KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gaming deals and sales

Gaming deals and sales
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 22 23 [24] 25 26 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
There's a 'Golden Axed: A Cancelled Prototype' free on Steam, Part of the 60th anniversary for Sega

it's actually good, **** you Sega for cancelling it.

There's this at least:

EVERYONE.

*except Gecko. #KenganBros.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 19th, 2020 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2020 08:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Kingdom: Classic is free over at Humble Bundle

i've never heard of it.

Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora Ora!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2020 03:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Hey, I just found out Descent 3 exists on Steam and Gog. Last I checked you couldn't legally buy any Descents, excepting existing discs you manage to track down.

This a recent development? 20 bucks for all three sounds good.

Although that spiritual successor Overload also looks tasty..

EVERYONE.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2020 11:14 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by cdtm
Hey, I just found out Descent 3 exists on Steam and Gog. Last I checked you couldn't legally buy any Descents, excepting existing discs you manage to track down.

Been on GOG for years those games, Not sure about Steam.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 01:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Been on GOG for years those games, Not sure about Steam.

http://www.fistsofheaven.com/descent-removed-from-gog/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/2735...48855005010051/

quote:
"Hey, Folks. Here's the story.

Parallax Software still exists and still owns the copyrights to the Descent games. Under our 21-year-old agreement, Interplay has the exclusive rights to sell Descent and Descent II, and they have been doing so on Good Old Games and Steam.

The problem is that Interplay has not paid to Parallax any royalties since 2007. We've talked to them about this numerous times over the years, and finally took action this fall. We served Interplay official notice that they were in breach of the contract, and when they still failed to pay we terminated the agreement.

This means that Interplay has lost the right to sell the Descent games, which is why they came down from GOG. (We're not sure why they're still on Steam; they shouldn't be.)

Interplay does, however, still own the Descent trademark, which they are free to use or license as they see fit (such as for Descent: Underground) as long as they don't violate our copyrights.

As for whether Descent and Descent II will be available for purchase again, we hope so. We'd be very happy to work things out with Interplay.

Matt Toschlog & Mike Kulas
Parallax Software"

Meaning I guess Steam was ignoring the cease and desist requests?

But how could they get away with it? There must be more to this.. Something that shields Steam from liability lawsuits, likely.

EVERYONE.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 01:54 PM
cdtm

https://www.gog.com/game/descent

I guess that disputes been settled, as its on Gog too.

EVERYONE.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 01:55 PM
cdtm

Tex Murphy catalog on sale at Gog for 8 dollars total.

Never got to play these back in the day. Did privateer Under a Killing Moon, and found it kind of interesting, kind of frustrating.

Not sure I ever really want to go back to Point and Click Adventure Games though... Who ever really beat them without needing to consult a guide at least once, if they didn't want to methodically click on every pixel in every location with every item in their inventory?

EVERYONE.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 03:23 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

https://www.gog.com/game/descent

I guess that disputes been settled, as its on Gog too.

Didn't even know about a dispute, But i got most of those games back in 2012 on GOG

also if you playing Descent 1 & 2 on Win 10, Use the Source port DXX-Rebirth.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 02:15 AM
cdtm

Didn't even know about a dispute, But i got most of those games back in 2012 on GOG

also if you playing Descent 1 & 2 on Win 10, Use the Source port DXX-Rebirth.

I'll do that, thanks.

Doesm't seem to be a source port for 3. Only a glide wrapper.

EVERYONE.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 02:24 AM
Jmanghan

Wrong thread, ****.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 01:51 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Not sure I ever really want to go back to Point and Click Adventure Games though... Who ever really beat them without needing to consult a guide at least once, if they didn't want to methodically click on every pixel in every location with every item in their inventory?

I think every genre has pitfalls developers should be wary of. Adventure games run the risk of the impossibly obtuse puzzle moment, where poor in-game guidance masquerades itself as "challenge." It's the Moon Logic Puzzle trope.

I played Trace Memory years ago on Nintendo DSLite. There was a puzzle where you had to use an old stamp to stamp a paper or something. You spend forever trying to make it work, then search online to discover you must physically close your DS and re-open it to place the stamp. confused No in-game logic or clues suggest that is even a supported functionality, much less the solution for a puzzle. Another where you had to actually blow into the mic in real life. Moments like that always felt like bullshit to me.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good game. But even good games fall prey to it.

Last edited by StyleTime on Nov 13th, 2020 at 04:28 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 04:21 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I was adamantly opposed to guides, until I played Final Fantasy Adventure.

Methodically searching everything, ten times over, and the solution was to run around two random trees in a figure eight path so a cave appears. Because of course.

Stuff like that makes you wonder if anyone even play tests their games.

EVERYONE.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 04:29 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I almost got Sam & Max finished without using a guide, I was right near the end on my first playthrough.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 04:55 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

My dad used to have the old 90's Blade Runner point and click game, I used to love that one. The disc was lost over the years but I think it's on gog for like 10 bucks, might pick it up actually.

Last edited by Trocity on Nov 13th, 2020 at 06:46 AM

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 06:44 AM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Trocity
My dad used to have the old 90's Blade Runner point and click game, I used to love that one. The disc was lost over the years but I think it's on gog for like 10 bucks, might pick it up actually.

Nightdive Studio's are also working on a remaster of that game.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2020 09:52 AM
cdtm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t0BSzYLvCxs

Interesting Castlevania fan game.

EVERYONE.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2020 04:18 PM
StyleTime

I was adamantly opposed to guides, until I played Final Fantasy Adventure.

Methodically searching everything, ten times over, and the solution was to run around two random trees in a figure eight path so a cave appears. Because of course.

Stuff like that makes you wonder if anyone even play tests their games.

Yeah, some of it gets pretty wacky.

Oddly, the top Survival Horror games often have some of most consistently well-executed puzzles. Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Alan Wake, Fatal Frame, Evil Within, etc. They're not necessarily the most mind bending ones, but they almost always follow the game's internal logic and narrative, and rarely employ bullshit non-sequitors or things outside the game they never allude to.

Heck, Resident Evil 7's Bedroom DLC was one of the best escape the room puzzles I've played. When I failed and Marguerite caught me, I generally went "Oooooooh. I forgot to this put back. ****!" It never felt like some out of left field, spin-around-4-times-and-crouch-to-trigger-a-switch-no-one-mentioned ridiculousness.

Although, survival horror does have a strong influence from adventure games, so maybe it's not that "odd" I guess.

Last edited by StyleTime on Nov 16th, 2020 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2020 01:29 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Turns out there's a remake of the original Privateer, including Rightous Fire, called Privateer Gemini Gold. With the difference that instead of sprites it uses poly based ships.

Not sure how I feel about that, poly over sprite, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

EVERYONE.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 02:38 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

There's been some remaster's of Bloodrayne 1 & 2 that have been released on GOG & Steam, If you own the original version's you would get the newer ones for free.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 02:54 AM
cdtm

Elite Dangerous free on Epic.

Kind of wish it was Star Citizen instead, because it looks more interesting, but its a joke paying 40 bucks for a game with an early access phase of 10 years.

EVERYONE.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 03:16 PM