KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gaming deals and sales

Gaming deals and sales
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
A PC that can't play KOTOR?

You can replace it with something better for virtually free. A computer from 2009 (6 years after KOTOR was released) could be had nothing.
Well, it can play KOTOR, but not much else, it lags on Skyrim, Saints Row 2, Jedi Academy, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, War of the Roses.

So yeah, I can play them, but its very laggy.

Jedi Academy only lags some of the time in really dense places in-game.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 04:56 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well a computer from 2009/2010 should be less than $100 and be able to play all those games (Skyrim being a bit tough).

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 06:43 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Smasandian
Well a computer from 2009/2010 should be less than $100 and be able to play all those games (Skyrim being a bit tough).
I have 0 bucks.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2015 07:08 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I noticed Origin has Jade Empire on the House.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2016 06:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So Phantom Pain is half-price on Steam right now. Not bad. Thinking of using that Steam credit I got for Christmas to pick it up:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/287700/

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 09:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Well, it can play KOTOR, but not much else, it lags on Skyrim, Saints Row 2, Jedi Academy, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, War of the Roses.

So yeah, I can play them, but its very laggy.

Jedi Academy only lags some of the time in really dense places in-game.

KOTOR needs some tweaking to play right. At the time, even on my 6600gts, it lagged a lot in areas.

Jedi Academy lagging is surprising. I think that game could have played on a 2000 rig.. Runs fine on my laptops integrated 945gm, and that can't play much, at all..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jan 22nd, 2016 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 10:45 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
KOTOR needs some tweaking to play right. At the time, even on my 6600gts, it lagged a lot in areas.

Jedi Academy lagging is surprising. I think that game could have played on a 2000 rig.. Runs fine on my laptops integrated 945gm, and that can't play much, at all..

Thats why I downloaded KOTOR off the Gamestop Online app, and not on steam.

I've honestly never trusted steam, why do I have to update it to play my games offline??? Why do I need to log in to play the game's I paid for?

What if I lose my email and forget my password?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 06:59 AM
cdtm

I could rant for hours about Steam.

Why would they let on apps that don't even work on modern computers? Happens all the time.. Max Payne 1 and 2 were on sale awhile back, and basically couldn't run on anything post Windows XP without tweaking the exe, folder layout, and adding another file.. Pages of complaints with the same issues.

Good Old Games actually makes sure their games work on newer OS's, instead of throwing stuff out there and letting the user take their chances.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 03:58 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan

I've honestly never trusted steam, why do I have to update it to play my games offline??? Why do I need to log in to play the game's I paid for?

That's one thing with Steam i felt that they could fix

and also why not have the game all patched up before buying it?....at least GOG has that problem sorted out & then when you uninstall it and decide to play it again later gotta go through that process again....ugh

Why would they let on apps that don't even work on modern computers? Happens all the time.. Max Payne 1 and 2 were on sale awhile back, and basically couldn't run on anything post Windows XP without tweaking the exe, folder layout, and adding another file.. Pages of complaints with the same issues..

Didn't know that about Max Payne 1 & 2...good thing i played the second one on my old computer which had XP.

Last edited by Kazenji on Jan 24th, 2016 at 09:12 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 09:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Mmkay, so the sale is over now, but I got Dragon's Crown on my Vita for Half Price ($14.99).

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 12:38 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Regarding the Max Payne discussion above, You can get it working on on modern PC's....very easy to do.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 09:00 AM
Jmanghan

I dunno if its for consoles as well, but if you have a Vita, the "Sale of the Dead" has some low-budget horror games on sale, as well as...

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season.

ITS ONLY $4.99!!!

I already have TWD on my Vita, first season anyway, can't wait to get the second one.

They also have "Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles" on sale for $7.99, but meh, I already have SoTN, I'm happy.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Oct 25th, 2016 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2016 03:38 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
Regarding the Max Payne discussion above, You can get it working on on modern PC's....very easy to do.

Haven't been able to yet.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2016 03:47 PM
Jmanghan

Part 1 of the Sale of the Dead:

Attachment: 2016-10-25-120119.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Oct 25th, 2016 04:02 PM
Jmanghan

Part 2 of the Sale of the Dead:

Attachment: 2016-10-25-120129.jpg

Old Post Oct 25th, 2016 04:02 PM
cdtm

The Swapper's on there, but not Lone Survivor?

Swapper isn't really horror themed, but LS sure is.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2016 04:22 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Haven't been able to yet.

Look on the game's forum next time you go back to it.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 06:41 AM
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
Look on the game's forum next time you go back to it.

I did, many times. Nothing works, not compability mode, or administrator mode, or setting the affinity for a single core at launch, or forcing dx8-9, or the stupid directory renaming trick. The game never launches.

On the bright side, Deus Ex randomly started working.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2016 04:51 PM
Jmanghan

I didn't know this about Dracula X Chronicles, but...

Attachment: 2016-10-29-084055.jpg

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 12:42 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah you basically get two games with that Castlevania game.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2016 01:59 PM