-trade)?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 05:00 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Wow you sure showed me

We're not allowed to post extremely graphic videos in this forum.

I'm sure you can find all the evidence in the internet.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 05:02 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirtle

Is the bible not the official book of Christianity, or do Christians only reference the hundreds of pages that have nothing to do with Jesus when it suits them to do so (such as, say, when they wanted to justify the slave-trade)?

Please answer my points and stop moving the goalpost, or stop answering if you are not going to have an honest debate.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 05:11 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Your points are fallacious. The fact is that Christians have done a plethora of horrific acts throughout human history and justified it with scriptures from their "holy book", the bible.

Trying to claim some sort of moral superiority over Islam because they've done the same thing is thus hypocritical. thumb up One could argue that the majority of [modern] Christians have more or less renounced the violent aspects of bible scripture in favor of Jesus' teachings, but then you'd have to note that 99% of Muslims live by the peaceful elements of the Quaran as well. Literally 99%- even if millions of Muslims were violent extremists, that's still less then one percent of the Muslim population.

Last edited by Tzeentch on Apr 5th, 2015 at 05:57 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 05:43 AM
Squirtle

Once again you avoided any debate on the points I presented, there's no point on wasting any more time with intellectually dishonest guys like you, to ignore you go.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 06:11 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

I accept your concession.

Don't forget to list the number of people you have on ignore in your sig. thumb up

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 06:22 AM
bluewaterrider

The fact is that Christians have done a plethora of horrific acts throughout human history and justified it with scriptures from their "holy book", the bible.

Prove this, please.

List the specific horrific act these so-called "Christians" have done and give the scripture or scriptures they used to justify their action.

Even Richard Dawkins admits the Christian religion is benign compared to Islam;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Ks4pCO5O8

I'd be very interested in learning if a counter exists to his assertions:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3:35
I would be thoroughly in favor of education in the Bible as literature.
You can't understand English Literature without the Bible.
You can't take your allusions ...
This IS a Christian country, historically it's a Christian country,
You can't understand English History or English Literature without a knowledge of the Bible.

By the way, I should say, the act of collective worship, I don't approve of it, but nevertheless:
The Christian religion ... is benign by comparison ...
The penalty for apostasy in the Christian religion is not death.
There is no penalty for apostasy at all in the Christian religion.
The Christian religion is comparatively benign, and we should respect it as such. -- Richard Dawkins
4:33
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 10:04 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

How would Hitler handle the Muslim problem?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 01:49 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirtle

Well,
how about this?
. Actually both ideologies have many things in common.

Btw is funny how some people say "you can't claim moral superiority of X over Y" as if we were talking about impossible things to prove, like the existence of god of unicorns in another galaxy.

Ideologies are ideas, even moral ones, and yes... we can pretty much stablish that some ideas are superior to other ideas, from many points of views, and do this objectively, as rational human beings.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 05:03 PM
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
How would Hitler handle the Muslim problem?

Fun fact: Hitler admired the early Islamic caliphates for their military successes and approach to law and order. He believed that had they been of Aryan stock, they'd have conquered the entire world.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2015 05:28 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote