KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gaming deals and sales

Gaming deals and sales
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

40 bucks..you mean hundreds.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 04:38 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Will work out to a buck a year at the pace they're going.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2020 11:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Cave Story Plus free on Epic.

Or you can do like me and just play the original with fan patch, in 50 fps glory.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2020 07:30 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I was going to mention some deals, but it's Thanksgiving, so all the Black Friday/CyberMonday/Commercialholidaysales are in full swing. Probably best to just log on to your favorite gaming platforms and check stuff out.

There's 70-80% off deals on a lot of stuff. You can find some 50$ games for like 10 bucks at the moment. In hindsight, there's a few recent purchases I probably could have waited on.

Last edited by StyleTime on Nov 26th, 2020 at 08:02 PM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2020 07:56 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Ikaruga half price

I still play on a 360 and have the XBLA version, so not sure if I need it.

Then again, that's an imperfect port..

Old Post Nov 26th, 2020 10:14 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm

Or you can do like me and just play the original with fan patch, in 50 fps glory.

That's how i first played the game too.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 05:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Anyone with Ikaruga Steam edition, is it a little tiny image surrounded by giant pillars on the screen?

I keep wanting to use 16:10 aspect ratios, because even though they distort the image on a 16:9 screen, it stretches out a bit more horizontally.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 08:31 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Have you gone to PC gaming wiki?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 01:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Sonic Mania sale looks tempting.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2020 10:27 PM
cdtm

So is Raiden V worth getting? It seems to have middling reviews on Steam.

Raiden IV Overdrive is far cheaper, and has far better reviews.

I only wish Raiden Fighters Jet was available on Steam, for the sales. They almost never see a sale on Xbox.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 03:29 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by cdtm
So is Raiden V worth getting? It seems to have middling reviews on Steam.

Raiden IV Overdrive is far cheaper, and has far better reviews.

I only wish Raiden Fighters Jet was available on Steam, for the sales. They almost never see a sale on Xbox.

Never mind, Raiden Fighters Aces was delisted on Xbox in 2018. And a Steam and Gog edition of Jet does exist, but is poorly emulated and much too fast.

Because of COURSE.

Now I wish I spent the 15 on Aces and it's perfect emulation when I had the chance. You can't even emulate it properly in M.A.M.E., there is literally no way to play these games short of owning an arcade cabinet.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 05:37 PM
cdtm

Picked up Crimzon Clover, Judgement Silver Sword, Raiden IV Overdrive, and Sonic Mania.

The good news, they all work. Crimzon Clover and Raiden IV had a well known problem running in Windows 10, so they either fixed that or I lucked out.

The bad news: Sonic Mania does not recognize my Playstation 2 gamepad.

The Shmups work just fine with it, its only Sonic Mania that does not. This has become an ongoing problem with modern games. Microsoft Xbox gamepads work fine, Playstation 4 gamepads work fine, its the older non MS devices that become an issue.

Personally, I think this is on purpose. Force people with old gamepads to buy something new, or at least get an MS gamepad.

I'll just use Joy2Key, like usual.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 08:43 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I don't even use either console joypad for PC gaming, Logitech works good for me.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2020 11:23 PM
cdtm

I totally ****ed up buying a game by itself, and passing on a better deal with a two pack and digital music. Wasn't sure on the second game, and changed my mind.

Guess I could refund, and just buy the pack, but eh... Is it really worth it for a digital music dlc I don't care about?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2020 06:59 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Are you talking about Doom Eternal?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2020 01:14 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Are you talking about Doom Eternal?

Nah, a few arcade shmups.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2020 02:19 PM
cdtm

Decided I don't like either game, and asked for a refund.

The last one was immediately refunded, but the first they claim they are looking at. It was about 8 hours, 4 minutes of gameplay, I should be covered.

My given reason shouldn't matter, I assume (Bought by mistake.)

I mean, they say "any reason", so I shouldn't even need to give one.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2020 07:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Some good news, one of the games I've talked about a lot on here is free next week(Tyranny). Pillars of Eternity is also free:

Epic Games Store Makes Two Massive Obsidian RPGs Free Next Week

The trailer:

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 09:24 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Are Twisted Pixel games good?

Looking at the four pack for 30 bucks. Splosion Man, Ms Splosion Man, The Maw, and Comic Jumper.

I only wanted to get Splosion Man, but I figure the pack is a better value... If the games are any good.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2020 04:55 PM
cdtm

Old Post Dec 5th, 2020 09:14 PM